Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I fear I might be in the "this is a boring walking simulator" crowd. But I'll wait till more gameplay videos emerge to judge

3. Post
    "Will be too slow for many."

Sadly, I think this will be me.

4. Post
    F**k me, that came out of left field! Interest is peaked!

5. Post
    Jesus 10/10

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Jesus 10/10
    Yet, look at how long the list of negatives is.

7. Post
    Yeah, but on the balance of it, Billy obviously feels the positives far outweigh the negatives, to the point that it deserves a 10 *shrug*. I'm fine with that.

8. Post
    Look at your “downs” and how can you in good conscience give a 10 is beyond me... a review is a naturally subjective experience but would you be ok with someone giving this a 0 for the same reasons? I mean u write that it isn’t fun... wtf... and then you cum in your pants because it is a H.K. game... fanboy drivel...

9. Post
    reviews for this are all very divided. lots of 10/10's and 5/5 stars but also a lot of 7/10's and 3/5 star reviews. It seems the opinion on this from the reviews is you end up really liking the game or you hate it because of the repetitive nature of the game. I know it gets said a lot but it definitely seems like this is a game that won't be for everyone.

10. Post
    esoj wrote:
    reviews for this are all very divided. lots of 10/10's and 5/5 stars but also a lot of 7/10's and 3/5 star reviews. It seems the opinion on this from the reviews is you end up really liking the game or you hate it because of the repetitive nature of the game. I know it gets said a lot but it definitely seems like this is a game that won't be for everyone.
    Not too many under 6/10 at least

Just this one who gave it 3/10

https://stevivor.com/reviews/death-s...-dead-arrival/

11. Post
    SodaBoy wrote:
    Look at your €œdowns€ and how can you in good conscience give a 10 is beyond me... a review is a naturally subjective experience but would you be ok with someone giving this a 0 for the same reasons? I mean u write that it isn€™t fun... wtf... and then you cum in your pants because it is a H.K. game... fanboy drivel...
    Signed up to post that? You seem a bit triggered

12. Post
    Guess we will all find out when we play it. Looks good though, still unsure what the heck it is though

13. Post
    We'll probably have to wait at least 3-6 months after release before we start hearing a more honest general consensus, not blinded by fanboyism (and shilling to maintain access journalism connections).

Remember Bioshock Infinite? Praised to the heavens by critics, fallen down the collective memory hole since then. It suffered from shallow, dumbed down gameplay systems for a CoD audience and world building logic that falls apart with the slightest gust of wind.

14. Post
    Just read a ton of reviews....... and still NFI what it really is or whether I'll like it. It may be a bit too obtuse for me, but I'm thinking I might give it a crack. Price match the cheapest at EB so I can take it back if it turns out to be a bunch of arse.

15. Post
    the repetitiveness of this is probably;y gonna make me not bother sadly, IGN gave it a 7 and thats ****en IGN who you thought would be wankwankwank all over this.

16. Post
    ChrisB will you be doing a review of the PC port next year? Would be interested to hear your take.

17. Post
    Another awesome review. Dude you're a machine, 3 reviews in as many days!

Valeyard wrote:
    ChrisB will you be doing a review of the PC port next year? Would be interested to hear your take.
    I would be keen to do tackle the PC version for sure. I likely won't be delving into the console version at this time as real life is pretty full on atm. So maybe I'll hold off until the PC version drops.

18. Post
    Interesting. I really wasn't looking forward to much until March and April 2020, so I've got the time to try this out for myself.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    We'll probably have to wait at least 3-6 months after release before we start hearing a more honest general consensus, not blinded by fanboyism (and shilling to maintain access journalism connections).

Remember Bioshock Infinite? Praised to the heavens by critics, fallen down the collective memory hole since then. It suffered from shallow, dumbed down gameplay systems for a CoD audience and world building logic that falls apart with the slightest gust of wind.
    I have to agree. Exclusives on ps seem to get overwhelming fanboyism. Look at days gone for example.

20. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I have to agree. Exclusives on ps seem to get overwhelming fanboyism. Look at days gone for example.
    Death stranding isn't a PlayStation exclusive

21. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Days Gone? You mean the game that was given a middling critical response?
    Also one of my favourite games of the year.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment necessarily, but Days Gone is not a good example.

22. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Days Gone? You mean the game that was given a middling critical response?
    Also one of my favourite games of the year.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment necessarily, but Days Gone is not a good example.
    Iirc it was getting 8/9 out of 10 at release. I enjoyed the game for sure but wasnt what was being portrayed by reviews

23. Post
    just a reminder, warlords of draenor got 9.5/10 on gp

24. Post
    Easy Allies gave this an 8/10. Sounds boring af to me. Not keen on playing Fedex Simulator 2019. Definitely not my type of game so a big pass from me.

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Iirc it was getting 8/9 out of 10 at release. I enjoyed the game for sure but wasnt what was being portrayed by reviews
    Sadly your recollection is really off here. There were no 9's or 10's when it released. It may have gotten a couple a few days in but they were few and far between.
    The game has a 71 on both Metacritic and Open Critic.

Reviews are subjective assessments of a players enjoyment of a game. Nothing more. Sometimes fandom influences that enjoyment. That's human and expected. It is also not something inherently negative or even wrong. I for instance don't understand the overwhelming love for Breath of the Wild, but it's a common held assessment from fans of that series. So it's not wrong, it's just very different from my views on the game.
    Dismissing an opinion of something as subjective as a game is frankly bullshit imo.

serious>klown wrote:
    just a reminder, warlords of draenor got 9.5/10 on gp
    Just a reminder, GP is not a single entity. There are many people who contribute and each has their own unique opinion.
    If you don't like a review or opinion presented in one, that's cool. You're welcome to disagree and explain why if you want o. Just remember it's an opinion, and think about how you'd feel if someone flippantly dismissed yours. Or attempted to undermine it by making claims of dishonesty, or a lack of integrity. We put our real names on these.
    We all take our time to play and assess these games and then present our opinions of them. All we ask is that you respect the opinions given, nothing more.