The Outer Worlds Review

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I know it's a PS4 review but as per your texture pop in comment
    You can fix almost all of it by editing the game's config.ini file on PC to make textures load further out (obviously Though this has a performance reduction for a visual gain)

3. Post
    Excellent review. I pretty much agree with all the things!
    I wish that PC code was available for review, but super happy you took the reigns.

PC is objectively better (which is why I did not want to review on console).
    Load times are snappy (M.2 drive) on PC lasting a few seconds at most.
    Pop-in was the first thing I .ini edited to correct and has had minimal impact on performance.
    And once I removed mouse acceleration (why is this still a thing in this engine?) KB+Mouse is easily the best way to play.

GOAT? Maybe.

4. Post
    cant say I noticed weapon degradation

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Excellent review. I pretty much agree with all the things!
    I wish that PC code was available for review, but super happy you took the reigns.

PC is objectively better (which is why I did not want to review on console).
    Load times are snappy (M.2 drive) on PC lasting a few seconds at most.
    Pop-in was the first thing I .ini edited to correct and has had minimal impact on performance.
    And once I removed mouse acceleration (why is this still a thing in this engine?) KB+Mouse is easily the best way to play.

GOAT? Maybe.
    Thanks Chris, had an amazing time with it! Easily one of, if not my favourite games this year.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I know it's a PS4 review but as per your texture pop in comment
    You can fix almost all of it by editing the game's config.ini file on PC to make textures load further out (obviously Though this has a performance reduction for a visual gain)
    If only I had a gaming rig

7. Post
    With all the trash some of the major companies try to push on the audience these days it's nice to get something with a bit of quality to it without the whiff of microtransactions or poorly implemented live service screwing it up.

Enjoying it, nice work Obsidian.

8. Post
    Kog wrote:
    cant say I noticed weapon degradation
    Only on Supernova difficulty.