Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    N30 wrote:
    hijacking thread: can see contractor fixing up fibre right outside my property. on chorus site said will be ready in dec 2019 but spoken to one of them that it will be ready by 2 weeks? itis possible to get fibre early? or have to wait till end of the year?
    once the fibre has been laid by other contractors, chorus come in and test the various test points/junctions along the street. Once they give it the all clear, ISP's are notified its good to go. So assuming they don't find any faults during their testing, you should be ready well before December. I was counting down the days, so every day, I'd check about 4 different IPS sites doing the address checker. One day, about 3/4 ISP's said fibre was ready, so that was the day I requested it.

2. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    once the fibre has been laid by other contractors, chorus come in and test the various test points/junctions along the street. Once they give it the all clear, ISP's are notified its good to go. So assuming they don't find any faults during their testing, you should be ready well before December. I was counting down the days, so every day, I'd check about 4 different IPS sites doing the address checker. One day, about 3/4 ISP's said fibre was ready, so that was the day I requested it.
    ah i see, how early did you get it connected than chorus eta? which ISP do you used address checker?

3. Post
    They all have the checkers, just try a few ISP's as mentioned.

4. Post
    Why bother all the different ISP checkers. They all use the database in the checker from Chorus.co.nz
    When I was younger t0mby used to take me to school...

IN STREET FIGHTER 2!

5. Post
    Not all, just a few. Previous post shows that they don't always have the same answer. Could be an anomaly but if I was waiting for fibre i'd not find checking a few a big deal. YMMV.