Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

I'm pretty sure one of you kents did this...

Porirua's old logo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1565071650943.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	226939

Porirua's new $98000 logo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1565071650943.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	226940

It looks like some of the MS Paint jobs I've seen posted around here.

I shit you not:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...brand-makeover

2. Post
    Hahaha that's awesome

3. Post
    Just another day in the world

Shoulda just used one of the local kids drawings

4. Post
    $98k? What a rip. I could have done it for $95k

5. Post

6. Post
    To be honest, 100K is pretty cheap.

What I'm really impressed is how the firm would have explained this concept to a room of people council staff.

7. Post
    More misleading crap from the Taxpayers Union. Far more would have been spent around the country answering their numerous OIA requests.

8. Post
    haha wtf

9. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    More misleading crap from the Taxpayers Union. Far more would have been spent around the country answering their numerous OIA requests.
    Thats fair enough too considering the value for money on this "quality" re-brand.

10. Post
    Don't get me wrong- I think the logo and the Taxpayers Union are both shit.

11. Post
    Dont forget the ****wit council who approved it.

12. Post
    You've seriously got to be concerned about our future when you see something like this

13. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    Just another day in the world

Shoulda just used one of the local kids drawings
    i grew up in whitby. this was probably a discovery school kids' design.

14. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Luckily, Porirua has one of the highest average incomes per capita in NZ, so the ratepayers won’t even notice.

15. Post
    i guess someone needed his council mate to stump up for some P money

16. Post
    I'm sure there would have been intense research on the exact shade of green and how far apart the eyes should be.

But if anyone had actually read the article:
    But, he said the TaxPayers' Union claims were misleading - the logo made up $875 of the rebrand budget.
    I mean that's probably still too much but by contrast it now seems reasonable...

17. Post
    oh the taxypayer's union lied? that's crazy.

18. Post
    I could've come up with a better design for half a box of Billy Mavericks after spewing up from drinking too many Billy Mavericks.

19. Post
    brand wrote:
    I'm sure there would have been intense research on the exact shade of green and how far apart the eyes should be.

But if anyone had actually read the article:

I mean that's probably still too much but by contrast it now seems reasonable...
    Yea I thought that was pretty funny. The 98k was the total rebrand cost, not just the smiley face.

Fake news man, fake news.

20. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Yea I thought that was pretty funny. The 98k was the total rebrand cost, not just the smiley face.

Fake news man, fake news.
    They also mention this, though:
    While the cost of the exercise was more than just the smiley face, he said the commercial and residential community should know more about the value of its $30,000 strategic plan which began in 2017.
    Seems they're a bit overbudget.

21. Post
    The real culript is Stuff, the headline is ridic misleading, irresponsible journalism. They could of at least put a subheading, or within the first paragraph state that the smilie was $900. It's the type of article most people would skim read as it isn't that important of a story in general.

22. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Luckily, Porirua has one of the highest average incomes per capita in NZ, so the ratepayers won’t even notice.

Probably because it has a high percentage of those on the poverty line, and now moderately high income earners are priced out of Wellington and moving in.

23. Post
    Sorry man, it was sarcasm, guess I used the wrong smiley.

It’s a well known low income area and it’s ****ing appallingly bad that the council would waste this sort of money on a rebrand.

24. Post
    All that's missing is using Comic Sans as the Porirua typeface...

25. Post
    My shit literally looks better than that and it only cost $15.60