Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Just sold my ultra wide 100hz strix on trade me to fund an upgrade I wanted to get on the sales this weekend and the numpty that won it can’t afford to pay for it until he gets his Xmas cash from family! Wtf... what a fckwit

2. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    Just sold my ultra wide 100hz strix on trade me to fund an upgrade I wanted to get on the sales this weekend and the numpty that won it can’t afford to pay for it until he gets his Xmas cash from family! Wtf... what a fckwit
    Nothing like living beyond your means and expecting everyone to work around you. (The buyer that is).

3. Post
    Exactly! It pisses me off this idiot expects me to work around him. I requested a non refundable deposit which he obliged, wasn’t much but at least I’ll get something out of this if he fcks me around any further.

Oh good luck getting the monitor shipped and delivered over the Xmas break.

4. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    until he gets his Xmas cash from family!
    Lol at expecting family to give you cash for christmas.

5. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Good idea. Might do the same. Just start a new account every time I want to sell something. Those listing fees already more than enough profit for the service provided.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Just make sure to use a different credit card for each account as they will tag your card and if you open a new account on the same card they will take that money towards your debt.

6. Post
    Daynger wrote:
    Just make sure to use a different credit card for each account as they will tag your card and if you open a new account on the same card they will take that money towards your debt.
    You need as many credit cards as you have accounts.

7. Post
    They are horrendous to deal with - i had a big run in with a group of their "Trust and Safety" team.

I listed some stuff when they had a "No success fee" weekend - a phone, xbox etc - nothing over $300. I got an email shortly after saying that they had restricted my auctions (listed on the No success fee day) to "ensure sellers have the items(s) for sale in their possession".

They restricted the auctions so the buyer could only pay by PING. They must have a system that alerts analysts on a no success fee day, to lock down auctions and make it PING only so they can get some revenue from sales as there is a fee to use PING.

After multiple emails, the manager contacted me and removed all the restrictions and put $20 into my account as a good will gesture.

I had multiple $2000+ laptops for sale on the same TM account, NOT listed on the no success fee day.

8. Post
    TM have to be one of the shittest companies to deal with now. I used to buy and sell a fair bit of hunting and shooting equipment there but once they started collecting firearms licence numbers when even just asking questions on certain auctions I haven't used them since. I don't trust them to keep that information safe, I avoid them at all costs.

9. Post
    mike4de wrote:
    They are horrendous to deal with - i had a big run in with a group of their "Trust and Safety" team.
    Or you just hit some sort of internal cap for total value of concurrent items listed which required manual approval by TM and you were just unlucky. Had you ever had the same value of goods available beforehand?

10. Post
    > "No success fee" weekend

I definetly listed several items during that and wasn't restricted to PING, maybe you triggered an internal anti-theft or anti-fraud policy?

11. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    Or you just hit some sort of internal cap for total value of concurrent items listed which required manual approval by TM and you were just unlucky. Had you ever had the same value of goods available beforehand?
    Yup, i relist sometimes $5000 worth of laptops at a time, sometimes more.

Ballistica wrote:
    > "No success fee" weekend

I definetly listed several items during that and wasn't restricted to PING, maybe you triggered an internal anti-theft or anti-fraud policy?
    Yeah, triggered something on their side

12. Post
    Man their sorting algorithm is absolute trash.

Look at this madness:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...hVPrb-ZzNIvBzY

Look, it's simple TradeMe.

ORDER BY [field] ASC/DESC

You don't even need to put the ASC part and it will still do it correctly.

13. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Man their sorting algorithm is absolute trash.

Look at this madness:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...hVPrb-ZzNIvBzY

Look, it's simple TradeMe.

ORDER BY [field] ASC/DESC

You don't even need to put the ASC part and it will still do it correctly.
    I just hate how badly organised all the categories are, even filtering down to a very specific group, you still get loads of $1 chinese auction spam for something thats only vaguely associated with what ever you are after.

14. Post
    HATYGA wrote:
    I had a personal account for selling home stuff and a business account that I sold business things through (for obvious reasons). They've blocked them both saying you can't operate two accounts. **** them.
    Really? I have a personal account and a "in trade" account. Never been told I can't operate two accounts but I did get both of them suspended when I was selling "in trade related items" on the personal account (was actually by accident). If you have previously tried to bend the rules in anyway, your accounts obviously get flagged and they try get you for absolutely anything.

15. Post
    In the middle of another clean out, selling/sold a dozen or so items. Two complete time wasters so far. One guy organised a time to pick up, then never showed. Two days later he emails as was "oh yeah! sorry mate I forgot. I'll come tomorrow morning just let me know a time". So I give him a time - never heard from him again. That was a couple of weeks ago. The other was less infuriating - just no contact at all. The sale went though a week and half ago - will give a little leeway due to the holidays, but still... emails are easy, folks. Sending the ****ing things.

16. Post
    Whats with the random link to omegle?

Ah. Spambot. Copied the last line of the OPs post and snuck in a link.

17. Post
    I listed "Phone - Faulty" on facebook with more description of the problem. I had so many numpties messaging me for it thinking it was perfectly fine and selling for super cheap. That's where I find trademe better as it filters out a lot of those people and stupid low ballers. $300 monitor - "Oh bro $100?".

18. Post
    I find Facebook Marketplace terrible when selling. Rather pay TM fees than deal with time wasters.

19. Post
    ticallista wrote:
    I find Facebook Marketplace terrible when selling. Rather pay TM fees than deal with time wasters.
    Yep, Facebook Marketplace sucks for its own unique reasons. It's basically a lesser of two evils scenario and each is the lesser for different reasons.

Facebook Marketplace is full of garbage people and garbage listings. TradeMe is a garbage company with mostly good people and listings (although the latter is worse now than it used to be).

The people are the worst part of Facebook Marketplace.
    TradeMe is the worst part of TradeMe.

20. Post
    Friend of mine worked for TM, the bureaucracy prevented their team of dedicated developers from fixing things that were ****ing the customer experience - like the shitty sorting order. Apparently it had always been somewhat like that, but has gotten significantly worse under the new private equity owners.