Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Are you a gamepass or xbl member?

2. Post
    Gamepass ultimate

3. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    Gamepass ultimate
    Right, so it's telling you that you can preorder a free game. Does that really constitute an ad? I took it as a notification, so I preordered it, so it can auto download

4. Post
    You're questioning if a link advertising a product you don't currently own is really an ad? Yes it's an ad, it's the very definition of what an ad is. It takes you to a page where you have the option to buy the game outright for real money, just because it's free to install for Gamepass subscribers doesn't change the fact that it's an advertisement.

Tell me this, if Netflix started advertising their original movies in the middle of movies you're currently watching would you consider them adverts or are they not adverts because you can watch them for no additional cost as part of your current Netflix subscription? Pretty sure you'd consider them adverts and you'd be annoyed about Netflix putting ads in the middle of their movies just like I'm annoyed by MS putting ads in the middle of my home screen.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 1st August 2019 at 8:14 pm.

5. Post
    You're questioning if a link advertising a product you don't currently own is really an ad? Yes it's an ad, it's the very definition of what an ad is. It takes you to a page where you have the option to buy the game outright for real money, just because it's free to install for Gamepass subscribers doesn't change the fact that it's an advertisement.

Tell me this, if Netflix started advertising their original movies in the middle of movies you're currently watching would you consider them adverts or are they not adverts because you can watch them for no additional cost as part of your current Netflix subscription? Pretty sure you'd consider them adverts and you'd be annoyed about Netflix putting ads in the middle of their movies just like I'm annoyed by MS putting ads in the middle of my home screen.
    Lol, whatevs. I have no idea why you're so worked up. To me, saying 'hey, you can install this game that you're entitled to' isn't something to be mad about.

6. Post
    Why so worked up? It's more frustration really because I have an opinion and make a single comment that I find adverts on my Xbox homescreen annoying (referring to the screenshot at the beginning of this thread with tiles advertising Gamepass subscriptions and customized controllers) and the replies are "there is no advertising", "I've never seen any advertising", then when I point out the ads in the screenshot I get "they weren't talking about the screenshot but their own consoles" so then when I mention the ad for Gears 5 on my home Xbox's home screen I get "PS4 is worse", "I thought you were talking about other advertising like fast food" and then to top it all off I'm told that the thing advertising the game isn't really an advert, fanboy logic 101 right there. I swear you could have a more intelligent conversation with a bunch of hungry and tired toddlers than you can with Xbox fanboys.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 1st August 2019 at 9:28 pm.

7. Post
    Why so worked up? It's more frustration really because I have an opinion and make a single comment that I find adverts on my Xbox homescreen annoying (referring to the screenshot at the beginning of this thread with tiles advertising Gamepass subscriptions and customized controllers) and the replies are "there is no advertising", "I've never seen any advertising", then when I point out the ads in the screenshot I get "they weren't talking about the screenshot but their own consoles" so then when I mention the ad for Gears 5 on my home Xbox's home screen I get "PS4 is worse", "I thought you were talking about other advertising like fast food" and then to top it all off I'm told that the thing advertising the game isn't really an advert, fanboy logic 101 right there. I swear you could have a more intelligent conversation with a bunch of hungry and tired toddlers than you can with Xbox fanboys.
    Settle down bro

Checked last night and I only have the small gears ad on the RHS of my home screen - never noticed it before.

8. Yelling
    It's not like every netflix show you watch doesn't have a big fat netflix logo in the intro and the name of every single production studio and distributor in the intro as well. Oh and how much drivel do you end up seeing while to scroll for something you actually want to watch wasting actual minutes? But you know ermergered non invasive homescreen advertising. I have never seen anyone kick up such a fuss about something so tiny and negligible, hate to see the full rage induced from having to watch 5 seconds of advertising before being able to skip on youtube.
    Oh noo there's a single 2x2cm notification i never have to click on or read... bruh. Damn these people for trying to make games and run a business Raaaa Raaa Raaaaaa.

Seems like everything in a nut shell no?

9. Post
    Pubcrawl wrote:
    It's not like every netflix show you watch doesn't have a big fat netflix logo in the intro and the name of every single production studio and distributor in the intro as well. Oh and how much drivel do you end up seeing while to scroll for something you actually want to watch wasting actual minutes? But you know ermergered non invasive homescreen advertising. I have never seen anyone kick up such a fuss about something so tiny and negligible, hate to see the full rage induced from having to watch 5 seconds of advertising before being able to skip on youtube.
    Oh noo there's a single 2x2cm notification i never have to click on or read... bruh. Damn these people for trying to make games and run a business Raaaa Raaa Raaaaaa.

Seems like everything in a nut shell no?
    Whatever, my opinion is that I don't like the advertising (currently NBA preorder) taking up space on my homescreen and I don't really care what you think because you're no one to me.

10. Post
    Whatever, my opinion is that I don't like the advertising (currently NBA preorder) taking up space on my homescreen and I don't really care what you think because you're no one to me.
    Ha, good one. You do care because you kicked up such a fuss for absolutely no real reason. By your own logic if you look at it from a golden rule perspective no one cares what you're saying, because if I'm no one, then you are a no one.
    Well done you reached peak malarkey.

The reality is you want your opinion to matter above how a consensus of people think. It's not advertising, it's literally the product you purchased notifying you of what is becoming available in the platform as part of the service you signed up for, agreed to a terms of service for, and is not unsolicited. There's no obligation to click or even look at anything, there's no purchase price offering, there is no product description at all. It's literally a 2x2cm tile that you never ever even have to look at. An opinion isn't entitlement like you seem to believe, opinion is open to being disproved and heard in discussion. What you want is validation and you won't find it from something so daft.

11. Post
    ludez wrote:
    My dashboard on both Xbox and PS4 are clear from ads. I've never seen one on either console.
    I am facing bundle of ads on my XBOX. They are really annoying. Please share your experience that how you get rid of the ads on xbox. Thank you