1. Post

Anyone got hints on how to talk to ****ing Kiwis when ringing Vodafone?

I rang Vodafone on the 9th of October to cancel my cable (TCL) account.

Today they rang me to query if I also wanted to cancel my Vodafone TV account... ...that I'd cancelled in Feb last year, I thought. Wasn't showing on my bills anyway.

I'm in credit with them, $200 or so, so the Indian lady who rang me transferred me to their Sales team, who said that, due to the lack of notes on their records, they'd process my cancellation from the 25th of October.

At which point, I'm like, what, you guys rang me, today, about my call on the 9th, it's why I'm talking to you now. And they're like "We have no record of that phone call, the last note we have is from May" - which is when I rang them to fix my landline, and they never did.

So the last Indian transferred me to their cancellation teams, and my hold time just eclipsed 1 hour. **** this shit, I just want to talk to someone who knows wtf they're doing.

Any hints? I swear I've talked to Kiwis before when I rang Vodafone in the past.

2. Post
    Sounds like a regular call to Vodafone/Spark/Orcon.

Hint: Don't sign up to any of them ever. Cancel everything and move to someone else who is cheaper and less useless.

3. Post
    call into a shop? Should be able to do stuff like that in the stores.

4. Post
    Vodafone have never been good in that regard. I had to keep chasing them years ago as they kept charging me for internet when I didn't even have a house or connection. They'd say yep no worries we'll sort them. Next month i'd get another bill again... never again.

5. Post
    Hasn't Vodafone transferred most of their phone based team to overseas?

Bet their customers are regretting that - I'd rather pay a couple dollars a month extra to employ kiwis

6. Post
    Good luck with that, Infratil.

7. Post
    good luck with vodafone and canceling.
    3 people i know have a shit show trying to cancel and still get bills from them.
    One person even got a $0.01 credit one day after a year of canceling.

8. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    good luck with vodafone and canceling.
    3 people i know have a shit show trying to cancel and still get bills from them.
    One person even got a $0.01 credit one day after a year of canceling.
    When I signed up to Fibre, they had to transfer me between systems. This meant opening a new account in the new system and closing the old account in the old system. After 1 month I received a two invoices, one from the new and one from the old accounts. I called to complain, so they credited the old account invoice and told me they had now properly closed the account and it won't happen again. I continued to receive $0 invoices from the old account for the next 3 months before they just stopped...

9. Post
    Konev wrote:
    call into a shop? Should be able to do stuff like that in the stores.
    Yeah I might do that mate.

10. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Sounds like a regular call to Vodafone/Spark/Orcon.

Hint: Don't sign up to any of them ever. Cancel everything and move to someone else who is cheaper and less useless.
    I was in Pegasus, there are no other options in Pegasus for internet besides expensive (and shitty as no-one else seems to maintain repeaters there) 4G - no ADSL/VDSL etc.

11. Post
    Had a shit-show cancelling Vodafone myself, took a few months and a couple of attempts to get my credit balance back. Then six months after I thought we were all square and done I started getting bills from them again. The lady I spoke to that final time was very helpful, unlike the previous dozen people.

Oh yeah, the terrible customer service was the reason I cancelled in the first place.