Skunkworx Computers or Skamworx Computers?

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    So everyone in this thread owed money needs to get on that train. File the same fraud / deception complaint. Get the ball rolling from there.
    I can see why the cops don't want to get involved in this sort of thing.

2. Post
    I'm surprised you can see anything at your age.

3. Post
    Anyone hit fair go up yet?

4. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I'm surprised you can see anything at your age.
    Ouch!

You got me there champ.

5. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    Yep, waiting for their reply. Even if they don't reply, they will still know about Skamworx...
    Last edited by antan; 17th January 2020 at 7:55 am.

6. Post

lost money

waited 2months for a fuking replyfrom westpac, went in bank 4 times rung 4 times ,lost nearly 4000 today, westpac wont charge back my money from these ****s

7. Post
    Coolqoyote wrote:
    waited 2months for a fuking replyfrom westpac, went in bank 4 times rung 4 times ,lost nearly 4000 today, westpac wont charge back my money from these ****s
    As I have mentioned before, we live in a country that allows those scumbags to have an easy life. The Justice system is ridiculous and useless. They can't even find an address. But, if you don't pay a fine, they will chase you down to the hell if it is required.
    Did you pay by credit card or bank transfer?

8. Post
    Coolqoyote wrote:
    What was the reason given? In my case the bank assigned an officer, who started working on it after a couple of weeks, and apparently didn't read any of the evidence I already had sent. So it could have ended the same way. Some of what the bank employees told me was useful, most was misleading and pointless.

You could complain about the decision, and bring more evidence. Complain to the management, call different branches and head office. Call again and keep talking to someone else, as you'll get very different answers from different bank employees. Report the crime to the police if you haven't, ask for a written form called "Police Acknowledgement" of that. Request Pricespy management for an account of the situation. Phone and request the skunkworx website maintainer Jason Dodd from Pogostick.co.nz for a note about the events and explain that you have lost $4000 among many other victims to a criminal site he maintains.

9. Post
    ptrappo wrote:
    Hey man can we link up? I spent $7500 on computers with these guys, they delivered one incomplete and one undelivered and i haven't heard from them since xmas. Their correct address is:

Skunkworx Computers Ltd
    4-138 Stanmore Road, Linwood, Christchurch 8011
    GST 125-464-621

Darryl B Smith
    027 464 3737
    [email protected]

I have verified their address as I have seen the owners red car there with number plate HDQ838
    yes thats what i found. i lost 4000 today, westpac wont give a charge back, been to police, but of course they are fukn usless

10. Post
    chch_developer wrote:
    What was the reason given? In my case the bank assigned an officer, who started working on it after a couple of weeks, and apparently didn't read any of the evidence I already had sent. So it could have ended the same way. Some of what the bank employees told me was useful, most was misleading and pointless.

You could complain about the decision, and bring more evidence. Complain to the management, call different branches and head office. Call again and keep talking to someone else, as you'll get very different answers from different bank employees. Report the crime to the police if you haven't, ask for a written form called "Police Acknowledgement" of that. Request Pricespy management for an account of the situation. Phone and request the skunkworx website maintainer Jason Dodd from Pogostick.co.nz for a note about the events and explain that you have lost $4000 among many other victims to a criminal site he maintains.
    i have, my only option is to go to the adress and deal to him, nothing gets done here ever. police dont do anything. they add it to the file i just provided them, i gave them my westpac email which some guy says .;
    Hi Phillip,

Just updating you in regards to the altered invoice payment for $3999.90 on the 01/10/2019. We’ve already reached out to Kiwibank in regards to the payment but unfortunately there was no recovery available. We would need to leave this to the NZ Police to follow up. We have made note of the transaction and can provide the information to the NZ police should they serve us with a Production Order or Information Request.

Regards,

Arvind

11. Post
    i have also rung kiwi bank and made a complaint with this ****s acc. number , but of course the nagging thing of we probably wont be able to do anything. also westpac took 1 month . until today i go in and happen to mention my email, cos i asked to be contacted by phone, and then i get sent this shit via email from some Redacted who doesnt care at all of course. and then i go and add it to the police file. i will be reporting that licence plate number also. il add it to the file tomorrow, this wont change anything of course, because for sum reason the kapiti police wont contact CHCH police to do an investigation .
    Last edited by St4lk3r; 20th January 2020 at 2:23 pm. Reason: unnecessary racism removed

12. Post
    antan wrote:
    As I have mentioned before, we live in a country that allows those scumbags to have an easy life. The Justice system is ridiculous and useless. They can't even find an address. But, if you don't pay a fine, they will chase you down to the hell if it is required.
    Did you pay by credit card or bank transfer?
    cant agree more with you, n.z sux. how? i payed with my debit card. waited too long for westpac to only tell me no they wont give a chargeback. i was within the legal time too.

