Disco Elysium

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Disco Elysium

I'm not really gaming regularly anymore, but this looks worth giving a go. If they deliver on promises, and it looks like they will, it will offer a whole new fresh twist on RPG genre. It genuinely looks great.

From Steam page:
    Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. Youíre a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.
    YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1...QtyXpoop2JKU7w

Comes out in 9 days.

2. Post
    This was not on my radar.

absolute disaster of a human being"

keen lol

3. Post
    I'm reading impressions from people playing the preview version, apparently you can make absolutely terrible character build, fail every major checkpoint and still finish the game. Obviously, results will be equally terrible.

Also, writing seems to be top notch.

I'm hyped af.

4. Post
    Watching the fextralife Livestream (post Livestream now) on YouTube.

Looks pretty interesting. Lots of stat rolling and dialogue is pretty humourous in places.

5. Post
    Will keep an eye on this, looks like it could be fun.

6. Post
    First reviews are dropping, looking very positive.
    Here's one fairly spoiler free if you stick to the text and don't click on a video that says "gameplay video".
    https://fextralife.com/disco-elysium...oes-detective/

This guy obviously thinks it's super funny, but a chick playing it said a sad scene made her cry, so I'm not sure WTF is going on, but it releases tomorrow/tonight.

Steam previews:
    "Absolutely fascinating."
    Rock Paper Shotgun

"Disco Elysium is dripping with cool. Itís refreshingly unique."
    Eurogamer

"The freshest and most fascinating RPG Iíve experienced in years."
    PC Gamer

7. Post

8. Post
    My review is coming in a few days.
    An esoteric mind **** that is both the most traditional RPG i've played in years and not traditional at all.
    This game manages to do what inXile failed to when they attempted to make a successor to Planescape: Torment. While having nothing to do with that game Disco Elysium is far more the spiritual successor to Planescape than Torment Tides of Numenera was. And Disco isn't trying to be anything more than itself.

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    My review is coming in a few days.
    An esoteric mind **** that is both the most traditional RPG i've played in years and not traditional at all.
    This game manages to do what inXile failed to when they attempted to make a successor to Planescape: Torment. While having nothing to do with that game Disco Elysium is far more the spiritual successor to Planescape than Torment Tides of Numenera was. And Disco isn't trying to be anything more than itself.
    Nice, I got the Planescape vibe from some gameplay vids. Keen to read your review.

10. Post
    That's an interesting (and spot on) observation Chris. Devs said PST and Kentucky Route Zero were the main inspirations.
    Last edited by mintyOnion; 16th October 2019 at 8:16 am.

11. Post
    Looks fun, will keep an eye to this!

12. Post
    Well.....this looks ****ing good!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

13. Post
    This is literally the most innovative RPG ever. I can't stop playing.

14. Post
    fantastic game

15. Post
    This is amazing so far. The dialogue is hilarious and has the best options we've seen in awhile.

16. Post
    Hnngh. Just picked up Divinity again but this looks so damn good.

17. Post
    best game of 2019 for me, followed closely by Sekiro

18. Post
    shhhhhhh

shhhh

19. Post
    My review has been much delayed. Life has gotten in the way, and I am also about to complete a 2nd run through.
    Review will be coming early next week. It might be another biggun.
    Won't say more than that, but as I said I have almost completed a 2nd run so take from that what you will.

20. Post
    Great game, some amazing writing and roleplaying moments. I felt the ending was a bit weak though.

21. Post
    How long is it taking you guys to finish?

22. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Took me 33hrs to finish one playthrough and I was pretty thorough.

23. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    25 hours for me

24. Post
    I'm 23 hours in, day 5, feels like end is near.