1. Post

Stolen phone

Hi,
    Had my Vodaphone mobile stolen , called Vodaphone to bar it, so far so good.
    Dug out an old LG G3 to use, but cant get my old number back, also somehow the G3 seems to be associated with my old number! It's barred as well!
    Spent over three hours now to call centre in India, they have no idea, call backs never happen. Please transfer me to an NZ call centre says I, we're very busy, says the recorded message, call back later, hangs up on me!
    Totally stressed out, I was mugged for my phone and cards, so frustrated.
    Any advice?
    Shop in the mall has been no help unsurprisingly.

2. Post
    Odd that the Vodafone store can't help. I've gone in and got replacement sims without issue multiple times (thanks to phones using smaller sim cards each time I upgrade). They never got the old sim, just played on their computer and gave me a new sim. I am on a plan though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Probably need a new sim no matter what, so i'd try calling the shop direct and hope to get someone that has a solution.

3. Post
    They gave me a new sim, but I'm still barred on old G3 phone!

4. Post
    Des Flurane wrote:
    They gave me a new sim, but I'm still barred on old G3 phone!
    cause it's not the SIM that's barred, it's probably the IMEI number on your phone that's blocked lol.

strange that they decided to just bar every phone associated with your phone number.

5. Post
    I know, it's so incredibly frustrating.
    So I guess it's new phone and number time.

6. Post
    nah don't let them off that easily. did you specifically tell them which one you want blocked or just give them a phone number?
    try to get them to unblock the phone you still have and just leave the block on the stolen one

7. Post
    I know, it's so incredibly frustrating.
    So I guess it's new phone and number time.

8. Post
    Sorted now.
    Thanks for looking.
    Found a guy at another shop, who took 5 mins to sort out.
    Obviously some variation in tech knowledge between staff.
    And it was the G3 being also barred.

9. Post
    Where were you mugged?

10. Post
    Wynyard Quarter, too drunk to defend myself!
    Probably for the best .

11. Post
    The ****, you got mugged in NZ?

12. Post
    ^ yeah that kinda what i was thinking.. wtf. That's shit mate, this country is going to the dogs etc.

That said i know a Malaysian who visited here quite a few years ago and was mugged in Hamilton by a group of girls.. for his cigarettes.