Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

New Xbox Dashboard

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/07/...xbox-insiders/

Looks like a huge improvement. Current one has kinda sucked for a while. And needed an overhaul .

2. Post
    Looks just like PSN lol

3. Post
    That looks a bit better than the old one not that it really mattered to me.

4. Post
    As long as they sort the lag I don't care what it looks like.

5. Post
    Bout time, the current one is trash. Having the games library hidden away in a apps and games button in the dash sucked. I never touched the home screen.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks just like PSN lol
    If you cant beat 'em join 'em

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks just like PSN lol
    Looks nothing like it?

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks just like PSN lol
    Not really. I bet it runs better than PSN though.

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Probably not as the PS4 dashboard has looked this bad since PS3 so should be pretty well optimized by now!

10. Post
    Rii wrote:
    PSN runs like a dog even on a PS4 PRO, way too slow.
    Last time I had a Xbox One, it was even slower than PSN - but that was a while ago now

11. Post
    I don't care what it looks like just get rid of the ****ing lag

12. Post
    Apart from how annoying and convoluted it is to navigate at times, the other main thing I don't like about the Xbox dash compared to Playstations is the advertisements taking up real estate on my home screen. I will give them credit for how smooth it runs compared to Playstation though, even on my Pro 9 times out of 10 when I jump out of a game to go to messages or something it'll lag really bad but on Xbox it's really snappy.

13. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    Apart from how annoying and convoluted it is to navigate at times, the other main thing I don't like about the Xbox dash compared to Playstations is the advertisements taking up real estate on my home screen. I will give them credit for how smooth it runs compared to Playstation though, even on my Pro 9 times out of 10 when I jump out of a game to go to messages or something it'll lag really bad but on Xbox it's really snappy.
    Glad I'm not the only one who hates the force-fed ads. Super obnoxious feature. Can't see all my favourite games but I get to see non-stop advertising for some shit I don't want.

14. Post
    Oh look, it's the PS4 UI.

15. Post
    Looks nothing like my PS4 UI.

16. Post
    DW wrote:
    Looks nothing like my PS4 UI.
    Doesnt look anything like mine either

Also - the only ads I see on my Xbox are on the Xbox store adverting whatever games sale happens to be running at the time.

17. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:

Also - the only ads I see on my Xbox are on the Xbox store adverting whatever games sale happens to be running at the time.
    Yeah, I can't remember seeing any ads either

18. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:

zippy wrote:
    Yeah, I can't remember seeing any ads either
    Valeyard wrote:

Do you see any ads for customized controllers and game pass on that screenshot or am I seeing things?

19. Post
    They referred to advertising they have seen, not that screenshot.

20. Post
    DW wrote:
    They referred to advertising they have seen, not that screenshot.
    Just booted up my Xbox and there on my homescreen is an ad for Gears 5 preorder. Maybe people don't remember the advertising because they're so used to the advertising?

Maybe you can turn off the advertising? I've looked but can't find any option, if any of you know how please tell.

21. Post
    I thought you were meaning ads for Doritos and Mountain Dew

If you are talking about ads for buying games etc from the Marketplace then my PS4 blows my Xbox away on that front - they are huge!

22. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    I thought you were meaning ads for Doritos and Mountain Dew

If you are talking about ads for buying games etc from the Marketplace then my PS4 blows my Xbox away on that front - they are huge!
    My turn to be blind because I've never seen an ad for anything on my PS4 home screen, I just have a row of game icons and above that a row of other icons for messages, profile, settings, ps+ etc. I have seen ads in the feed of the 'What's New' icon but never anything sitting on my actual home screen.

Serious question, are you people just being irrational fanboys getting upset by me expressing a genuine and reasonable opinion on something I find a negative with Xbox? I mean I say that there are ads on the homescreen and the replies are "I've never seen an ad" then when I say about the Gears ad I get "I thought you meant other ads" and "PS4 is worse" c'mon guys, act like adults.

23. Post
    Im not upset - I guess I am just either immune to ads, assumed you were talking about non-gaming related advertising or they dont bother me as much as they do you.

I definitely have massive ads on my PS4 - not sure whether they are on my homescreen or not, I dont use it very often.

24. Post
    My dashboard on both Xbox and PS4 are clear from ads. I've never seen one on either console.

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    My dashboard on both Xbox and PS4 are clear from ads. I've never seen one on either console.
    How did you turn off the ones on Xbox?

For me when I boot up the console the icons that appear left to right on the home screen are - Resume my last game ( which is Halo Guardians), launch Gamepass, new message from Xbox Live, then the preorder ad for Gears 5 which says "featured" above it if I highlight it.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 1st August 2019 at 4:29 pm.