1. Smile

Good replacement for Spark/Huawei HG659b router?

So my unit is acting up and dying after 2 years and 3 months. Have determined that it must be the router because 3 days ago, all devices in the house would start having connection issue. 3 days ago, a reset every 4-5 hours would solve the problem. Then it came to every 2-3 hours. Now needing a reset every 15 minutes, sometimes even a reset will not work and will have to leave it off for half an hour. The WLAN, Internet, or both would take turn at not working.

Any good recommendation for a modem-router that is a drop-in?
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

2. Post
    Just get another one either off trademe for dirt cheap or get one from ISP for free if you sign up for another 12 months potentially. I say this because I have ISP one that has been running 3 years fine now, and they are cheap on trademe.

3. Post
    I'd grab one of the latest Nighthawk routers they seem pretty stable for me. I never liked the huawei routers and couldn't be bothered going back to spark and getting a replacement.

4. Post
    side question : what are the slingshot routers like I be getting fiber in Dec.Something Something you have to use the SS router with their phone services.

5. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd grab one of the latest Nighthawk routers they seem pretty stable for me. I never liked the huawei routers and couldn't be bothered going back to spark and getting a replacement.
    Are they the ones with like 5 antennas lol

6. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    Are they the ones with like 5 antennas lol
    Yup, They look a tad out of place but hey you're not really getting them for their looks

7. Post
    If you don't want to spend much, I would grab another HG659 off trademe.

Don't worry about the ISP branding, you can flash the firmware easily.

I got given one for free, it's Vodafone branded but now has BigPipe firmware.

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Yup, They look a tad out of place but hey you're not really getting them for their looks
    Not all netgear's have a bazillion visible antennae - some just look like something from Star Wars

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...wi-fi-6-router