1. Post
    lol, classic

Name:  19948004-7592919-image-a-1_1571551035301.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  43.2 KB

2. Post
    I saw that on the night, surprised they didn't at least promote one of their own beers.

3. Post
    Haha that's classic from Guinness.

Don't know about you guys, but I was pretty nervous going into the quarter final. There's something about the World Cup that makes it more stressful. Even an important bledisloe game doesn't bother me, I always feel like the AB's will pull through. The world cup is so final though. Lose and you're gone and I reckon any team left in the comp can beat us on their day. Will be very nervous again in the semi.

4. Post
    So who is reffing the semis? Which refs performed the best over the weekend?

5. Post
    It's always going to be pretty stressful in these knockout do or die games, basically about the best team on the day... still very confident we will beat the pedantic Poms, especially if we play like we did against Ireland, get stuck into them from the start & play smart rugby, a variation of accurate kicking behind them is going to be absolutely vital to help break down these very flat ****in' offside defences for the rest of this tournament, ABs did that superbly in the quarters.

I'm more worried about the poor officiating with all the yellow & red cards they're dishing out like lollies than the Poms

Looking very much like an ABs/BOKs final.
    Last edited by signman; 21st October 2019 at 8:56 pm.

6. Post
    signman wrote:
    It's always going to be pretty stressful in these knockout do or die games, basically about the best team on the day... still very confident we will beat the pedantic Poms, especially if we play like we did against Ireland, get stuck into them from the start & play smart rugby, a variation of accurate kicking behind them is going to be absolutely vital to help break down these very flat ****in' offside defences for the rest of this tournament, ABs did that superbly in the quarters.

I'm more worried about the poor officiating with all the yellow & red cards they're dishing out like lollies than the Poms

Looking very much like an ABs/BOKs final.
    ABs v Wales my man

7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    ABs v Wales my man
    Can't see Wales getting past SA with how impotent their attack was against a 14 man French side. I guess stranger things have happened in world cups though.

8. Post
    Gatland would have reamed those guys out after that game.

9. Post
    Any team that is going up against AB's is going to get a hiding.

But... looking forward to this weeks semi - it's going to be crazy.

10. Post
    should be 3 weeks for Mapimpi going by World Rugbys standards.

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    ABs v Wales my man
    Wales were not very impressive, they wouldn't have won the game if the French hadn't been down to 14 men with 30 odd minutes to go & the ref tended to give Wales the rub of the green, also why did the Welsh player only get yellow carded when he should've obviously got red ?

12. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    should be 3 weeks for Mapimpi going by World Rugbys standards.
    Yeah very poor, as usual there's no consistency.

13. Post
    Should the spear tackle at the start have been a red rather than yellow, going by the standard of red cards earlier in the tournament?

14. Post
    cant see Wales getting past SA. ABs vs POMs will be closer.

15. Post
    Think our (England) defence will be better than Ireland so the margin will be a bit closer but don't think we have much chance of winning. Goalkicking is probably the only area where we have a slight edge so our only chance is probably a scrappy game in terrible weather coming down to penalty kicks.

16. Post
    Disagree, I think England have the ability to match the ABs pretty much across the park. Still reckon the ABs are a better side, but only sneak it. When England have been at full strength this last 18 months they've been pretty unstoppable. Their worst weakness was their back row, which only in the last year has come of age.

Reckon the ABs are deserved favourites but think it could easily go either way.

17. Post
    Looks like we Owens again this week.

18. Post
    Sweet, that is good for us. Glad they didn't handicap us with a French ref like the pool stages.

19. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    Disagree, I think England have the ability to match the ABs pretty much across the park. Still reckon the ABs are a better side, but only sneak it. When England have been at full strength this last 18 months they've been pretty unstoppable. Their worst weakness was their back row, which only in the last year has come of age.

Reckon the ABs are deserved favourites but think it could easily go either way.
    Yeah not counting England out after watching them play the Wallabies last weekend. They looked imposing and played with ambition. Looked hungry and eager af.

AB's are the clear favorites going in but England is going to make them work for it, its not going to be an easy task but AB's has a lot of tricks under their sleeves and will pull off something like they usually do.

A Moving Force vs. Immovable object.

20. Post
    All Blacks vs England 9pm Saturday

Wales vs South Africa 7pm Sunday

Both games I understand live in tv1 with no delay

21. Post
    I think the ABs always look good because of their history, because of what's gone before, because of the last 11 years or so as undisputed best in the world. England have been building under Jones, they've had a brilliant run, then they had a run of 6 losses on the bounce which was useful to expose some of the weaknesses they had, mainly in the loose trio with Robshaw, Haskell, Hughes not having the onions to play the way needed to work with their game plan.

The last 18 months they've bedded down their midfield, with Slade, Tuilagi and Joseph all really stepping into some defined roles in the team. Their talent in the back three has been honed with May in particular really advancing his game beyond "fast bloke who can score tries". Watson has become a more complete player since the Lions tour too and has a better ability to beat defenders, Jack Nowell (although he might not be fit this weekend) is an unsung hero who's really stepped up and become world class. He's just got such strengthh and a massive workrate and versatility... he reminds me of Zac Guildford when he was at his very best, but without the alcoholism and metal issues.

If England have weaknesses it's with Daly at Fullback where he's known to get himself tied in knots in defence and he's not as solid as Watson or Mike Brown under the high ball. He's an Excellent support runner and great with the ball in hand and is also there for his siege-gun kicking ability.

I reckon man for man it's pretty 50/50 between the two teams. I think NZ have the better back three, I think England have the better midfield, NZ have the better halves, England have the better back row, Second rows are line-ball, perhaps NZ edge it with Retallick at his best, England having an edge in the front row. Benches? Perhaps England's is slightly stronger?

Where the ABs will have the edge is in the big-game occasion. They know how good their skills and gameplan is, so they just need to concentrate on being mentally tough enough to deal with whatever comes at them. England know they have a mountain to climb to turn around the historical deficit, which is a motivator, but also a weight on the mind.

I actually don't think it will be close, because I think whatever team wins it will do it by panicking the opposition into mistakes, so I'm picking a margin of 12-14.... but I think it's basically a coin-toss to figure out which team is on the winning and losing end of that scoreline.

22. Post
    imho much of the game will come down to how offsides are policed.

23. Post
    I'm nervous. It could come down to a dodgy call or a lucky bounce.

24. Post
    We have two French AR's and Marius Plonker as TMO - hopefully Owens doesn't have to refer anything...

25. Post
    Well imagine if the irish game was a close thing with tackle hold-backs that were never called.