1. Post

Top 5 Anime of all time!!

Was just wondering what everyones top 5 animes of all time are. I only really got into anime 2 years ago but I think I've seen most of the "must watch" ones. Just to make it easier since there's so many animes out the list is only for those ones that have been completed & no longer in production (otherwise Jojo's Bizarre Adventure would've been on my list).

Here's my list. Probably pretty generic but I'm still a noob so wateva lol

1) Hunter X Hunter
    2)Bleach
    3)FMA: Brotherhood
    4) Death Note
    5)Berserk (original)

Honourable mentions:
    Code Geass
    Steins Gate
    DBZ - call it "anime for casuals" but its still the most popular anime of all time & the first anime I ever watched when it first came out. I absolutely loved this show even though it was lacking storywise compared to other animes and the fights were so dragged out lol. Still watching DB today with DB Super.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 23rd August 2019 at 6:01 pm.

2. Post
    Not a big Anime watcher but I would say something maybe like-
    1, Macross Saga/Robotech
    2, Dragonball Z
    3, Black Lagoon
    4, Psycho Pass
    5, FMA: Brotherhood

Hard not to put Cowboy Bebop, Seven Deadly Sins, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Girls und Panzer or Gundam Wing on there.

3. Post
    Rumor wrote:
    Not a big Anime watcher but I would say something maybe like-
    1, Macross Saga/Robotech
    2, Dragonball Z
    3, Black Lagoon
    4, Psycho Pass
    5, FMA: Brotherhood

Hard not to put Cowboy Bebop, Seven Deadly Sins, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Girls und Panzer or Gundam Wing on there.
    Yeah Cowboy Bebop, AoT & Black Lagoon were awesome too. AoT is still ongoing or else it might've made my list as well.

It was hard for me not to put DBZ up there as well since thats the first anime I ever watched 20 odd years ago. I totally love DB & I still watch it to this day but I think its a bit too casual & lacking in story to be in my top 5 though. I should add it to my honourable mentions though.

4. Post
    I'll keep an eye on this thread as I've just hit the end of all of the ones I'm watching so need something new, rewatching Space Dandy.

I don't have a top 5 but would throw Spice & Wolf, Natsume Yuujinchou and Overlord in the mix among the already mentioned AoT and Cowboy Bebop.

I found One Piece, One Punch Man, Hataraku Maou-Sama, Space Dandy, NGE, Nana and That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime excellent but I probably wouldn't say they were greatest of all time material.

5. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    I'll keep an eye on this thread as I've just hit the end of all of the ones I'm watching so need something new, rewatching Space Dandy.

I don't have a top 5 but would throw Spice & Wolf, Natsume Yuujinchou and Overlord in the mix among the already mentioned AoT and Cowboy Bebop.

I found One Piece, One Punch Man, Hataraku Maou-Sama, Space Dandy, NGE, Nana and That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime excellent but I probably wouldn't say they were greatest of all time material.
    I really want to get into One Piece but at ~900 episodes so far its so daunting lol. One Punch Man & Overlord are awesome too although the latest seasons of both were a bit disappointing. My Hero Academia is up there as well & I'm really looking forward to the next season.

6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I really want to get into One Piece but at ~900 episodes so far its so daunting lol. One Punch Man & Overlord are awesome too although the latest seasons of both were a bit disappointing. My Hero Academia is up there as well & I'm really looking forward to the next season.
    I enjoyed the third season of Overlord, he's progressively losing his humanity and his original self and becoming more like he was envisioned by his subordinates. An all powerful lich who sees humans as weak tools to be manipulated for world domination.

First season he was worried there were other powerful beings so took it slow and got his bearings. Second season he had his confidence rattled but still pushed forth minimising human damage and pretended to kill people. Third season he tried out actually killing people with the tomb raiders and saw them as prey (dismantling that wizard girl for parts), then really got into it and decided world domination is actually his bag and flattened a hundred thousand of them without a care.

I'm expecting next seasons will be him taking over most of the world as a benevolent ruler, then becoming a despot when they rise up simply because he's a monster, not because he's a bad ruler.

7. Post
    Where's all the anime fans at lol?

8. Post
    I'm a big fanboy of Attack on Titan. I've got a Eren Yeager figurine (scored it for 20 bucks us from Amazon) got 2 jackets (one of them is a Golden day jacket with Survey corps symbol on it saying dedicate your heart! and the other is a big as fluffy one lol) But since it's still running I can't really list it.

1.Bleach - Favourite long running anime series (sure it has a lot of filler episodes but it has some of the coolest fight scenes)
    2. Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans - One of my favourite Gundam tv series yet Season 2 wasn't that hot but still watchable.
    3. Eureka Seven - One of my favourite mecha series. Surfing robots and a love story to boot
    4. Ghost In The Shell: Standalone complex - One of my favourite Production I.G tv shows.
    5. Blue Exorcist - Last half changes it up from the manga but still an addictive show to watch.

9. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'm a big fanboy of Attack on Titan. I've got a Eren Yeager figurine (scored it for 20 bucks us from Amazon) got 2 jackets (one of them is a Golden day jacket with Survey corps symbol on it saying dedicate your heart! and the other is a big as fluffy one lol) But since it's still running I can't really list it.

