Skunkworx Computers or Skamworx Computers?

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)
Results 576 to 586 of 586

  1. Post
    HandofBlood wrote:
    100% he's skipped the country by now.
    This. But his money, visas, and passport will only last for so long before hes forced to return.

  2. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    This. But his money, visas, and passport will only last for so long before hes forced to return.
    What's our legal reach like in Australia for this sort of thing? I'd assume our partnership with Australia that allows our citizens to wander back and forth freely also includes a clause where we can drag them back kicking and screaming if they've been naughty?

    If he's gone anywhere else however and is in the process of obtaining visas, I can only imagine it'd take one phone call from NZ officials informing them he's committed a felony to have those visas declined and giving him nowhere to go but home.

    The laws coming for ya, Boi.

  3. Post
    Xev wrote:
    What's our legal reach like in Australia for this sort of thing? I'd assume our partnership with Australia that allows our citizens to wander back and forth freely also includes a clause where we can drag them back kicking and screaming if they've been naughty?

    If he's gone anywhere else however and is in the process of obtaining visas, I can only imagine it'd take one phone call from NZ officials informing them he's committed a felony to have those visas declined and giving him nowhere to go but home.

    The laws coming for ya, Boi.
    We probably have an extradition treaty, but he'd have to be tried and found guilty of a crime. As long as they're civil battles then they won't do anything.

    Then again if he was, Australia would give him the boot, even without an extradition request, they're pretty heavy handed about that kind of stuff. It's more, "We don't want your criminals" than "Can you please give us back our criminals?"

  4. Post
    Can he be debt collected via Australian courts for money ordered by an NZ court?

  5. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Can he be debt collected via Australian courts for money ordered by an NZ court?
    Unlikely. Else the IRD would be doing it for Student Loans.

  6. Post
    Thought they've had a treaty for student loans for years?

  7. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Thought they've had a treaty for student loans for years?
    There's an information exchange, but nothing that empowers NZ to use Australian courts, that's why they arrest when the defaulter tries to leave NZ.

    I guess they could use debt collectors over there, but they don't have governmental power. They'd just scare them into thinking they do have government power in Australia.

  8. Post
    I would not be so pessimistic. Even if he left or will be forced to leave the country (at this stage, I doubt it), it is still a win as I have managed to make him pay for his scamming actions. The question I want him to ask himself is: Was it worthy? I hope that the investigation will change the case from a civil to criminal.
    Also, we would get a big bonus: one scumbag less in NZ...
    Last edited by antan; 16th March 2020 at 12:08 pm.

  9. Post
    better hope he doesn't play sports

  10. Post
    This guy is not a criminal genius -he is probably staying with his parents or something...

  11. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Unlikely. Else the IRD would be doing it for Student Loans.
    IRD has agreements with the ATO for such things, like child support especially.