13. Post
    debit card is not a credit card. Credit card you can basically chargeback 100% of the time

14. Post
    IF ANYONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME IM AT [email protected]. but im sure this forum is good enough i have done all i can apart from going down there and getting him. i have made a song and dance at every turn but n.z is complete shit for stuff like this unless you have robbed pac n save gone over a stop sign, speeding or killed someone. it seems i will pay for my mistake and nothing will be done.

15. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    debit card is not a credit card. Credit card you can basically chargeback 100% of the time
    debit card has supposed to have the same rights. my bank is actually 60 days not 30. i know cos i just went through this with them

16. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    yes i have done that also. nothing will get done in this poxy little ****ry tho

17. Post
    Man, I remember this guy on trade me tucked me for $60 and I got on some petty shit and created a few burner accounts and waited a few months buying shit on these accounts to make em look legit and when he listed a whole bunch of crap I scooped up all his auctions then had him running all over town to drop off goods with the promise of gas $$ added for his troubles and extra money for waiting around, I even made him miss a lecture at uni, dude was super pissed after I came clean about it he went postal and sent me some dark messages haha. When he requested TM to refund all the success fees and as with this request TM asks the buyer if the sale was completed or not I said yes, yes they were.. cue more dirty emails haha. Best $60 ever spent, No Ragretz

What you guys have been burned for tho, yeah I’d be on some boot ride stuff if the bank did me dirty like that.

18. Post
    Redacted
    Last edited by St4lk3r; 20th January 2020 at 2:24 pm.

19. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    Man, I remember this guy on trade me tucked me for $60 and I got on some petty shit and created a few burner accounts and waited a few months buying shit on these accounts to make em look legit and when he listed a whole bunch of crap I scooped up all his auctions then had him running all over town to drop off goods with the promise of gas $$ added for his troubles and extra money for waiting around, I even made him miss a lecture at uni, dude was super pissed after I came clean about it he went postal and sent me some dark messages haha. When he requested TM to refund all the success fees and as with this request TM asks the buyer if the sale was completed or not I said yes, yes they were.. cue more dirty emails haha. Best $60 ever spent, No Ragretz
    just letting you know, this was seizure-inducing to read

20. Post
    Coolqoyote wrote:
    debit card has supposed to have the same rights. my bank is actually 60 days not 30. i know cos i just went through this with them
    debit cards are your money, banks dont give a ****
    credit cards are their money, banks (visa/mastercard) give a ****

21. Post
    Coolqoyote wrote:
    debit card has supposed to have the same rights.
    No it isn't, people really need to stop thinking this.

22. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:

What you guys have been burned for tho, yeah I’d be on some boot ride stuff if the bank did me dirty like that.
    Haha awesome dude. Took a lot of effort but worth it I recon!

23. Post
    I've gotten chargebacks on my debit card before? If it uses mastercard its supposed to have the same chargeback rules.

24. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I've gotten chargebacks on my debit card before? If it uses mastercard its supposed to have the same chargeback rules.
    of course it does. we use it cos its cheaper than a credit card and we use it more like a eftpos card, we also use it as a credit card to buy shit online.
    i paid through my debit card to his kiwibank acc. but iused online banking . i nearly lost it this morning at westpac, i had to get the fuk out of there cos i nearly lost it. nothingness followed by nothing. i also contacted the chch police on there web site, they are about 5min from his location. like i knew we lived in a poxy little country but i never knew how shit was going to be. Redacted
    Last edited by St4lk3r; 20th January 2020 at 2:25 pm.

25. Post
    Debit via a Debit Card is EFTPOS through a Credit Card gateway.

If you use it like a credit card, it acts like a credit card.
    If you use it like an EFTPOS card, it acts like a EFTPOS card.

So if you paid to a bank account, then there's no protection (also you didn't use your debit card for that. It's just a thing that's assigned to your bank account. You used your bank account).

But if you paid via a Credit Card gateway, then you get Credit Card protections (and the vendor has to pay a credit card fee which they might pass on to you).

When using it via a credit card gateway, all of the rules of credit cards apply and the limit is the amount in your bank account (although that isn't a hard truth, because the bank is sponsoring the amount of which they make unavailable, then later take from your account). So you could possibly put through a transaction larger than what's in your account and if the processor/bank decides to allow it (usually automatically) they'll still process it. Then overdraw you.

This is also why you can press EFTPOS OR Credit when using a physical EFTPOS machine and it will go through (although the vendor will get charged the credit card fee and they may be pissed off with you if they usually pass it on).

So to have Credit Card protections you had to use PayPal, or PaymentExpress, or eDirect or any of the Credit Card payment gateways which it doesn't sound like you did.