1. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Yeah that thing will kill you.
    It flys up hills

but lol @ doing something silly like 80kmph and then coming off the scooter - you'll wake in hospital if you're lucky with half your skin gone.

2. Post
    That thing looks cumbersome to store or move around with.

Apart from going fast it has no benefits apart from increasing the likelihood of injury and death.

3. Post
    It is cumbersome, however you can set a speed limit on them which is good.

4. Post
    Konev wrote:
    It is cumbersome, however you can set a speed limit on them which is good.
    You can set a speed limit on the Ninebot ES2 as well.

5. Post
    That elbow front wheel design just looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

6. Post
    Yeah after my Xiaomi I just want one with decent hill-climbing ability, carry-up-some-stairs portability, and 35km/h top speed for >=$1,500

edit, that was supposed to be <=$1,500
    Last edited by pablo d; 23rd July 2019 at 6:48 pm.

7. Post
    pablo d wrote:
    Yeah after my Xiaomi I just want one with decent hill-climbing ability, carry-up-some-stairs portability, and 35km/h top speed for >=$1,500
    If it isn't too personal how much do you weigh and how fast can it carry you up a hill?

8. Post
    pablo d wrote:
    Are you rocking the Xiaomi 365?

The ES4 adds some more oomph to the ES2. Although I would only buy new stock of the ES series. The old stock was obviously flawed (the internet was in a flap) but mine is pretty new and have had nil issues.

My ES2 struggles up some steepish hills at which point I just ride like a normal scooter.

$300 for an external battery to go up hill faster just didn't seem worth it.

Segway just released the Kickscooter Max which may be the ticket. Edit - Actually just looks legit like the Xiaomi Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa-IZVVOc24

9. Post
    pablo d wrote:
    Boosted Rev?
    https://boostedboards.com/vehicles/scooters/boosted-rev

10. Post
    brand wrote:
    If it isn't too personal how much do you weigh and how fast can it carry you up a hill?
    with my backpack & laptop etc probably ~95kg. The modded M365 hauls my ass pretty good. Gets from Jville station to Newlands New World about 15km/h average without having to kick, if you're familiar with the northern suburbs/Newlands Rd at all.

Pulley wrote:
    Are you rocking the Xiaomi 365?

The ES4 adds some more oomph to the ES2. Although I would only buy new stock of the ES series. The old stock was obviously flawed (the internet was in a flap) but mine is pretty new and have had nil issues.
    Yep rocking the M365. When I upgrade (in the next 12 months hopefully) I would want to go for a bit more power than the ES2/ES4 can provide.
    That converts to about $2,500NZD, a bit above my budget

11. Post
    sorry the above post was supposed to indicate less than or equal to $1500, not more

12. Post
    pablo d wrote:
    That converts to about $2,500NZD, a bit above my budget
    Whoops, my bad, thought that was the NZ site lol

13. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Whoops, my bad, thought that was the NZ site lol
    It's the US price for shipping to NZ, selecting country doesn't seem to change the currency.

14. Post
    pablo d wrote:
    with my backpack & laptop etc probably ~95kg. The modded M365 hauls my ass pretty good. Gets from Jville station to Newlands New World about 15km/h average without having to kick, if you're familiar with the northern suburbs/Newlands Rd at all.
    Hmm... I'm around 65kg are there any physics students out there? How much faster would I go?

15. Post
    Heaps

16. Post
    brand wrote:
    Hmm... I'm around 65kg are there any physics students out there? How much faster would I go?
    These things are designed for people your size, so you should be able to achieve whatever they say the max speed is on the specs.

17. Post
    It'll cap out at 25kmh (or 30kmh modded) either way. It's only acceleration, hill climb and distance that will be affected.

18. Post
    I have a Ninebot Mini plus, Ninebot ES4, and a Xiaomi M365.... the mini plus is great on hills, however it is rather slow on a flat... (top speed of about 19 km/h)... the M365 is great on the flat (up to 25 km/h), however hills is a bit of a story... disc brake is great and ride quality with air tyre is rather good.... only downside is you may get a puncture and it is an effort and a half to replace the tyres...

The ES4 is great on the flat, however ride quality is not as good as the M365... hill climbing ability is a lot better tho, even when the battery is on 20-30% mark (normally M365 really struggle on hills when it has under 50% charge).... However ES4 brake is not as good and it is noticeably heavier than the M365...

19. Post
    The dual motor wide wheel mercane for $1300 on Ali express is starting to look reeeeaaaalllly tempting...

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bNb6NQek

20. Post
    Anyone have experience with this?
    https://scoozzi.nz/shop/inokim-ox-super/

I kinda want one, 12km journey each way from home to work, and most of that will be on a cyclepath.

pros: 110km range, up to 45km/h speed
    cons: 28kg weight

21. Post
    I know they're supposed to be one of the best ones you can get here, hence the price.

22. Post
    45km/h sounds kind of dangerous...

23. Post
    I tried to have a go on the Xiaomi 365 in store but apparently you have to kick off first then engage the motor?

By then I had already hit the end of the store and had to stop so couldn't get much of a feel for it. The acceleration was pretty savage probably due to my (lack of) weight. Is there a way to limit the top speed while learning?

24. Post
    Yeah, buy a kids scooter that isn't powered. Sissy I'm sure after 20 minutes you'd be riding like a pro so it would be a non-issue.

25. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I know they're supposed to be one of the best ones you can get here, hence the price.
    oh yea, the price is a con. I'll have to weigh it up. already good that my daily commute is about $35/week via train/bus, but it would be nice to get out. other option is e-bike since it's at that price level.

brand wrote:
    45km/h sounds kind of dangerous...
    I LIVE FOR THIS
    hah but yea, that is more than quick enough imo. but not silly like 80kph levels