Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

  1. Post
    #51
    So my Xiaomi dismantled itself mid-flight the other day and I ate pavement. Ruined my gloves, pants and shoulder. I emailed pbtech head office but no reply so just gonna take it in and try and get my money back without yelling at whoever is behind the counter that day. Most concerning is that it failed due to the exact fault behind a recall in the UK recently but the serial number is not part of the recall program. Either way, I don't recommend these scooters anymore :/

  2. Post
    #52
    The fault, for anyone curious: a bolt fell out. Yep. 300 years of industrialisation and we haven't mastered the bolt yet.

  3. Post
    #53
    Geeze I hope you're OK -do you have pics of the damage/fault?

  4. Post
    #54
    Name:  IMG_20190729_150029.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  504.3 KB

    - - - Updated - - -

    In the physio waiting room now. Will survive just can't lift my right arm

  5. Post
    #55
    Ouch! that sucks. And here was me thinking the small wheels where the most troublesome thing on them...

  6. Post
    #56
    pablo d wrote:
    So my Xiaomi dismantled itself mid-flight the other day and I ate pavement. Ruined my gloves, pants and shoulder. I emailed pbtech head office but no reply so just gonna take it in and try and get my money back without yelling at whoever is behind the counter that day. Most concerning is that it failed due to the exact fault behind a recall in the UK recently but the serial number is not part of the recall program. Either way, I don't recommend these scooters anymore :/
    Damn! thanks for the heads up, i'll skip Xiaomi ones.

  7. Post
    #57
    Weegee wrote:
    Anyone have experience with this?
    https://scoozzi.nz/shop/inokim-ox-super/

    I kinda want one, 12km journey each way from home to work, and most of that will be on a cyclepath.

    pros: 110km range, up to 45km/h speed
    cons: 28kg weight
    Want. So much want.

  8. Post
    #58
    pablo d wrote:
    So my Xiaomi dismantled itself mid-flight the other day and I ate pavement. Ruined my gloves, pants and shoulder. I emailed pbtech head office but no reply so just gonna take it in and try and get my money back without yelling at whoever is behind the counter that day. Most concerning is that it failed due to the exact fault behind a recall in the UK recently but the serial number is not part of the recall program. Either way, I don't recommend these scooters anymore :/
    Doesn't seem 'legal' , Sounds about in the realms of needing to be reported to a govt agency. If it were bicycle and it dismantled the way you described it would need to be investigated by govt agency, i imagine the same applies for a scooter, and with the recall in UK, i think this has slipped between the gaps.

    You might need to fight your way through a couple of customer service layers with either Xiaomi directly or PB

  9. Post
    #59
    I have 3 of them in China, weirdly the older models I have seem a bit more durable.

    have this one https://scoozzi.nz/shop/dualtron-ultra/ and it was the worst quality, cost about 600usd I believe. has broke 2 or 3 times including the charging port catching on fire.

    the ones lower to the ground are much easier to control because obviously you can use your foot to pedal

  10. Post
    #60
    BattleCrap wrote:
    Doesn't seem 'legal' , Sounds about in the realms of needing to be reported to a govt agency. If it were bicycle and it dismantled the way you described it would need to be investigated by govt agency, i imagine the same applies for a scooter, and with the recall in UK, i think this has slipped between the gaps.

    You might need to fight your way through a couple of customer service layers with either Xiaomi directly or PB
    I've got my refund from pbtech but they don't seem to care about the rest of the story. Which govt agency would I contact?


  11. Post
    #62
    pablo d wrote:
    The fault, for anyone curious: a bolt fell out. Yep. 300 years of industrialisation and we haven't mastered the bolt yet.
    Did it snap or just come undone? Just wondering as I'm thinking of buying one of these and would disregard this problem if I can simply loctite it.

  12. Post
    #63
    BorgWarner wrote:
    Did it snap or just come undone? Just wondering as I'm thinking of buying one of these and would disregard this problem if I can simply loctite it.
    Fell out. Loctiting would probably do the trick. Although you'd also want to install aftermarket rubber dampener to the folding mechanism to prevent too much play developing as well. And install a protective cover for the tail light wire that runs against the wheel. And maybe ask why a consumer product requires so much modification to make it safe and durable.

  13. Post
    #64
    Yeah it does sound like a bit of a piece of crap. But is there a known issue-free scooter? Not much point avoiding the Xiaomi only to end up with a different scooter with different problems. My fears are exploding batteries and chargers...

  14. Post
    #65
    It should be better for sure.

    How does it compare price wise to other similar scooters though? All those fixes seem pretty easy if the scooter is a lot less than other options.

  15. Post
    #66
    Yeah for the price nothing else comes close.