1.Bleach - Favourite long running anime series (sure it has a lot of filler episodes but it has some of the coolest fight scenes)
    2. Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans - One of my favourite Gundam tv series yet Season 2 wasn't that hot but still watchable.
    3. Eureka Seven - One of my favourite mecha series. Surfing robots and a love story to boot
    4. Ghost In The Shell: Standalone complex - One of my favourite Production I.G tv shows.
    5. Blue Exorcist - Last half changes it up from the manga but still an addictive show to watch.
    Yeah season one of AoT is probably my favourite season of any anime I've seen. Was so intense. I want to check out Ghost in the Shell at some point as well.

10. Post
    Can't really list my favourites as most are still running, but of those that have finished:

1) Steins;Gate
    2) Monogatari series
    3) A place further than the universe
    4) Code Geass
    5) FMA: Brotherhood

And below are anime that haven't finished yet, but I think could displace any of the anime in my top 5 once they conclude:
    Attack on Titan
    March comes in like a Lion
    Mob Psycho 100
    Made in Abyss
    Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

11. Post
    do we count single stand alone movies? if so

1. One Punch Man Season 1
    2. Berserk : Gold Age Arc
    3. Samurai Champloo
    4. Ninja Scroll Series
    5. Cowboy Bebop

top 1 stand alone for me.
    1. Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust
    2. Sword of the Stranger
    3. Spriggan
    4. Akira
    5. Ninja Scroll
    6. Princess Mononoke
    7. The Wind Rises.

12. Post
    Salmon Salami wrote:
    Can't really list my favourites as most are still running, but of those that have finished:

1) Steins;Gate
    2) Monogatari series
    3) A place further than the universe
    4) Code Geass
    5) FMA: Brotherhood

And below are anime that haven't finished yet, but I think could displace any of the anime in my top 5 once they conclude:
    Attack on Titan
    March comes in like a Lion
    Mob Psycho 100
    Made in Abyss
    Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)
    yeah I'm 12 eps into Demon Slayer and loving it. Planning to watch Mob Psycho 100 at some point too. Here's my top 5 ongoing/yet to be concluded anime shows:

1)Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - a new season has yet to be announced but seems pretty likely.
    2)Attack on Titan
    3)Demon Slayer
    4)My Hero Academia
    5)Overlord

Honourable mentions:

One Punch Man -would've been top 5 but S2 was disappointing.
    Dororo (if theres actually another season)
    Baki - yes it's nothing but OTT mindless violence but the fights are so enjoyable.

Bloody wrote:
    do we count single stand alone movies? if so

1. One Punch Man Season 1
    2. Berserk : Gold Age Arc
    3. Samurai Champloo
    4. Ninja Scroll Series
    5. Cowboy Bebop

top 1 stand alone for me.
    1. Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust
    2. Sword of the Stranger
    3. Spriggan
    4. Akira
    5. Ninja Scroll
    6. Princess Mononoke
    7. The Wind Rises.
    All good. Ninja Scroll & Akira are definite classics. Had no idea there was a Ninja Scroll series. Samurai Champloo was pretty sweet too but not really near the top of my list. I only saw Cowboy Bebop last year. It was really good but the animation was just too dated so that hampered my enjoyment of it a bit. If I had seen it when it originally came out I wouldve liked it alot more. I really need to see Berserk : Gold Age Arc since I've only seen the original season.

13. Post
    Hunter X Hunter
    Slamdunk
    Naruto
    Pushigiyugi
    and more haha I love anime

14. Post
    Mine is;

Slam Dunk
    Fushigi Yugi
    Prince of Tennis
    Law of Ueki
    Fairy Tail

Though I'd have to say that Slam Dunk is my all time favourite. I even own a custom bag with Sakuragi's picture on it

15. Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Berserk
    Elfen Lied
    Spriggan
    Ninja Scroll

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Berserk
    Elfen Lied
    Spriggan
    Ninja Scroll
    I totally forgot about NGE lol

17. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I totally forgot about NGE lol
    Dude!

18. Post
    1: Shinsekai Yori
    2: Elfen Lied
    3: Samurai Champloo
    4: Steins;Gate
    5: Kenichi: Mightiest Disciple!
    Last edited by Osiry; 22nd September 2019 at 8:40 am.

19. Post
    Shin sekai yori
    Ping pong the animation
    Hyouka
    FMA: BH
    Monogatari

20. Post
    Hard to choose 5..

Berserk
    Vision of Escaflowne
    The Twelve Kingdoms
    The Secret of Blue Water
    Hard to name a 5th so many.. I'll just name a few, Demon Slayer, Gasaraki, Hajime no Ippo, Eden of the East, Noein, Initial D, in more..

Afi wrote:
    Mine is;

Slam Dunk
    Fushigi Yugi
    Prince of Tennis
    Law of Ueki
    Fairy Tail

Though I'd have to say that Slam Dunk is my all time favourite. I even own a custom bag with Sakuragi's picture on it
    Glad someone else also enjoyed Fushigi Yugi

21. Post
    I'm pretty mainstream lol

Deathnote
    Code Geass
    One Piece
    One Punch
    Bleach