1. Post
    Japan scores again! L'EGOOOOOOO

2. Post
    Fukuoka is playing like he is sick of hearing how awesome Matsushima is.

3. Post
    Scottish number 7 needs to piss off.
    Several times doing dirty stuff off the ball.

4. Post
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Scottish number 7 needs to piss off.
    Several times doing dirty stuff off the ball.
    I think he's just fairly salty atm. I would be too if JPN was beating me :/, Scotland are suppose to be the favorites hahaha.

5. Post
    See YA SCOTLAND!

Go home shit ****s, ADIOS!

6. Post
    Scotland are going to take legal action for letting the game go ahead now

7. Post
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  5.7 KB
    QUARTER-FINALS :

Sat 19th Oct :
    ENGLAND v AUSSIE {Oita} - 8.15pm
    ABs v IRELAND {Tokyo} - 11.15pm

Sun 20th Oct :
    WALES v FRANCE {Oita} - 8.15pm
    JAPAN v BOKs {Tokyo} - 11.15pm

8. Post
    Sky Television has struck a deal to keep the rights to show Super Rugby and All Blacks matches until 2025, with NZ Rugby taking a 5 per cent stake in Sky as part of the arrangement.

Sky's shares jumped 22 per cent to $1.09 within minutes of trading opening on the NZX as investors expressed their relief.

The agreement extends Sky's coverage all Investec Rugby Championship, Steinlager Series, Investec Super Rugby, Mitre 10 Cup and all New Zealand's other domestic competitions until 2025.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/116...ghts-for-rugby

So going to need to have two subscriptions now if you are a rugby and cricket fan - if you want to watch them legally. Hopefully they make the price of Sky Sport Now more competitive.

9. Post
    Meh you just get Spark for the cricket season and then swap over to Sky for the rugby season and overseas cricket tours.

I'm really not sure how Sky can afford $400M when they keep bleeding subscribers. I have a feeling that Rugby Pass prices are going to have to go up to compensate or AB test are going PPV or something.

10. Post
    Lol suck it Scotland you ****ing moaning ****s.

11. Post
    bahahahaah EAD Scotland you moaning ****s.

12. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/116...ghts-for-rugby

So going to need to have two subscriptions now if you are a rugby and cricket fan - if you want to watch them legally. Hopefully they make the price of Sky Sport Now more competitive.
    I wouldn't worry too much, unless Sky make some HUGE changes fast, they won't be around come 2025.z

13. Post
    I'll give their new CEO some credit, he is trying his best to stear them away from the collision course with an iceberg that Fellet put them on - I have no problem with their sports product, just their pricing. And he has already made some improvement in that respect (to their online offering).

Definitely don't want to swap a Sky monopoly for a Spark one either.
    brand wrote:
    Meh you just get Spark for the cricket season and then swap over to Sky for the rugby season and overseas cricket tours.
    Problem is those overlap each other.

14. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    I wouldn't worry too much, unless Sky make some HUGE changes fast, they won't be around come 2025.z
    they are indeed making huge changes fast tho

15. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    As others have pointed out they already making huge changes, it will just take awhile for the public sentiment to change.

The public hate sky atm but I've been hugely impressed by the changes they've made under the new CEO. SkyGo is 100x better than it used to be and the dedicated sports channels are awesome. Watched a few games of the PNC earlier in the year as well as some of the NH warm up games. You used to have to buy that shitty rugby channel to watch games like that and even then they only had some of the games.

The dedicated spider cam channel for the 2nd bledisloe test was mint. Innovative shit like that shows they are thinking outside the box. No doubt they will roll out some new content for super rugby next year.

Also NZRU now own 5% of sky, I really doubt they'd have made that part of the deal if they thought sky weren't going to be around in 5 years.

16. Post
    shadowguy wrote:
    Also NZRU now own 5% of sky, I really doubt they'd have made that part of the deal if they thought sky weren't going to be around in 5 years.
    I suspect the shares were because Sky couldn't afford to pay any more cash. I doubt NZRU have any interest in Sky shares -expect them to sell as soon as they are allowed.

NZRU simply took the best offer. Hopefully that involves cash up front.

17. Post
    brand wrote:
    I suspect the shares were because Sky couldn't afford to pay any more cash. I doubt NZRU have any interest in Sky shares -expect them to sell as soon as they are allowed.

NZRU simply took the best offer. Hopefully that involves cash up front.
    It was the only offer so NZRU are obviously pretty happy with Sky.

"Sky, as the incumbent, had an exclusive negotiating period with NZ Rugby and Sanzaar - and the deal announced this morning was wrapped up without any formal approach to Spark (although it's understood Spark had informally expressed its interest, should negotiations widen)."

18. Post
    Agree with Shadow - Sky is much better now in terms of their products and services. Just a shame they lost the cricket as I only really care about rugby and cricket (and some NBA).

I do have an issue with Sky coverage of sports however, particularly rugby in that they aren't critical enough - too much promotion / cheerleading not enough critical analysis of rugby in NZ (not just tactics, but the players / the way the game is run etc etc).

With them having a share now no way that will change.

19. Post
    What are Japans chances against the Boks?
    Low, right?

20. Post
    Jeez can the northern hemisphere teams be any more whiney?

21. Post
    signman wrote:
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  5.7 KB
    QUARTER-FINALS :

Sat 19th Oct :
    ENGLAND v AUSSIE {Oita} - 8.15pm
    ABs v IRELAND {Tokyo} - 11.15pm

Sun 20th Oct :
    WALES v FRANCE {Oita} - 8.15pm
    JAPAN v BOKs {Tokyo} - 11.15pm
    I will be mostly listening to the games on the radio and logged in here to chat online. Quite looking forward to it as rugby over the radio can be quit exhillerating with a good commentator. Will be my first time hearing a rugby match in over thirty years.

Had to cancel Spark.

Will see the England match live though as a mate has Spark.

22. Post
    I've only watched the abs game and half of the aus games. It really just hasn't appealed to me much especially with all the cards handed out

23. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Jeez can the northern hemisphere teams be any more whiney?
    Yes

24. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Had to cancel Spark.
    It is on an hour delayed on TVNZ and our games after that will be live on there.

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I've only watched the abs game and half of the aus games. It really just hasn't appealed to me much especially with all the cards handed out
    Been a fantastic world cup brah - you're missing out