1. Post

2020 hatchbacks

What are your guys thoughts on the new Hatchback range for 2020?

Volkswagen Golf Mk8

Like: Rear and side lines are cleaner, updated interior and tech, LED lights and digital gauges as standard

Dislike: Front!!! The headlights sits too low and makes the car look grumpy and sleepy. The design looks like the previs gen Toyota corolla.
    Interior is almost buttonless - volume and climate controls are on a stupid slider. Silly gear stick which is about the size of your thumb...

Toyota Yaris

Like: upgraded tech like 10in heads up display as standard, unique styling for an inexpensive car, new platform, new engines (rip trusty old 1nz-fe). Pana roof as an option (EU spec)

Dislike: I wish they painted the front plastic bumper to match the body colour (like on a ford fiesta).

Honda Fit

Like: Really nice interior, type r trim with 1.5L turbo, quite like the new front design amidst all of the angry looking cars (might change)

Dislike: styling (this could change)
    Last edited by gpig; 25th October 2019 at 10:35 pm.

2. Post
    Yawn

3. Post
    2020 and hatchbacks are still not interesting.

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

4. Post
    I still prefer a more sculpted design whereby all the headlights, taillights, grills, etc. all blend into each other.

e.g. my own BMW 300i M-Sport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0479c.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	424.3 KB 
ID:	227568

Modern cars look like each element has its own design head and then they mash it all together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2er_GC_2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	227570
    Last edited by KiwiTT; 26th October 2019 at 11:31 am.

5. Post
    The Jazz weirdly looks about 10 years out of date already!

6. Post
    The golf looks like every other golf. I like the Toyota's styling, especially the tail lights, nice design.

7. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    The Jazz weirdly looks about 10 years out of date already!
    Seriously this.

8. Post
    Other than the headlights, so does the VW.
    Those all look boring, with the Yaris's front looking the best.

9. Post
    the golf has got even more boring. I used to really want a mk6, they are fun to drive, but that latest one completely puts me off.

10. Post
    anyone who likes the front of that honda should be banned from this forum for life!

11. Post
    Its the inside of the jazz thats awesome. Try complaining when with the seats down you have more room than your typical crossover

12. Post
    The Yaris reminds me of an odd new Fiat 500. I want a Dacia Sandero.

13. Post
    That’s just a (even) shittier version of the first gen Nissan Tiida so just grab one of those instead.

14. Post
    Latest Fiesta ST at 35k is very tempting.

15. Post
    The last revision of the Honda jazz looks like shit too. Still a great car if you can look past that. Tbh will consider picking one up in a couple of years. Not really into buying the first year or two of a new model - prefer other people to discover any significant flaws first.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

16. Post
    I can tell you the significant flaw for the current shape Jazz - the infotainment system is hot garbage. You might not think that matters much but you’d be underestimating just how bad it is.

17. Post
    Thought they'd improved it mid life?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk