1. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Yea I'm running a water-cooled gpu, cpu/vrm block with a 120mm rad & 360mm rad running into an ek dual bay reservoir and use pretty much spot on 1l of coolant, using 2l is crazy

Also I got primochill vue coolant dhl'd here in 3 days for cheaper than that coolant

-e-I just realised that's thermaltake coolant so is probably close to "retail" for it (considering the size of the purchase surely there should be at least some discount), but that line underneath it has me chuckling 52 bucks for a $5 bottle of concentrate

-e-e- the fittings on that quote are thermaltake soft tube compression fittings but the tubing is pteg(sic) hard tube, a++ cohesive build
    I wonder if the owner was like "Shit I've never built a loop before and have no idea what I'm doing. Fook it, I'll just take the guy's money and run"

You say the coolant is close to the retail, does that include the 50ml concentrate haha

As for the primochill stuff, is it like this? https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...andy-purple-sx

I love the look of the coolant, it's mesmerising - do you find you have to drain and refill more often with that though?
    Last edited by SirGrim; 7th September 2019 at 12:21 pm.

2. Post
    literally read the end of the sentence youre quoting after the comma in context i referenced the concentrate directly

and vue is great if you start with a NEW loop, not a cleaned loop, not a mostly new loop, a NEW loop, if you mix it with just about anything the particles fall out and it looks shite, but for the first couple of months it looks great

3. Post
    I see most of the reviews are now under investigation.
    https://classic.pricespy.co.nz/shop.php?f=8554

I wonder if pricespy took onboard my idea to check the IP's of the reviews getting updated at the exact same time. Well played if so.

edit: Store is being investigated.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 7th September 2019 at 5:11 pm.

4. Post
    My general rule of thumb is to never part money with a store that only has an email address under their contact info page. Sorry to be harsh but you were incredibly naive to spend $10k in such a store.

5. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

I wonder if pricespy took onboard my idea to check the IP's of the reviews getting updated at the exact same time. Well played if so.

The owner has started replying to the negative reviews
    Most of the positive reviews have been removed for investigation

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

Oh, I found mine in there. Says it's under investigation. Under Daniel at the bottom. I wonder if it means it will be restored.

7. Post

8. Post
    Maybe OP should contact Fairgo while hes at it.
    The registered address can be found easily on the companies office - get Fairgo to doorknock

9. Post
    I would never, ever drop that much money on a e-store that only has an email contact.
    I'd actually want to talk to someone on the phone about the build on a site like this which is very much unknown.
    You're lucky they're actually NZ based and not one of these chinese sites that drop ship parts.

I lol @ stealing the name from JayzTwoCents.
    At least hes registered: http://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/co/6713940

10. Post
    Jarsky wrote:
    I would never, ever drop that much money on a e-store that only has an email contact.
    I'd actually want to talk to someone on the phone about the build on a site like this which is very much unknown.
    You're lucky they're actually NZ based and not one of these chinese sites that drop ship parts.

I lol @ stealing the name from JayzTwoCents.
    At least hes registered: http://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/co/6713940
    Registered = limited liability. It's protects the seller more than the buyer.

11. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Registered = limited liability. It's protects the seller more than the buyer.
    I'm not referring to liability, just referring to the fact that at least he can put a name to the company so he can actually take them to dispute unlike the eshops operated out of China.

12. Post
    So wait, he's actually built the thing? Why arent you taking the goods?

13. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    We dont know if he's actually built it.

14. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    OP/Tony S posted a reply on pricespy

antan wrote:
    #the reply from Skunkworx is not true. I can prove it and I am going to send it to the PriceSpy team. Skunkworx formally accepted to fully refund the PC. Again, it is all recorded in the emails they sent me.
    Skunkworx, can you prove that the PC was really dropped? What's the freight company? What is the insurance claim number? Did you ever build the computer? I am sending the evidences from my side. Will you do the same?

15. Post
    I wonder how long a store has to produce goods after ordering.

CGA mentions things like "in a reasonable timeframe" which doesn't help.

16. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I wonder how long a store has to produce goods after ordering.

CGA mentions things like "in a reasonable timeframe" which doesn't help.
    That's a reasonable statement because it's based on the reasonable person.

Eg a reasonable person wouldn't wait five months, unless the store had upfront said it will take six months and the buyer said okay.

Things like modern supply systems are a factor (I can order parts snail mail from China and get them in four weeks maximum, or get a Courier in NZ and have something delivered next day), and how customised the item is (this item is expensive, but not exactly "custom" as it uses off the shelf parts, no different to a $600 gaming machine build).

Also what competitors could achieve, (eg you'd ask "experts" like PBTech and Computer Lounge what timeframe they could deliver such a system in when building your case)

My reasonable person interpretation based on what the OP has said would be a week max for a good transaction, and two weeks for a mediocre transaction. But it would be up to the judges reasonable person interpretation based on the information presented.

17. Post
    Although if OP had purchased when this was the first thing you saw on their website:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190115...mputers.co.nz/

Name:  Screenshot from 2019-09-08 11-24-31.png
Views: 350
Size:  163.4 KB

Then it would have been reasonable to expect it delivered within 24 hours minimum, or 24 business hours maximum.

They removed that in April after my fight with them. Looks like OP was a month late for that.

18. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    That's a reasonable statement because it's based on the reasonable person.

Eg a reasonable person wouldn't wait five months, unless the store had upfront said it will take six months and the buyer said okay.

Things like modern supply systems are a factor (I can order parts snail mail from China and get them in four weeks maximum, or get a Courier in NZ and have something delivered next day), and how customised the item is (this item is expensive, but not exactly "custom" as it uses off the shelf parts, no different to a $600 gaming machine build).

Also what competitors could achieve, (eg you'd ask "experts" like PBTech and Computer Lounge what timeframe they could deliver such a system in when building your case)

My reasonable person interpretation based on what the OP has said would be a week max for a good transaction, and two weeks for a mediocre transaction. But it would be up to the judges reasonable person interpretation based on the information presented.
    In the enterprise world though, we'd be lucky to ship something in 4 weeks. Some gear can take 3 months to be built, configured and shipped. I understand that the seller has been an absolute twat and a refund should have been issued but I wonder if the case against him may get picked apart if the CGA isn't clear on timeframes.

I sure as hell wouldn't expect a system to take 5 months to build but I wonder if the CGA is enough to shut this guy down at this point.

19. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I sure as hell wouldn't expect a system to take 5 months to build but I wonder if the CGA is enough to shut this guy down at this point.
    If you were the judge and you said this and the seller could give no good reason why it would ever take this long then that's a breach of the CGA and is enough.

Your enterprise experience wouldn't be a factor (different market, different rules, not covered under CGA as people don't "normally" buy Enterprise gear for home use), all that would matter is how quickly competitors could deliver the same machine and the expectations set by the seller.

If the seller said two weeks, then that becomes a baseline. If the seller said 6 months prior to the formation of the contract, then that becomes the baseline. If there was no clear baseline, then you source the baseline from similar scenarios (like what a competitor could do).

20. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    They never built anything. The PC supposed be ready within 10 working days. A monty later, after a long list of absurd delays and excuses, they first said that the air freight company refused to load the PC because it was too heavy. Then the new excuse was that the other freight company dropped it and broke (coolant damage) it in Auckland. So he had to rebuilt a new computer. There was no way that I would have wait any longer. They were just bulls&*ting... Read the other one star reviews... Same story. They agreed to refund it. But it was another bullsh%^t.

21. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    If you were the judge and you said this and the seller could give no good reason why it would ever take this long then that's a breach of the CGA and is enough.

Your enterprise experience wouldn't be a factor (different market, different rules, not covered under CGA as people don't "normally" buy Enterprise gear for home use), all that would matter is how quickly competitors could deliver the same machine and the expectations set by the seller.

If the seller said two weeks, then that becomes a baseline. If the seller said 6 months prior to the formation of the contract, then that becomes the baseline. If there was no clear baseline, then you source the baseline from similar scenarios (like what a competitor could do).
    The quote (signed by the director) clearly states: "...10 working days to complete once all the ordered parts have arrived".
    The CGA states the following:
    "Products must be of acceptable quality when you receive them. If products arrived damaged you can claim a remedy from the trader.

The delivery must also:

- arrive on time
    - within the agreed period
    - within a reasonable time if no delivery time is agreed.
    - If products are very late, or arrive far later than the agreed period, you can reject them.

The vendor agreed to refund it. It also refunded 10% of it. Then, it decided to keep the rest 90%.

I think I got a strong case. Well, I hope so. You never know...

22. Post
    The following is a chronology of the events:

21 May 2019 – sent email to Skunkworx asking for a quote for a high-end computer.
    24 May 2019 – received quote
    26 May 2019 – transferred $9,891.38 into Skunkworx Computers Ltd - Kiwi Bank - xxxxx
    27 May 2019 – Received invoice - - Inv. 19SWC0047
    06 June 2019 - sent email asking for an update as we needed the computer for a project.
    06 June 2019 – Received a reply from Darryl stating that the system will be completed by the end of the week (07 June 2019)
    11 June 2019 – sent email asking for a further update – starting to complain that 3 weeks have gone past since they got the money
    11 June 2019 – received email stating that the system will be ready in the following week.
    17 June 2019 – After receiving no news I sent an email asking again for an update and the actual delivery date.
    17 June 2019 – received email confirming that the computer was ready to be sent to me
    18 June 2019 – sent email asking for an update and the delivery date
    19 June 2019 -as I did not get any reply, I sent a new email asking for an update
    19 June 2019 – received email confirming that the computer is being put on a flight that night.
    20 June 2019 – sent email asking for the tracking number – no reply
    21 June 2019 – sent email asking for an update and expressing concerns about the lack of response.
    21 June 2019 – received email stating that the computer was rejected by the freight company due to its size and weight. They will send it via train. They stated that I will receive the computer on Monday 24 of June around mid-day.
    24 June 2019 – I took a day off work to make sure that I am home when the computer arrives. After waiting the entire afternoon, I got an email from Darryl stating that the freight company dropped the computer and damaged it. They will have to build a new computer. At that point I decided that something was terribly wrong with this computer company. I sent an email to Darryl asking for a full refund.
    25 June 2019 – After losing my $25,000 project because the computer was not ready, I sent an email asking when the refund will be processed
    26 June 2019 – after receiving no replies I sent a new email asking for an update and expressing my discomfort in dealing with this situation.
    26 June 2019 – received email stating that the director signed off on the refund and that it was with the account team ready to be processed.
    28 June 2019 – Sent email stating that I was expecting the refund on our company account by Monday.
    01 July 2019 – sent email asking for confirmation that the bank transfer was processed on the 27th of June as advised by the sales team.
    01 July 2019 – received email stating that the money will come directly from their trust account and it takes up to 3 working days to be processed.
    03 July 2019 – sent email stating that the refund di not reached our bank account.
    03 July 2019 – received email stating that the transaction is still ‘pending’ and it will leave on the 3rd of July from the Kiwi Bank account.
    04 July 2019 – sent email stating that no money was sent – No reply
    05 July 2019 – sent email asking for an update – no reply
    05 July 2019 – sent email that I will need to escalate this to the CGA
    05 July 2019 – received email stating the cost that their company had to face as it was our responsibility that this happened.
    8 July 2019 – sent email stating that no money was received yet. Advised them that I will launch a formal complaint with the CGA.
    8 July 2019 – Received email stating that the money left their trust account at the Commonwealth Bank (was it Kiwi Bank?) at 1:32pm Friday the 5th of July.
    9 July 2019 – sent email inform them that no payment was pending (I contacted my bank). Expressed serious concerns and told them that I will escalate this.
