1. Post

POSTAL 4: No Regerts (PC)

For great justice, buy now before the pearl clutching grandmas in the Beehive put down the banhammer!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._4_No_Regerts/

2. Post
    Oh wow didn't know this was a thing

FYI: when the commie censor censors stuff don't those bans apply retroactively? As in if this game was banned for sale in NZ it would also be illegal to own a copy?

3. Post
    I thought the last time they put out a Postal game it was a shit fest of a game.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    FYI: when the commie censor censors stuff don't those bans apply retroactively?
    AFAIK yes, just look at how the Chch manifesto was handled. Depends on how adamant they are to enforce it.

Realistically nobody is really going to come after you for owning a relatively normie game. However it's the sort of thing that be treated as a tack-on charge. Eg They doing forensic analysis of your disk drives for Cheese Pizza and happen to find banned games on there too.

5. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I thought the last time they put out a Postal game it was a shit fest of a game.
    They're all awful, except maybe OG Postal. Just another garbage tier game leveraging shock value so that basement dwelling edgelords can gather around and feel like they're being rebellious.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    They're all awful, except maybe OG Postal. Just another garbage tier game leveraging shock value so that basement dwelling edgelords can gather around and feel like they're being rebellious.
    Well said.

7. Post
    This looks like utter dogshit. Who would want to play such a game?

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Postal 3 has been disowned by Running With Scissors and been declared non-canon. The Russian developer/publisher they hired in the late 2000's ran out of money, laid off the dev team and pushed out an unfinished alpha build onto the market. RWS couldn't get the source code to fix the game themselves.

There's a fan patch for Postal 3 floating around. I think I dug it up from some Russian site because someone got butthurt in the community and accused the mod author stealing work, thus it was pulled from the usual places like ModDB.

9. Post
    Looks like the graphics haven't improved since Postal 2. Ditto for the gameplay/shooting mechanics, and they were dated on release.

They'll need to really ratchet up the controversy to 11 and try to cash in on the 'I'm being censored!' crowd, as there's no way they can sell this on the strength of its gameplay.

10. Post
    The game is VERY early access. I went into the police station and it was just an empty shell. Much of the game menus are just place holder text. (It should be noted that this is proper early access, where they're using Steam royalties to fund the development.)

The gameplay sandbox where Postal 2 shined you can already see starting to take form. Probably my favourite weapon that I've found so far is a cage of pigeons which you can use to swarm people.

AFAIK there are three jobs for you to do in this current alpha build. One of them is a sewer level where you're working as a sanitation worker. (There's a reference to the "Sewer Count" gag from Youtuber Civvie11, who has reviewed the rest of Postal games. When you're doing self-aware winking at the audience by going "teehee, we've got a sewer level" still doesn't change the fact that it's a sewer level.) Capturing cats and dogs for a dude is another job. Probably the best of the three is where you're a prison guard and have to deal with escaped prisoners. They give you a stun baton which can be fun to use.

The written humour (eg character dialogue) is very awful. Probably worse than Borderlands and Duke Nukem Forever. None of this is nothing new if you've played Postal 2.

11. Post
    Gary Coleman won't be in this one, RIP.

12. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    This looks like utter dogshit. Who would want to play such a game?
    Me.

13. Post
    Might want to play, not sure but not now, only when it's more polished - it looks very rough right now.

Seems cool in way, but probably only for 60 minutes and then it's uninstall time. I'm more into story games than mindless action.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    This looks like utter dogshit.
    Pick on a very Early Access from a small indie team, classy.

15. Post
    no excuses. only an absolute moron would buy this game in its current state.

- - - Updated - - -

cool thread btw eva

16. Post
    gotta buy postal 4 to own the libs

17. Post
    this is like the opposite of a gillette commercial in terms of performative edginess

18. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    So edgy, did u cut urself

19. Post
    Looks awful! Here's hoping it gets snapped up as a EGS exclusive.

20. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Wouldn't that be the other way around?

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Pick on a very Early Access from a small indie team, classy.
    It looks like a childish piece of shit. Something an edgy 14 year old trying to grow out a patchy beard with three hairs would play in his mothers basement whilst masturbating to anime. Herpity herp herp, I can use a cat as a silencer. Derpity.

I also enjoyed these games when I was 12. Perhaps that's their market.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    So edgy, did u cut urself
    so how many collector's editions did you put yourself down for

23. Post
    This game was a big ****n let down dont buy it i refunded that shit so fast

24. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    This game was a big ****n let down dont buy it i refunded that shit so fast
    Of course a very early alpha game in Early Access is going to be quite lacklustre.

Videos to inform people of the current state of the game:-

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Of course a very early alpha game in Early Access is going to be quite lacklustre.

Videos to inform people of the current state of the game:-
    Brilliant! WAB makes a great case for the game.