Should there be a "One Year Later" Review of Fallout 76?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

Should GP revisit Fallout 76 after the Wastelander Update?

31 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

No. The reviews are done/It's too late now
15 48.39%
Yes. If Baz writes it.
1 3.23%
Yes. If Chris writes it.
6 19.35%
Yes. If both Baz and Chris contribute.
2 6.45%
Yes, but a different reviewer this time.
1 3.23%
Yes, but not a review. Maybe a podcast, live stream or something like that.
1 3.23%
Don't care/Comedy option
5 16.13%
  1. Post

Should there be a "One Year Later" Review of Fallout 76?

In November last year I wrote my most negative review ever for the disaster that is Fallout 76 and gave it 1.5/10

I've not played or even looked at that game since then, but off the back of the impending Wastelanders update I thought it might be worth revisiting if you fine folk think it's worth it. I have little interest in returning to Fallout 76, but if there is enough interest in a Fallout 76 Wastelanders Review I could go back and wander the wastes for a while.

So the question is, should Gameplanet revisit and give a new review/appraisal/article for the updated game? Assuming the Wastelander update comes out this year?

Both Baz and I wrote our own reviews. He scored it 5.0/10, and I've not spoken to him about revisiting the game, but let us know what you would like (if anything).

This would not change the review score. Instead it would be an evaluation of the game as it is, not as it was. The original review scores will not be changed, and the reviews will not be updated.

Cheers
    Last edited by ChrisB; 12th September 2019 at 12:33 pm.

2. Post
    let the Past die..

3. Post
    Yeah totally, game looked like an absolute disaster so it would be interesting to see if they've improved it.

4. Post
    No, let it be dead and forgotten

5. Post
    inb4 gwarden votes "yes" 100 times

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    inb4 gwarden votes "yes" 100 times
    nah m8 I voted no.

7. Post
    I went with the 1st option. Don't think many people care tbh. I revisited it during the week trial thing they did back at e3 and didn't look like much had changed.

8. Post
    Yes because I want to read another scathing ChrisB review.

9. Post
    Life is too short to waste time on shit games. Even with content added it'll still be a glorified shit Fallout 4 mod.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

10. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    nah m8 I voted no.
    Gwarden, is that you?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Was there a re-review of No Man's Sky?

12. Post
    IST wrote:
    Gwarden, is that you?

Allegedly

13. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Was there a re-review of No Man's Sky?
    I actually asked that in a post i had ready to go, but my phone glitched out and i lost it.

Anyway, i think there's two ways of looking at it;
    - a re-review of the game as it stands today, so that people can make a more informed decision as to whether or not to buy
    - leave it as is; current review score is deserved, as that's how the game released

I was initially leaning towards a re-review, as GP is about informing readers rather than punishing developers for releasing buggy, broken games. But as BP has mentioned, if you're going to do it with FO76, it should be done with any game that has had significant patching, like No Mans Sky.

Why should FO76 get the opportunity to improve it's review score when no other game does? I've voted no.

14. Post
    If Fallout 76 pulls (somehow) an ESO style reinvention, I'd be interested in revisiting.

I did buy the CE then sold it unopened on release in disgust, so that was a thing lol.

15. Post
    You guys should do a podcast.

16. Post
    As much as I have enjoyed FO3 / New Vegas etc and a fair bit of F04, I'm steering clear of 76 unless there is some sort of fundamental and total reworking of the game. I don't mind hearing people's thoughts and opinions of the changes or state of the game but in my opinion I don't think it deserves a "re-review", up to you folks I guess.
    Last edited by Monolith; 12th September 2019 at 12:09 pm.

17. Post
    Not a re-review.
    More like. "What does FO76 look like now"
    Something akin to the various articles about No Man's Sky after the latest updates that pretty much fixed the game.

To be clear

This would not change the review score. Instead it would be an evaluation of the game as it is, not as it was. The original review scores will not be changed, and the reviews will not be updated.

18. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Name:  5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  54.3 KB

19. Post
    Hahahaha

ChrisB wrote:
    Not a re-review.
    Something akin to the various articles about No Man's Sky after the latest updates that pretty much fixed the game.

To be clear

In that case, yeah, i'm open to hearing what you think of it now. Makes sense that you do it Chris, as you can compare and contrast then and now.

20. Post
    Thanks for explaining Chris, yeah if your down to put yourself through more of it - the least I can do for you is read about it.

21. Post
    If it were another game, say, No Man's Sky this question were being asked about, my answer would be a resounding yes, but in the case of FO76 I don't think Bethesda deserve any credit for anything. The game is/was a garbage fire, the PR was a garbage fire, their intentions for it were a garbage fire - everything about it is a god damn garbage fire. Let it burn in peace.

22. Post
    If it's still trash then that's even more reason to go back and do an update.

That's pretty much how gaming is these days, early, clearly unready, releases and then the game(hopefully) evolves over time. Going back and checking the status of games should be the norm now imo because some do turn into genuinely good games after a rough start. Maybe No Mans Sky would be another one worth going back to as well then?

23. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    If it's still trash then that's even more reason to go back and do an update.

That's pretty much how gaming is these days, early, clearly unready, releases and then the game(hopefully) evolves over time. Going back and checking the status of games should be the norm now imo because some do turn into genuinely good games after a rough start. Maybe No Mans Sky would be another one worth going back to as well then?
    I think we’ve had this convo before - I’m all for doing 1 year updates which represent how a player would see the game if they bought and played it now - cheaper price, more content and bugs cleaned up.

But pretty sure GP reviewers said they don’t want to because it’s too much work

24. Post
    I'm totally fine with the idea that it's "Too much work". These guys get paid nothing but the privilege of playing the game, plus a whole ton of their free time writing the review, so two bites of the pie is a bit much to ask.