1. Post

S7 edge screen replacement.

Hey, I've been given an s7 edge with a a series of hairline cracks taking up 30 percent of the screen, making the keyboard less tactile.

So I'm looking to spend 2-300 for a good service, using glass that is has a quality on par with the default glass standard.

Technofix have offered to do it for 250 with aftermarket glass, but going from experience with my iPhone 5s repairs with them, I'm pretty hesitant.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Post
    An S7 is barely worth that much now. You'd be better off buying a new phone.

3. Post
    If I can pick up an s7 with a VR ready screen for 250, I would consider it. But most edges are going for 350-420 on tards.

4. Post
    tbh, for that amount you can get a A30 now which almost the same specs in most regards. Not sure if the 250 screen replacement is worth it.

5. Post
    aftermarket phone screen replacement services for hundreds of dollars is the biggest scam of this century.
    got two phone screens replaced in china for $40 and it was perfect

6. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Not sure if the 250 screen replacement is worth it.
    I'm really not understanding the logic here. Its $400 vs. $250.

I can't argue that they are not ripoff. But I am saving money and maintaining the use of gearvr.

7. Post
    Seems you already made up your mind before this thread lol, like focus mentioned, mobile part replacement services in NZ cost a premium, for that price I'd talk them into replacing the battery as well.

8. Post
    Yeah, that's why I made a thread requesting info on screen repair services

9. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    I'm really not understanding the logic here. Its $400 vs. $250.

I can't argue that they are not ripoff. But I am saving money and maintaining the use of gearvr.
    And as i said, you can get a brand new A30 for 299? and a new A50 whose specs are better than the s7+ with a larger screen as well for 399? Again, as the first post said, the S7 is long obsolete unless you get it super cheap.

but the S7 is easier to repair and the screen replaced than the new model, less glue etc You can buy the screen and do it yourself? pretty sure there are youtube vids on it

10. Post
    I'm working a traineeship role at the moment so the extra 150 would help. But yeah, I might just look into buying the tools to do it at home since the screen cost in minuscule.

Cheers for the assistance dudes.