1. Post

Hostile Workers

Whats the best process with hostile workers?

Have a guy at work who has a temper and makes sure to rip people a new one when something is wrong and never likes to talk through an issue. Job was done over weekend, was double checked with him to insure was ok and given go ahead, come in Monday and was informed by work mate that there was an issue, and i should go down and smooth things over (happy but nervous do so want to know reason so can learn from it)

Proceeded to be called a "useless ****" and "**** off out of my sight and don't come near me" this is not first time he has had many of these altercations with staff over the months (even with me on my 4th day on job). Even when there is nothing wrong he will not acknowledge anyone with a hello in mornings.

Was ready to pick up bag and go home but didn't think it would right thing to do. My last job if something went wrong, there would be a fire up but 10 minutes later two people would get together clear air and move on.

Before you ask Owners/Managers will not do anything because a) don't want to lose him cause he's a good printer b) discipline and confrontation is not part of there culture

I feel he needs to be told to move on before something really bad happens (violence)

2. Post
    Hahahaha.

Yeah, printers are like that. Would he happen to operate an offset machine? Last offset printer I worked with was a difficult guy. Was normal for him to throw shit including job requests back in your face.

3. Post
    If your managers wont do anything then your probably out of luck and should consider looking for a new gig.

4. Post
    https://www.employment.govt.nz/resol...tion/bullying/

E Tu is the printers union - have a chat to them.

Might pay to record the conversation on your phone if you feel you're about to get yelled at/bullied again. This is legal.

5. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Hahahaha.

Yeah, printers are like that. Would he happen to operate an offset machine? Last offset printer I worked with was a difficult guy. Was normal for him to throw shit including job requests back in your face.
    Yep, does it surprise you he's also a massive Holden fan?

6. Post
    Jewjew wrote:
    https://www.employment.govt.nz/resol...tion/bullying/

E Tu is the printers union - have a chat to them.

Might pay to record the conversation on your phone if you feel you're about to get yelled at/bullied again. This is legal.
    I'd do this.

Then take the recording to the owners, tell them you're going to take it to to the Department of Labour/MBIE/whoever if it's not addressed internally, because you should not have to put up with being treated like that. Like, be nice about it - you don't want the focus to shift to you - but make it clear that you won't accept that kind of behaviour in the future.

7. Post
    call him a crybaby and ask if he wants a beer after work

8. Post
    God I can't stand ****s like that, especially when management lets them get away with it. It's like, I'm sorry you failed at life Dave, and your wife just left you for another woman because of your inability to express your emotions healthily, but that doesn't mean you get to take out your lifetime of slow failure on us.

9. Post
    Wait till you're out at work drinks and got a few beers under your belt. Then tell him how much of a kent he is.

I had a work mate do that to me a few years back. I thought he was a real kent in the office to. But since we had a yarn and dropped our office defences, we've been good mates ever since.

10. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Wait till you're out at work drinks and got a few beers under your belt. Then tell him how much of a kent he is.

I had a work mate do that to me a few years back. I thought he was a real kent in the office to. But since we had a yarn and dropped our office defences, we've been good mates ever since.
    Yep sometimes a no bullshit talk offsite is the best bet

11. Post
    Haisley wrote:

Beers seem like it would up the ante - that its gonna go good and you get it resolved like you guys did...

Or could end in a fist fight
    Last edited by stacrafty; 2nd September 2019 at 8:06 pm. Reason: double post

12. Post
    Doesn't help I don't drink. The first time I had an altercation with him I basically said,

"I don't care who you are or what you do, you talk to me like that again, you'll be walking around like a spare prick at a wedding cause you'll have no work to do" (I make all the plates and I'll just refuse to make his).

I think I may just write a formal letter tomorrow and give it to management, if I hear nothing within the week I will take it elsewhere.
    Last edited by jords; 4th September 2019 at 8:54 am.

13. Post
    jords wrote:
    Doesn't help I don't drink. The first time I had an altercation with him I basically said, "I don't care who you are or what you do, you talk to me like that again, you'll be walking around like a spare prick at a wedding cause you'll have not work to do" (I make all the plates and I'll just refuse to make his). I think I may just write a formal letter tomorrow and give it to management, if I hear nothing within the week I will take it elsewhere.
    WHy not ask him to go to church with you?

14. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    WHy not ask him to go to church with you?
    I can't stand 99% of religions?

15. Post
    jords wrote:
    I can't stand 99% of religions?
    Invite him to a strip club and buy him a lap dance?

16. Post
    bit of an update, still chugging along at 12.5%

I leveraged this off equity in my rental too, so the return is sideways 8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harmoney nov 19.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	227714

Name:	harmoney nov 19_2.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	227715

17. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    bit of an update, still chugging along at 12.5%

I leveraged this off equity in my rental too, so the return is sideways 8

Name:	harmoney nov 19.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	227714

Name:	harmoney nov 19_2.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	227715
    ok

18. Post
    Maybe you should post it in the right thread?

19. Post
    too many hookers and blow

20. Post
    Too much RAR.