HTTP error 503

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    2500+ users online this morning. Whatever Egor is doing marketing wise is working I guess lol.
    I notice since it went up from 1500+ to 2500+ visitors it has gotten worse. if it goes much higher without more bandwidth added then this site will soon become unusable.

frio wrote:
    It’s not like they’re real users. It’s just getting smashed by bots. They’ll be spinning their wheels somewhere.
    '
    how do you know its bots and not real visitors?

2. Post
    Because there absolutely aren’t 2500 people posting. Click the little icon to show who’s actively logged in and it’s like 20 people.
    Last edited by frio; 26th September 2019 at 6:58 pm.

3. Post
    frio wrote:
    Because there absolutely are not 2500 people posting. Click the little icon to show who’s actively logged in and it’s like 20 people.
    True that there is not 2500 people posting, but with the 2500 users online how do you know they are bots and not genuine visitors that haven't bothered to create accounts and start posting?

4. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    True that there is not 2500 people posting, but with the 2500 users online how do you know they are bots and not genuine visitors that haven't bothered to create accounts and start posting?
    https://www.4tradeit.co.nz/

Would you believe that 4tradeit currently has 700 users online at the moment?

5. Post
    Is it bandwidth or server resources (CPU etc) that could be the actual problem?

6. Post
    A lot of 408s for me. Seems to be intermittent. Chrome latest version.

7. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Is it bandwidth or server resources (CPU etc) that could be the actual problem?
    well I think I answered my own question. Looking at where the traffic goes it won't be bandwidth. It'll be a server resource or database performance issue.

8. Smile
    darkness_nz wrote:
    well I think I answered my own question. Looking at where the traffic goes it won't be bandwidth. It'll be a server resource or database performance issue.
    Would the issue be based around people logging out or leaving the site and the server not handling it properly?

Maybe that's why it says so many users are on when they're not.

9. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    Why are you so defensive of the bots? It'd be interesting to analyse the IPs.

10. Post
    Pakistan and Algeria seem to come up a lot.

Also loooolll at Thunderstorm in this thread.

11. Post
    Security expert donchakno

12. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    Would the issue be based around people logging out or leaving the site and the server not handling it properly?

Maybe that's why it says so many users are on when they're not.
    I find it unlikely. But I don't have the logs to go through.

13. Post
    It has been really bad the last few days.

14. Post
    Server has probably been turned into a malware host hence the extra load, it runs a version of php that went eol in 2016...

15. Post
    There's automated exploits trying to get vB servers everywhere atm (re: the 0day above), so I'd not be surprised if it was compromised or we weren't paying enough AWSbux to deal with the spam traffic. Does GPF wave AWS WAF in front of it or something? Can we just drop any traffic that's hitting obvious exploitative endpoints?

16. Post
    Current person running the GP server

17. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Why are you so defensive of the bots? It'd be interesting to analyse the IPs.
    I wasn't defending bots.

18. Post
    frio wrote:
    There's automated exploits trying to get vB servers everywhere atm (re: the 0day above), so I'd not be surprised if it was compromised or we weren't paying enough AWSbux to deal with the spam traffic. Does GPF wave AWS WAF in front of it or something? Can we just drop any traffic that's hitting obvious exploitative endpoints?
    There's a bunch of services that could be setup to help since it's in AWS, but it really feels like no one is watching it.

Edit* that just got a whole lot faster.

19. Post
    Still a bit buggy atm.

Not sure it's fixed.

20. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Current person running the GP server
    Brilliant gif. I've had slow loading and 503 errors. For the last few weeks surfing GP has been hit and miss.

Edit also 504 errors.
    Last edited by griefmaker; 29th September 2019 at 8:11 pm.

21. Post
    Should we initiate plan B and all move over to Huggies forums?

22. Post
    brand wrote:
    Should we initiate plan B and all move over to Huggies forums?
    /r/gpforums

23. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    /r/gpforums
    its got the old logo

24. Post
    When will this be fixed?

25. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    When will this be fixed?
    Name:  QAt1ujp.jpg
Views: 145