Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Lightning

The War of the Worlds [BBC]

This looks cool

2. Post
    Looks promising, it better have HMS Thunder Child and at ramming speed.

3. Post
    Looks good. BBC have been on point lately with their content. Peaky Blinders, His Dark Materials looks great now this. Just wish they could get Doctor Who right.

4. Post
    Holy crud - this looks amazing.

5. Post
    Saw this mentioned on another website yesterday - look great; dark and gritty. How imposing does that alien machine look?!?!

6. Post
    dunno , i kinda like the foghorn roar of the Tom Cruise version and the disintegration ray

7. Post
    Ooooh, excite!

It's a good story, and hopefully that it's BBC, might mean it is done well.

8. Post
    Starting on TV1 Sunday nights soon.

9. Post
    Watching now.... I'm enjoying it, but it's seriously got to be 5 minutes of the show, then 5 minutes of ads. God I f**king hate broadcast TV. Netflix has ruined it for me!

10. Post
    I'm really looking forward to this one Haven't obtained it yet though.

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Watching now.... I'm enjoying it, but it's seriously got to be 5 minutes of the show, then 5 minutes of ads. God I f**king hate broadcast TV. Netflix has ruined it for me!
    same, i auto reached for the phone and just lost interest after the 2nd ads

12. Post
    Feeling like it's been ghostbustered tbh (with a dash of climate change)

13. Post
    ^ Yeah. It didn't blow me away or anything, but I did enjoy it. And I will be busting out my vinyl copy of Jeff Wayne's WotW some point this week for a listen, so there's that at least!

14. Post
    What would have been really good is a steampunk style of martians, which iirc the original book was more aligned with.

15. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    ^ Yeah. It didn't blow me away or anything, but I did enjoy it. And I will be busting out my vinyl copy of Jeff Wayne's WotW some point this week for a listen, so there's that at least!

16. Post
    ^ It's brilliant! So far ahead of it's time.

17. Post
    I loved the video game based on JW's version.

It felt especially desperate playing as humans

18. Post
    Hrmmmmm, that wasn't as dark and hopeless as I had thought it might be.

Without wanting to be spoilerish, my thought from that first episode is that if your special effects "a thing catches fire" looks that terribly done, maybe have the things catching fire happening off camera ... do more implied horror / carnage, than on screen carnage.

19. Post
    2nd episode was great right up until they basically killed off everyone except Amy. Which is too bad. I really liked Rupert Graves as Fred. Gonna be hard to watch Episode 3.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 22nd October 2019 at 12:20 pm.

20. Post
    I don't mind a bit of doom and gloom, it's a good tool to build the atmosphere of despair

21. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    I loved the video game based on JW's version.

It felt especially desperate playing as humans
    I always just turtled into one zone and then pumped out stacks of self propelled guns and push relatively quickly.

22. Post
    I managed to find and watch the first two episodes. but beyond that has eluded me ... is it just a two ep thing?

23. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    I managed to find and watch the first two episodes. but beyond that has eluded me ... is it just a two ep thing?
    Yep just 2 episodes. I was confused as well. Some countries got a third but only because they split the second episode.

24. Post
    That's a relief, and explains a lot.

However, makes it a bit disappointing as a series then, if that was the ending

25. Post
    According to imdb half of it hasn't screened yet and there are 3 episodes?