Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    will be about the same quality as the last video game based movie sequel that used the unimaginative subtitle "annihilation".

3. Post
    Cool, another terrible DOOM movie. Looked like a B grade movie from the trailer.
    Better yet, don't even include DOOM Guy.

4. Post
    JRS wrote:
    will be about the same quality as the last video game based movie sequel that used the unimaginative subtitle "annihilation".
    Ahh yes, Mortal Kombat, what a mess that movie was. At least the first one was watchable.

5. Post
    They are making an R rated Mortal Kombat movie which will have fatalities, so that might be decent.

6. Post
    Gotta watch this for the laughs!

7. Post
    Writes ownership is a strange thing
    I know, write?

8. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Cool, another terrible DOOM movie. Looked like a B grade movie from the trailer.
    Better yet, don't even include DOOM Guy.
    You can't have Doom GUY anymore, has to be Doom GIRL.

9. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    You can't have Doom GUY anymore, has to be Doom GIRL.
    this is painfully unfunny

10. Post
    well if they were running out of time to use the license they should have given it to Micheal Bay, at least we would have gotten lots of explosions. It would been really bad like Transformers bad but at least.. explosions!

11. Post
    looks great cant wait

12. Post
    I hate this more than I can put into words. Movies based on games are either really good or really bad, and 99% of the time it's based on whether or not they use the original lore. Resident Evil is probably the best example that comes to mind, the live action movies were rubbish because they had nearly nothing to do with the universe already set in place, but the animated versions were amazing and actually added canon.

13. Post
    looks rad

14. Post
    Oh my god that looks bad

15. Post
    First Doom was trash, hard to believe they could make it any worse lol

SinuousPanic wrote:
    I hate this more than I can put into words. Movies based on games are either really good or really bad, and 99% of the time it's based on whether or not they use the original lore. Resident Evil is probably the best example that comes to mind, the live action movies were rubbish because they had nearly nothing to do with the universe already set in place, but the animated versions were amazing and actually added canon.
    I actually liked the first 2 live action RE movies since they did capture some of the essence of the games but from then on it turned to shit.

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I actually liked the first 2 live action RE movies since they did capture some of the essence of the games but from then on it turned to shit.
    Same, probably mostly because I was younger but iirc the second had some laughs and was a decent zombie film if nothing else. But the series gets so deranged as it goes on, didn't one of them end with the whitehouse under seige but then the sequel just completely ignored that?

17. Post
    Looks as good as the first. Which was crap.
    Mortal Kombat movie had good fight scenes but that was about it. Think Pikachu been best game -> movie so far... and thats me not being a Pokemon fan.

18. Post
    What confuses me is the first movie was a financial flop. Budget of $75m and made $58m in the cinemas. Why would you take a failure and rehash it?

19. Post
    Wertbag wrote:
    What confuses me is the first movie was a financial flop. Budget of $75m and made $58m in the cinemas. Why would you take a failure and rehash it?
    Why would you not want to watch a movie about a super soldier bad-ass destroying the minions of hell after a research facility on Mars opened up a portal to hell.

I don't get why this is so hard to do.

20. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Yet also painfully true.

21. Post
    Wertbag wrote:
    probably they needed to shove up something asap at a minimal budget before the license has to be renewed or lost

22. Post
    Wertbag wrote:
    You haven't noticed the revival of the franchise in recent years?

23. Post
    "Die die die."

Emotive.

w0lfbrains wrote:
    Youre awefully sensitive about this topic aren't you?

24. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    "Die die die."

Emotive.

Youre awefully sensitive about this topic aren't you?
    You were the one complaining, snowflake.

25. Post
    GaR wrote:
    You were the one complaining, snowflake.
    You've misread the conversation, agro.