Skunkworx Computers or Skamworx Computers?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    the fact that he is still out there (potentially) scamming people is astounding and unbelievable to me.
    morals: 0
    police effort to stop criminals: 0

2. Post
    focus wrote:
    the fact that he is still out there (potentially) scamming people is astounding and unbelievable to me.
    morals: 0
    police effort to stop criminals: 0
    He has ads on facebook that have likes and comments, but I couldn;t figure out where to report it

3. Post
    nFLIKT wrote:
    Hey guys,

Just thought i'd say a big thank you for this thread.

I've been in contact with Darryl at skunkworkx via email. He was giving me some advice on choosing a new GPU. He said he had the one I'm after on order and offered a really good price if I pre-ordered.
    Anyway i thought I'd better google the company and check reviews before I made any payment to his account.

You mofo's just stopped me from getting scammed if this is all true. So thank you!

Remember, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It probably a duck. lol

4. Post
    Sorry but this is not the full story, your computer has been sitting at the workshop since it was finished many months ago, YOU refused to take it after it was finished, being that many of the parts were specially ordered from overseas you were fully aware that there was no refund on the system. When you want your system it is right here waiting for you as it has since May Antonio just let me know. As for the haters on here get the full story first before judging. We are not scammers and have built custom rigs for some of the biggest gaming companies in NZ and OZ.

5. Post

6. Post
    Hi Darryl, why is it that multiple customers of skunkworx have accused you of withholding orders and refunds?

https://pricespy.co.nz/shop.php?f=8554

And if OP's PC is ready for collection - surely you wouldn't mind taking some pictures and posting it here for us? We like to see beast PC builds, we even have a YOLO thread for it.

7. Post
    PCBuilder wrote:
    Sorry but this is not the full story, your computer has been sitting at the workshop since it was finished many months ago, YOU refused to take it after it was finished, being that many of the parts were specially ordered from overseas you were fully aware that there was no refund on the system. When you want your system it is right here waiting for you as it has since May Antonio just let me know. As for the haters on here get the full story first before judging. We are not scammers and have built custom rigs for some of the biggest gaming companies in NZ and OZ.
    I'm sure you'd be happy to provide some pictures of the completed build and an invoice with the buyers details marked out for us to see?

8. Post
    oh my, this gonna be good.

9. Post
    OP to return serve

10. Post
    At first I was gunna moderate this as we're not here to mediate disputes between shitty businesses and their unfortunate victims but imma gunna see this one play out for a bit first

Hey skunk works, this guy ain't the only customer with a shitty story about your service so don't try make yourself out to be a victim

11. Post
    We are not scammers and have built custom rigs for some of the biggest gaming companies in NZ and OZ.
    Wait what? Can you please name a few lol?

12. Post
    mouwen wrote:
    Wait what? Can you please name a few lol?
    Even just one?

More so, what even is a gaming company?

13. Post
    dam was about to drop 100k on this site for my gaming company but luckily I've seen this thread and now know not to

14. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    OP to return serve
    Yea Im wondering why he didnt pick up his PC

15. Post
    PCBuilder wrote:
    Come on man, Post a picture of the PC with today's paper or something.

16. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Yea Im wondering why he didnt pick up his PC
    "They never built anything. The PC supposed be ready within 10 working days. A monty later, after a long list of absurd delays and excuses, they first said that the air freight company refused to load the PC because it was too heavy. Then the new excuse was that the other freight company dropped it and broke (coolant damage) it in Auckland. So he had to rebuilt a new computer. There was no way that I would have wait any longer. They were just bulls&*ting... Read the other one star reviews... Same story. They agreed to refund it. But it was another bullsh%^t."

There is a timeline post back on page 2 as well
    TLDR process was slow, lots of excuses and then it was supposedly damaged so he asked for a refund instead of it being rebuilt

17. Post
    It would have to exceed 25Kgs for the courier not to take it.

18. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    It would have to exceed 25Kgs for the courier not to take it.
    Yeah that seems unlikely, our lab gets heavy equipment couriered quite regularly and we've never had an issue. Things far heavier than a PC, even a beast one.

19. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Yeah that seems unlikely, our lab gets heavy equipment couriered quite regularly and we've never had an issue. Things far heavier than a PC, even a beast one.
    I dunno man, a full tower that's fill with liquid could easily get over 35kg.

It does sound like there's more to the story than OP is letting on.

20. Post
    I've never heard of a professional company using the word 'haters' describe their detractors.

How old are you all?

21. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I've never heard of a professional company using the word 'haters' describe their detractors potential customers on NZ's largest IT community, that also happens to be steadily aging and making up a large proportion of the IT decision makers for companies in NZ.

How old are you all?
    ftfy

22. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    ftfy
    Don't most businesses just buy from PBtech anyway

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Don't most businesses just buy from PBtech anyway
    Pretty much, I created a business account at Acquire at the company we work with, but our volume just wasn't large enough to justify my old account manager personally looking after us. PBTech is convenient when you're not buying often, and when you're large enough you then move to Dell, HP or whatever + Acquire for stuff they don't sell.

We're also the largest gaming community, though.

24. Post
    We're a gaming company

25. Post
    Thanks for the great read. I am now awaiting reply # 2.