1. Post

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC: What specs do we assume this will need?

I currently have:
    i5 4670k
    Radeon 7970 Ghz Edition
    Maybe 8gb of ram? (can't remember lol).

Have been playing it on xBoxOneX, but the temptation of Rockstar games on PC has me looking at upgrades. What sort of beef do you think we will need for 60+ FPS at 1080p, and again for 1440p!!?

2. Post
    Relatively similar specs to GTA V, I would've thought.

3. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    A huge step up from gta v

4. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    Heck no - RDR2 graphics is a big upgrade

I'd guess for 1080p 60fps you want gtx1660ti/rx590
    1440p 60fps you want a GTX 1080/Radeon 5700/RTX2060
    4K 60fps you want a RTX2080/RTX2080ti/gtx1080ti

This is for max settings no sacrifices

5. Post
    Sit back and chill, they'll reveal the system requirements day after tomorrow.
    System specs will be revealed on October 9, when pre-orders open.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ses/ar-AAIjsBR

6. Post
    i will wait to see if they fixed the fiddly control system before i purchase. might save be from having to murder half the town everytime i want to mount up on the horse.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i will wait to see if they fixed the fiddly control system before i purchase. might save be from having to murder half the town everytime i want to mount up on the horse.
    Never had that issue.
    Maybe you're not good at gaming? *shrug*

8. Post
    Heh. I recall fumbling the controls a little bit when I started and shot a couple of people when trying to talk.

9. Post
    The controls and animations are definitely a bit annoying, it happen when switching animations - like getting on/off horse or getting in/out of cover etc

10. Post
    It's not even out yet and i think i'm already sick of it being used as the go to performance benchmark in hardware reviews

11. Post

12. Post
    jords wrote:
    Never had that issue.
    Maybe you're not good at gaming? *shrug*
    The fiddly controls were the biggest issues for most gamers. Just because you like it doesnt make it flawless lol.

13. Post
    I didn't mind the controls but most of it was due to how sluggish everything felt. The horse controls felt a tad off though. I was always crashing into stagecoaches

14. Post
    Fake news, these are just estimated system requirements.

SirGrim wrote:

15. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I didn't mind the controls but most of it was due to how sluggish everything felt. The horse controls felt a tad off though. I was always crashing into stagecoaches
    Tried turning off the huge dead zones on the sticks?

16. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    This is my biggest issue with the game. It takes ages to do anything because just walking around in the game feels like your moving a ton of bricks I kept thinking my controller was failing the first time I played it

17. Post
    It's when games try to be "realistic" by adding delay timers to animation inputs along with slow animations - the effect is the character the player controls feels slow, heavy and unresponsive - but at least it feels "realistic" uh... no thanks

18. Post
    The whole thing where your weapons get automatically holstered in your saddle when you jump on your horse was ****en retarded. Was shit jumping off going into battle only to find out you only have a pistol on you Was so unnecessary & another prime example of realism hurting the experience.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    The whole thing where your weapons get automatically holstered in your saddle when you jump on your horse was ****en retarded. Was shit jumping off going into battle only to find out you only have a pistol on you Was so unnecessary & another prime example of realism hurting the experience.
    Thanks for reminding me - almost forgot how annoying it was to have to check every 5 minutes to make sure Sam still had his guns on him.