1. Post

Strange noise coming from back of new 4K TV

Hey guys just noticed this strange noise coming from the back of my new TV near the top of it. Its kind of like a high pitched humming noise & I can notice it from about 2 or 3 metres away. Funny thing is when I turn up the back light to MAX the noise disappears. I could just leave it on MAX but I get eye strain at night so don't really want to put up with this.

I've googled it and it seems quite common.

I'll probably try and exchange it but dont wont to got through all that if the next one is the same.

2. Post
    Anyone? I'll probably just take it back and try and get it exchanged or refunded but not keen on going through the whole rigmarole.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when the backlight isnt turned up to max?

3. Post
    Maybe ask Ludez I think he has the same TV?

Where did you get it from? Harvey told me they will even collect a TV from my house if it needs to be RMA'd.

4. Post
    ok so I exhanged the TV but guess what the new one has the exact same ****en issue lol. I'm thinking this might be actually be normal for this model and they are all like that. I mean how can you have 2 brand new TV's with the exact same issue? Maybe I'm being fussy since the noise doesn't drown out what I'm watching and I'm sure some people would barely notice it but I do. Even when I took it back the staff said that noise was unusual so there must be something wrong with it. Maybe JB have a faulty batch?

Anyways now I'm thinking I'll just take it back and get a full refund. Seems a bit retarded to exchange it yet again when theres propbaly a high chance it will have the same issue once again. Maybe I shouldve stuck with Sony lol.

5. Post
    What brand?

6. Post
    Panasonic(GX700Z). Ludez has a couple of Panasonic TV's but he says they don't have the same issue. Then again I think he has the higher model so it might just be specific to my model

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Panasonic(GX700Z). Ludez has a couple of Panasonic TV's but he says they don't have the same issue. Then again I think he has the higher model so it might just be specific to my model
    Hmmm weird. I've got the fx640z and 740z and none of them have that noise issue at all.

Take it back get a refund and buy an fx model. Or buy another brand

8. Post
    Yeah think I'll just go with a different brand. Aside from this issue I have been a bit disappointed with this TV tbh. I mean the picture quality is sweet but the fact ARC and Viera Link don't work properly with my soundbar and PS4 sux (audio is out of sync when in game mode). Also I really miss the Android OS from my old Sony TV. Miss being able to use all the apps like VLC, Kodi, Crunchyroll etc.

Oh well back to the drawing board lol.

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah think I'll just go with a different brand. Aside from this issue I have been a bit disappointed with this TV tbh. I mean the picture quality is sweet but the fact ARC and Viera Link don't work properly with my soundbar and PS4 sux (audio is out of sync when in game mode). Also I really miss the Android OS from my old Sony TV. Miss being able to use all the apps like VLC, Kodi, Crunchyroll etc.

Oh well back to the drawing board lol.
    Just go Sony then man

10. Post
    Ok so ended up taking the 2nd Panasonic back & getting a full refund since I didnt want to try my luck with a 3rd one and was sick of dicking around. Picked up a Sony X80G from NL for $901

It lacks the higher end features of the Pana like HDR10+ and DolbyVision but at least it doesnt have any annoying noises and it does a good enough job for me.

It's funny how my Panasonic soundbar works better with the Sony TV than it did with a Panasonic one lol. ARC works perfectly now which it didn't with the Pana. Its good having a TV with Android OS again.