1. Post

Shipping car wax/detailing products with Youshop?

Has anyone done this? There is some stuff that's hard to find in NZ (Chemical Guys, and some Meguiar's products) I'm after from Amazon.

NZ post mention they don't ship polishes but do they actually check? Or is all the safety/flammability/whatever stuff listed on the Amazon package itself and they'll be like "nope"?

Chur GP bruddas

2. Post
    It's a gamble if you try it, every item I've had youshopped was opened at the warehouse to get the invoice inside the packaging for customs declaration.

3. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    It's a gamble if you try it, every item I've had youshopped was opened at the warehouse to get the invoice inside the packaging for customs declaration.

Ah, I'll give it a miss then. Cheers

4. Post
    anyone know if the 400 dollar custom fee thing has actually increased to 1000 dollars?

I read something about it, but just wondering if anyone can confirm it's true.

5. Post
    From what here tells me:
    https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal...uty-estimator/

Anything over $399nzd is still taxed.

6. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    From what here tells me:
    https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal...uty-estimator/

Anything over $399nzd is still taxed.
    I read into it more, and it's changing to 1000nzd on december the 1st

7. Post
    I'll ship you anything you want.

Anything.

8. Post
    Incunabula wrote:
    Nope: https://www.customs.govt.nz/about-us...mported-goods/

9. Post
    Incunabula wrote:
    Nope. As of Dec 1st, the $400 threshold is effectively being removed.
    Whether they ping everything that passes through the border is a different story.

10. Post
    autechre wrote:
    Nope. As of Dec 1st, the $400 threshold is effectively being removed.
    Whether they ping everything that passes through the border is a different story.
    Not really. Read the link Vulcan posted. They are requiring adding gst on all items but removing entry fees up to 1000. The gst part depends on where you get stuff from. If they do over 60k in sales to nz and if they play buy the rules,. Ebay, Amazon large clothing retailers etc will def charge gst.

11. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    Has anyone done this? There is some stuff that's hard to find in NZ (Chemical Guys, and some Meguiar's products) I'm after from Amazon.

NZ post mention they don't ship polishes but do they actually check? Or is all the safety/flammability/whatever stuff listed on the Amazon package itself and they'll be like "nope"?

Chur GP bruddas
    I use to ship direct from AutoGeek through DHL. No issues.

12. Post
    yuRiko wrote:
    I use to ship direct from AutoGeek through DHL. No issues.
    I'd not heard of AutoGeek. Was it much to ship do you recall?

(Hard to check without inputting my payment details which I don't really want to do)

13. Post
    Generally after you order they will send you a quote for shipping then you confirm with them before they charge you.

I worked out that even after shipping it was half the price during that time.