Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

2. Post
    Scary, I wonder how this will end

3. Post
    It's hard to keep tabs on the major upheavals happening at the moment. The USA sucks all the air out of the room but Brexit, Hong Kong and Kashmir are all ****ing huge. I miss when shit was quiet.

4. Post
    Name:  6tcarmtiwwf31.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  82.6 KB

5. Post
    frio wrote:
    It's hard to keep tabs on the major upheavals happening at the moment. The USA sucks all the air out of the room but Brexit, Hong Kong and Kashmir are all ****ing huge. I miss when shit was quiet.
    Good place to keep an eye on Hong Kong
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/

6. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    I wonder how this will end
    Certainly not with a "free" (or democratic) Hong Kong.

7. Post
    Just seen that all flights have been cancelled in/out of HK for the rest of the day

8. Post
    I mean yeah, why would you risk going there.

9. Post
    they will wait until something else distracts the world and then the troops will move in.

or wait until November comes, ( the monsoon season , and that will disperse most of the crowd into manageable chunks and then quietly begin the purge ...i mean pacification )

10. Post
    I assume its going to be increased "policing" and detentions, eventually augmented by the military. Then either the people are cowed and disperse, or the protests ramp up in numbers and/or violence. Repeat.

Likely a few iterations away from live ammunition used on the streets.

Really don't understand the end-game for the protesters. Hong Kong is China, and there is just no imaginable way that China gives this "special administrative region" anything close to "free Hong Kong" or "Democracy", and the person in charge is largely meaningless.

Not sure how long it takes for the financial damage of this to the "normal" people for sentiment to return back to base practicalities.

11. Post
    Video taken in Shenzhen just across the boarder with HongKong

https://i.imgur.com/huW1fUJ.gifv

Edit second video showing the same thing
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1160956530352631808
    Last edited by SL1CKSTA; 13th August 2019 at 3:16 pm.

12. Post
    What sparked this in the first place was a guy from HK who traveled to Taiwan with his girlfriend then killed her there because he thought she was pregnant by another man, he returned to HK but can't be prosecuted for murder because Taiwan does not have an extradition agreement with HK. So the only thing they could get him on was fraudulently withdrawing money from his dead girlfriends bank account and hes set to walk free in October.

13. Post
    frio wrote:
    Kashmir has the potential to cause utter devastation, the fact that these days India can mobilize and move troops so much faster means if or more likely when there is a terror attack they won't get talked out of attacking Pakistan...

14. Post
    **** China.

15. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    What sparked this in the first place was a guy from HK who traveled to Taiwan with his girlfriend then killed her there because he thought she was pregnant by another man, he returned to HK but can't be prosecuted for murder because Taiwan does not have an extradition agreement with HK. So the only thing they could get him on was fraudulently withdrawing money from his dead girlfriends bank account and hes set to walk free in October.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is "What does this have to do with China?"

The funny thing is an extradition treaty with Taiwan would probably be acceptable to Hong Kong. Not that that could ever be a talking point.

16. Post
    it's spoilt kids on holiday imo, most of the people I meet are over them and don't believe they even know what they are doing now.

1. They aren't helping anyone and are just ****ing up Hong Kong citizens from getting on with their day.

2. the arguable 'police brutality' was brought on themselves, the amount of warnings protesters get before police will fire tear gas etc.. there's 3 different signs held up warning protesters what will happen if they don't disperse from illegally gathering

3. The bill has been withdrawn for the time being

they allowed the narrative to become an anti-china nationalism movement, rather than a pro chinese independence/ freedom movement.. if they had done it right they could have had millions of supporters from China instead they chose to alienate and cause havoc on the very citizens they are supposed to be fighting for.

The majority of HK citizens are not in support of what they are doing now

I blame the parents

17. Post
    Well said Timmi and Necriss. there is 2 sides to the story and our racist media chose the **** China story to report on, which is typical for a closet racist country like NZ.

18. Post
    Hong Kong citizens have nothing to worry about. Tibetans and Uighurs are fine today

Why shouldnt NZ media call a spade a spade? Tell me you lot arnt cheering on Chinese military bases in the South Pacific too?

19. Post
    Flying there Monday (transit flight).... not sure if I should try and reroute flights or not.

20. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    The elephant in the room, of course, is "What does this have to do with China?"

The funny thing is an extradition treaty with Taiwan would probably be acceptable to Hong Kong. Not that that could ever be a talking point.
    aye, full read up on this

https://thediplomat.com/2019/06/hong...ignty-dilemma/

note we, NZ have a extradition treaty with China ( tho apparently not fully ratified ? )

21. Post
    Im transfering in HK next week... What do i do?

22. Post
    Take a camera and an sdcard suppository.

23. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    Im transfering in HK next week... What do i do?
    Spend the time between now and next week thinking up catchy slogans and things to chant.

Maybe make a couple signs in advance.

24. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Spend the time between now and next week thinking up catchy slogans and things to chant.

Maybe make a couple signs in advance.
    Nah bro, what a waste of time?

I meant what the **** do I do if my flight gets cancelled.

25. Post
    If you are that concerned, organise different flights. I'd just YOLO it and not worry. Airport is open now isn't it?