Ubisoft outlines plans to get Ghost Recon Breakpoint back on track

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I wish I had your open minded opinion of what Ubisoft is up to - given recent events like Anthem's roadmap saying I'm not optimistic is an understatement.

I am highly dubious that Ubisoft (or many other major game publishers and some developers) is taking player feedback to heart now considering they obviously didn't when implementing the grind-play loop and monetization shown in this title.

I also don't really see the interconnect between "authentic military experience" and Breakpoint - looting bland ranked weapons and armor, paying for items/improvements/less grind through microtransactions and braindead AI pathing - the list goes on.

I find it hard to see where this improves on Wildlands now or in the future.

3. Post
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure they can fix issues that seem to be at the foundation of the game. I'm still having fun with it in co-op with a buddy, but it's his first console game in over a decade so I'm kind of living vicariously through his excitement.

They should start by ditching the MTX nonsense...

4. Post
    You can guarantee patch 1.03 was already planned and has nothing to do with the negative feedback. They rushed the game and would have had a ton of play testers give feedback long before launch. Its just a case of prioritising the most critical in the limited time allowed and catch up on the rest after release.

5. Post
    Bit of a shame really. I quite enjoyed Wildlands and was hoping to pick this up soon. I think I'll hold off for a bit.