    9 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that he required two extra signatures to authorise the bank transaction from the Co-operative Bank trust account (a different bank again). He says that it takes 3-5 working days and that the money will show in my account very soon.
    11 July 2019 – after few emails exchange I asked for an update, asking for evidences that the bank transfer happened.
    11 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that the transfer required 7 days notice and also that the bank transfer happened (“The Co-Op bank was given the required 7 day notice on the 4th for access to the required funds and at the time we did the transfer to your ASB account rather than it go to our Kiwi Bank account first.)
    12 July 2019 – sent email stating that the bank transfer did not happen. – no reply
    15 July 2019 – sent email stating that still no sign of any money on our account.
    15 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that he threatened Co-Op bank to pull all his account if they do not sort this. Basically, he blamed the Co-Op bank for the delay.
    15 July 2019 – sent email stating that I will wait for an extra couple of days.
    18 July 2019 – sent email stating that I have been patient enough and that I am going to escalate this.
    18 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that he will get this sorted and will send me an email after a meeting with his company lawyer. He asked me to be more patient as my complaint would destroy his company and staff working there.
    18 July 2019 - sent email as Darryl did not sent an email as he promised. I advised him that he left me with no choices, and that I will have to report this.
    18 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that he sent the email via phone at 3:47pm (no email was received).
    19 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that he made a test deposit of $10 in our account to make sure that the account is correct and that he will be transfer the money from his personal account once received the confirmation.
    19 July 2019 – sent email to Darryl confirming that the test deposit worked.
    22 July 2019 – received the following email from Darryl: “ Morning, Awesome something finally worked Will get it sorted this afternoon”
    23 July 2019 – sent email to Darryl asking for a confirmation that he did process the deposit.
    23 July 2019 – received the following email from Darryl: Hi, Putting it through Wednesday mid-morning as that is when Kiwi Bank is putting my extended credit in, I will email the second I have done it.
    24 July 2019 – received the following email from Darryl: “Hi, Just confirming my money has come through and will be depositing your refund in to your account tonight.”
    25 July 2019 – sent email to Darryl stating that the money is still not in our account – (no reply)
    29 July 2019 – Sent email to Darryl advising that I am about to escalate this.
    29 July 2019 – received email from Darryl stating that it is my responsibility to battle with the freight company.
    29 July 2019 – sent email to Darryl advising him to refer to the CGA and asked for a proof (screenshot) that the transfer happened.
    29 July 2019 – received an email stating that I will receive the screenshot of the bank transfer today.
    29 July 2019 – received email asking me if I could accept to get the payment in two instalments.
    29 July 2019 – sent email stating that I will accept if the first payment would be processed on the 30th of July and the second on the 30th of August 2019 ($4,000 each) plus the GPU ASUS Matrix sent on the on the 30th of July. Sent a formal agreement asking for the director’s (Darryl Smith) signature.
    30 July 2019 – Received email with the agreement signed and the dates modified from Wednesday the 30th to Friday the 2nd of August 2019.
    On Saturday the 3rd of August, no money and no GPU have been sent. The agreement has been breached. Darryl Smith did not keep his word again. He is obviously trying to stall it again.
    Agreement attached.
    05 August 2019 – Sent last email to Darryl Smith stating that he did breach the agreement and again he did not honour his word.
    05 August 2019 – Received email stating that he will make the payment today. He sent the proof of the payment but instead of the agreed $4,000 for the first instalment he sent $200.
    05 August 2019 – Sent last email stating that this is going to be handled in Court.
    07 August 2019 – Received email stating that they deposit $1000 in our account. Confirmed but still not enough as they are still holding 90% of it.
    Last edited by antan; 10th September 2019 at 10:57 am.

23. Post
    Linkzor wrote:
    My general rule of thumb is to never part money with a store that only has an email address under their contact info page. Sorry to be harsh but you were incredibly naive to spend $10k in such a store.
    I know. Lesson learnt...

24. Post
    WOW thats some BS right there !!!! Really hope you get your money back !!

25. Post
    dont you umm tell the police