1. Post

Need some new headphone ideas

Used the Audio Technica ATH-M50 for a while, was decent performance wise but got uncomfortable on my large head for long sessions. broke where the headband joins the cups after a year or so

Now using Beyerdynamic DT770, happy with performance and I'd rate it 7.5/10 for comfort but broke where the headband joins the cups after a year or so. Purchased replacement parts, now those are giving out again.

Time for an upgrade:
    • Must be super comfy for my large head
    • Must be robust enough so it doesnt ****ing break where the headband joins the cups
    • Subjective performance must equal or better the DT770
    • Must have valour pads

Not terribly fussed about technical specs or budget (lets not go above $750), main thing is I want good audio and comfort even at 5 hours of continuous use

Used with my PC's onboard sound

2. Post
    You won't find anything thats a lot sturdier than Beyers. If you want to try a different headband design Audio-Technica might be worth a shot. Their earpads are definitely bigger.

3. Post
    Phillips Fidelio X2s, currently on sale on Amazon. Comfy for me, better sound quality than the Sein 6XXs. They are quite large though so that may put you off.

4. Post
    Looks like exactly what I was after, ordered. churz!