Did an artbook advert just confirm Diablo IV?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    The last truly great release by Blizzard was over a decade ago, why on earth would anyone NOT be skeptical about the company? Particularly when their focus has been on the ever increasing MTX in WoW, cynically monetized Hearthstone and the blatant cash grab which is OWL?

I'm not trying to start shit here, but how on earth can you so consistently and aggressively be out of touch yet act like your opinion is the only one with any credibility at all times ChrisB? The only people left on these forums are also experienced gamers, not some random bozos who got into gaming with some FOTM craze. Why do you always feel the need to act as if you are somehow more informed or experienced and result to passive aggressive attacks?
    The difference is very simple. I am not making any assertion about what will/will not happen. And I am certainly not pitching a fit about it.
    Has the simple fact that saying that I don't see any indication that something will happen is not the same as saying it will not happen. I am literally saying I have no opinion until something is announced or released. I am not out of touch. Unlike so many I am just not making an uneducated assumption.
    People are saying because X has happened from Acti in the past then Y will happen now with Blizzard. My point is that if that is your thinking, why is the history of Blizz doing A not an indication of B happening this time around? Surely both are valid predictions based (again) on the zero information provided.

2. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    I just checked season rankings for d3.
    solo rankings are wizards and necromancers.
    every top 2-4 man teams have necromancers.

could it be? blizzard's dlc is intentionally overpowered?
    Did you also check previous seasons? Actually I know this answer because Wizard and Monk have been top in recent seasons. Or did you stop as soon as you saw something that validated your opinion?
    Ranks change basically every season based on the Season's gear.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    And I am certainly not pitching a fit about it.
    Maybe not, but you are you only person sinking to insults and personal attacks. Everyone else is being perfectly polite.

ChrisB wrote:
    why is the history of Blizz doing A not an indication of B happening this time around?
    If you read the thread no one has said Diablo won't be a massive hit and it won't be produced to a high value. Those are the things that Blizzard is known for and based on that history we can set our expectations that that will happen again.
    If we were talking pre-2008, that is where the conversation would end. However now we are talking "Activision Blizzard", so we can set our expectations based on both of those companies.

Bobby Kotick (Activision CEO) quotes:
    "We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."
    "really rewards profit and nothing else." (Concerning Kotick's incentive program for Activision employees)
    "And Tony, you know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further."

There was also the widely reported patents filed by Activision for multi-player monetization. That is matching players by items you can sell rather than any of the standard metrics like location, play style or power levels. Or more obnoxiously to increase the difficulty level based on purchasing history so games become pay to win but hidden behind the game engine. These types of tactics will be applied to full price games, not just the free to play where monetization is understandable.

We known what Activision does. We know where their focus is, and we know that Diablo gameplay wise is absolutely ripe for this kind of thing. We might get lucky and Blizzard manage to give Activision the finger, but Activision is the boss so it seems unlikely.
    Will the microtransactions be small and easily ignored or in your face annoying? Will they intentional cut pieces for DLC? Will they have on disc DLC or loot boxes? At this stage we have no idea, but having already seen what they did to Guitar hero, Overwatch, Diablo mobile and CoD amongst otheres, we should certainly be setting our expectations accordingly.

4. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Did you also check previous seasons? Actually I know this answer because Wizard and Monk have been top in recent seasons. Or did you stop as soon as you saw something that validated your opinion?
    Ranks change basically every season based on the Season's gear.
    Season 17

Solo Hardcore #1 - Necromancer
    Solo Softcore - About 50/50 with wizards, 8 out of 20 top spots

2 player - Top spots in both soft/hard held by necro/barb

3 player necro holding the top spots, pretty much all the teams have necro

4 player - can't even tell because 2/3 players of top 10 teams on softcore are banned

5. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    Season 17

Solo Hardcore #1 - Necromancer
    Solo Softcore - About 50/50 with wizards, 8 out of 20 top spots

2 player - Top spots in both soft/hard held by necro/barb

3 player necro holding the top spots, pretty much all the teams have necro

4 player - can't even tell because 2/3 players of top 10 teams on softcore are banned
    Last season I played was over a year ago and up til that point I played every season to get the Season set. And not once was Necro obviously dominant. As I said they cycle as new sets and items are released for each season.
    So your potential conspiracy theory holds no water. Basically if there was a concern Rhykker would have screamed down the house about it. And he's said nothing. And he is pretty much the best source of D3 info and build details. Check him out.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Rhykker/videos

I don't claim to be an expert, but Necro is just another class. Nothing more.