HTTP error 503

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 76 to 100 of 110

  1. Post
    #76
    What about all the GP staff producing content for the main website? Do they just lose their jobs If GP goes down? Don't want to assume anything but if Egor has bailed on the site thats a bit stink.

  2. Post
    #77
    Time to shift everything to WordPress.

  3. Post
    #78
    Still happening this morning

    Guess gp is dying a slow death?

  4. Post
    #79
    Valeyard wrote:
    What about all the GP staff producing content for the main website? Do they just lose their jobs If GP goes down? Don't want to assume anything but if Egor has bailed on the site thats a bit stink.
    The main site is relatively independent of the forums iirc.

  5. Post
    #80
    frio wrote:
    The main site is relatively independent of the forums iirc.
    Speaking of the devil:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2019-10-05 13-45-43.png
Views: 325
Size:  98.2 KB

  6. Post
    #81
    It's intermittent.

    Now it's working ok, but it sometimes go to 503 error randomly.

  7. Post
    #82
    frio wrote:
    If Egor is actually long gone and people want to keep using this site it probably behooves a cabal to organise something new or get a handover or something. Iím guessing itís probably still on his dime too, which (PowerUP notwithstanding) is probably unfair.

    That said, the ďactive usersĒ thing is dropping a fair bit so maybe heís around after all.
    Is a new server/hosting required?

  8. Post
    #83
    Mixed http/https content is going to be blocked on Chrome in December, might wanna look into that as well (if the site lasts that long :P) https://www.zdnet.com/article/google...mixed-content/

  9. Post
    #84
    Sadly I think this error not being looked at now, is making me no longer want to be here.

  10. Post
    #85
    FWIW. Having major latency issues loading this site.

  11. Post
    #86
    It's a shame this has been going on for so long (I've just seen this thread), especially for those that hsve been here for over a decade and those that pay the powerup.

    If the forums are neglected, which it sounds like they are, perhaps its time they get shut down and everyone moves on or an alternate is found.

  12. Post
    #87
    Seems like it’s only up in the morning

  13. Post
    #88
    Heh heh heh

  14. Post
    #89
    Goodbye gpforums - see all you left nutters in the huggies forums

  15. Post
    #90
    Egor is overseas at the moment. I have managed to get a message to him through his better half.

  16. Post
    #91
    Time to relocate to /r/gpforums?

  17. Post
    #92
    Protip: Try logging into gpforums.com.au instead. It seems to be online more often than .co.nz
    Last edited by Mancubus; 6th October 2019 at 12:27 pm.

  18. Post
    #93
    Site was getting hammered by bots which was tying up the database with too many connections. I've blackholed some of the IP ranges which has improved things a bit.

  19. Post
    #94
    Thanks Egor.

    Sounded like a slow loris attack or something.

  20. Post
    #95
    Egor wrote:
    Site was getting hammered by bots which was tying up the database with too many connections. I've blackholed some of the IP ranges which has improved things a bit.
    Ah yes that's better the cavalry has arrived thanks Egor. It was pretty bad site unusable for long time.

  21. Post
    #96
    Egor wrote:
    Site was getting hammered by bots which was tying up the database with too many connections. I've blackholed some of the IP ranges which has improved things a bit.
    Give me access and I'll sort it next time.

  22. Post
    #97

  23. Post
    #98
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Mixed http/https content is going to be blocked on Chrome in December, might wanna look into that as well (if the site lasts that long :P) https://www.zdnet.com/article/google...mixed-content/
    Any http:// mixed content is not part of the site itself but resources referenced by users, for example in (img) tags, (url) tags or avatars.

  24. Post
    #99
    someone obviously hates gameplanet enough to setup a DDoS bot farm

  25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    someone obviously hates gameplanet enough to setup a DDoS bot farm
    It's you they're trying to get rid of.

    GP forums is just collateral damage.