Ideas for cheap-end Bookshelfs?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Ideas for cheap-end Bookshelfs?

Im looking at something like these, small-ish and cheap, and they look like the should ahve decent sound (not many reviews).

But Im not sure if there are other good options out there, willing to spend maybe up to $200.

2. Post
    That looks really good for the price, especially given they're edifier and have a good feature set.

They seem better value than the often recommended Micca MB42X's, and those don't come with a built in amp.

You might be able to find a better deal if you buy used maybe?

3. Post
    PlatinuM195 wrote:
    That looks really good for the price, especially given they're edifier and have a good feature set.

They seem better value than the often recommended Micca MB42X's, and those don't come with a built in amp.

You might be able to find a better deal if you buy used maybe?
    True, having a built in amp is a must have for me as we have very little space due to getting a bigger TV lol

4. Post
    Thanks, I already have a full wharfdale speaker set that I really like, but in this instance looking for a pair of bookshelfs with built in amp for space purposes.

5. Post
    These are great and sometimes go on sale for around $300

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...peakers--black

Otherwise probably something secondhand off trademe will be better value - haven't looked yet though but the market for second hand audio parts is extremely small in NZ

6. Post
    I like how everyone has started linking you to options 3x more expensive than your budget...

7. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I like how everyone has started linking you to options 3x more expensive than your budget...
    Because decent new active speakers for $200 is a tough ask.
    The edifier stuff is probably the best bet like this https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...031737#reviews

8. Post
    if they were available and you had the room I'd say Microlab 6C but they are pretty hard to come by these days, most reviews seem to be pretty positive regarding those Edifiers - if I had access to a retail store I'd probably just ask for a listen on a known track before pulling the trigger.

9. Post
    Still rocking my microlab 6C's from like 9 years ago haha

10. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Still rocking my microlab 6C's from like 9 years ago haha
    I think they are pretty solid for the money, I enjoy them that much I got a 2nd hand set about 6 months back as a spare/surround and some 7Cs for the TV

11. Post
    I don't know the sound quality but I read on digitaltrends that you can pair up the pioneer MRX-3 wireless speaker
    "A future firmware update will allow two speakers to pair via FireConnect and operate in stereo mode, and will also bring support for DTS Play-Fi"
    6 months ago these were over $600 but they're currently on special for $99 at AV World, for that price I bought one purely out of curiosity to see what kind of sound it has.

12. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    I don't know the sound quality but I read on digitaltrends that you can pair up the pioneer MRX-3 wireless speaker
    6 months ago these were over $600 but they're currently on special for $99 at AV World, for that price I bought one purely out of curiosity to see what kind of sound it has.
    Out of stock it seems

13. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Out of stock it seems
    Yeah they were in stock when I posted it, they were in stock until late last night then went out of stock around 11pm, I got mine from Smiths City got them to price match. Oh well, good luck with the search.