Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

  1. Post
    #26
    I'm more a "no, maybe. Can you repeat the question?" man.

    What was the situation/question? Could your question be interpreted as a stupid question?

  2. Post
    #27
    I'm a 'don't take orders orders very well, self employed' man.

  3. Post
    #28
    Man it must suck to work with money as the driving factor. Ugh.

  4. Post
    #29
    Bobs wrote:
    Man it must suck to work with money as the driving factor. Ugh.
    I mean, it might be nice to cut out the middle man and just get paid in beer, but money is so versatile.

  5. Post
    #30
    GaR wrote:
    I mean, it might be nice to cut out the middle man and just get paid in beer, but money is so versatile.
    Hypocrites they are, IRD called the cops last time I went in there and sloshed a third of my beer onto their counter.

  6. Post
    #31
    back when I worked in Org D, some managers were advised to push people out by bringing in a team leader etc that was an ass/made people's life difficult to save on redundancy costs.

    anyway it sounds like you're dealing with hierachical thinker type. so your best bet is to be a yes man on the surface, and then ask/talk about the right things, so he fosters the conclusions for what you want 'on his own'

    so for example if you want to know why you are doing something you don't ask him why you are doing it, you discuss a team member or project, where he connects the dots that you need to know more or there will be a problem, and he will discuss with you more.

  7. Post
    #32
    Timmi wrote:
    back when I worked in Org D, some managers were advised to push people out by bringing in a team leader etc that was an ass/made people's life difficult to save on redundancy costs.
    I saw a fair bit of this in 2008/2009 during the GFC when organisations wanted to cut costs. Start creating unreasonable
    expectations for the newest staff in the hopes they would resign. In the instances I saw it definitely seemed targeted at people who were too young or inexperienced to know their employment rights (and young women also seemed like particularly easy targets for psychological pressure).

  8. Post
    #33
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    I'm more a "no, maybe. Can you repeat the question?" man.

    What was the situation/question? Could your question be interpreted as a stupid question?
    Reminded me of Malcolm in the Middle

  9. Post
    #34
    *nods*


  10. Post
    #35
    M0F0 wrote:
    If you speak the same way you post, I imagine you would struggle in most work places.
    That's unfair, chaos follows him.

  11. Post
    #36
    JC wrote:
    That's unfair, chaos follows him.
    oh god. cringe. hahhaha
    but worth it.

  12. Post
    #37
    Not sure if Im a yes man but generally try to do what Im supposed to be there for. Just had to leave a job where the employer handled it in a way that an employment tribunal would look very dimly at. After writing a lovely email mentioning "personal grievance", they offered to pay me financial compensation greater than what I requested, to which I accepted.