1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

3. Post

Such a non-issue. Grats to CDPR for making this decision, I mean it is a game with trans-humanism as a core theme.

4. Post
    Doesn't really concern me as I will play through twice with both genders.

5. Post
    Can't wait to see how people will still have a problem with this somehow

6. Post
    attack helicopter anymore?

7. Post
    If they had framed it as you have the freedom to mix n match rather then "removing" from the outset think it might have played better, I'm still keen to channel the spirit of a misused nutri ninja.

8. Post
    Nothing has changed really. They just changed "male" to "male looking" and so on. Sure, you can gender bend the voices but many games have allowed that in the past.

9. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    If they had framed it as you have the freedom to mix n match rather then "removing" from the outset think it might have played better, I'm still keen to channel the spirit of a misused nutri ninja.
    This. Seems designed to spark a polygon article dedicated to scraping twitter for angry tweets so they can talk about just how toxic all the white male gamers are all over again .
    Didn't Sims have the same ability to choose any voice with any body type like, ages ago?

10. Post
    Nothing more than pandering - i don't see why genders have to be removed to explore trans-humanism. We all know the real reason they did this. Either way, it won't stop me from being excited about the game or buying it!

11. Post
    Infuriation wrote:
    We all know the real reason they did this.
    There's no hidden agenda, it's all right there on the table. They're wanting to be more inclusive to potential customers.

12. Post
    They're trying to forestall the perpetually offended but it will never be enough

13. Post
    I thought the big problem was trying to voice thousands of lines of dialogue but not use either sex in the speech. Some companies have said doubling the number of lines just to have he/she options is a massive amount of time, resource and cost.