Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    just a reminder, warlords of draenor got 9.5/10 on gp
    Warcraft expansions usually get high scores on most review sites I don't see what's different??

Reviewing an MMO is hard anyway since to get a full picture you'd need to play it for like 6 months and not 1 week

2. Post
    So many negatives for what is meant to be a 10/10?

The fact that IGN of all ****ing places gave this a 6.8 while it's getting a 10 here with a long list of negatives seems a bit off.

3. Post
    Not sure if it's still but at least as of last night this Gameplanet review was at the top of Metacritic So everyone saw it.

So I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that some people don't like your review

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...review_thread/

And EDGE magazine effectively has no score, the reviewer said he got so bored playing the game he just stopped so EDGE will not publish a review because the NDA with Kojima says reviews can only be published after completing the game. So if you think the game sucks and you don't finish it, you can't publish a review. This effectively is limiting the number of negative review you will see for the game.

https://twitter.com/nathan_brown/sta...htmode%3Dfalse
    Last edited by SirGrim; 2nd November 2019 at 1:10 pm.

4. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:

The fact that IGN of all ****ing places gave this a 6.8 while it's getting a 10 here with a long list of negatives seems a bit off.
    That's' the thing though, reviews are just ONE person's opinion.

I usually won't just watch or follow one review, but multiple, and watch heaps of gameplay, and If I like what I see, I'll try it, regardless of reviews. All things won't be to everyone's taste, which I think is why this game, in particular, is so divisive.

5. Post
    A lot of the negative reviews read like if people who only liked action films decided to review a David Lynch film, then wrote it off as tedious and pretentious because it's not Die Hard (as if every work should cater to every audience).

6. Post
    Man the reviews are kinda putting me off eh. This honestly seems like one of those games where you could maybe get away with watching the cutscenes on youtube. I want to give it a go but maybe not at full price. Might wait for a sale. May just get the new Need for Speed instead.

7. Post
    This needs a demo released, its just too unique to easily get a feel for the experience, really needs a try before you buy.

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Man the reviews are kinda putting me off eh. This honestly seems like one of those games where you could maybe get away with watching the cutscenes on youtube. I want to give it a go but maybe not at full price. Might wait for a sale. May just get the new Need for Speed instead.
    I've decided I'm just going to watch a play through.

9. Post
    Wertbag wrote:
    This needs a demo released, its just too unique to easily get a feel for the experience, really needs a try before you buy.
    I kinda feel a demo would be a hindrance to sales for this type of game. Many people won't like the game, however some of those may feel compelled to buy it anyway just out of interest because it's something new and different. It's harder to imagine someone who enjoy the game, but is still on the fence about buying it.

So in this particular instance I think not having a demo leads to higher sales.

10. Post
    I see a lot of people calling it Amazon Delivery Service: The Game. Everything about it looks so tedious, It looks about as much fun as the walking between mission markers in Steep was.

11. Post
    is it meant to be fun tho lol

12. Post
    Only Kojima could make a 200 million dollar budget game about a delivery man lol.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    We'll probably have to wait at least 3-6 months after release before we start hearing a more honest general consensus, not blinded by fanboyism (and shilling to maintain access journalism connections).

Remember Bioshock Infinite? Praised to the heavens by critics, fallen down the collective memory hole since then. It suffered from shallow, dumbed down gameplay systems for a CoD audience and world building logic that falls apart with the slightest gust of wind.

I loved Bioshock Infinite.

14. Post
    darryn wrote:
    I loved Bioshock Infinite.
    Quick everyone! Let's profess our love and fond memories for the epic game that is Bioshock Infinite just to wind up Eva

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Another awesome review. Dude you're a machine, 3 reviews in as many days!
    Thanks so much Chris! Don't think I've ever had to game as much as I have these last few weeks!

DOGZILLA wrote:

Those negatives are pretty small IMO. The amount the game did right and the impact it has left on me is the driving force behind the score and I stand by it 100%. I totally get that a lot of people will hate it but like I said in the review, it is just my opinion

SodaBoy wrote:
    Look at your “downs” and how can you in good conscience give a 10 is beyond me... a review is a naturally subjective experience but would you be ok with someone giving this a 0 for the same reasons? I mean u write that it isn’t fun... wtf... and then you cum in your pants because it is a H.K. game... fanboy drivel...
    I think I'd be pretty happy if you gave the game a 0/10 tbh... as I said in the review "It will understandably have its detractors, and there is nothing wrong with that. Life would be dull if we all loved the same things." but I guess you'd have to actually read it to take away anything other than blind rage at a disagreeing opinion :P

Stay positive and keep doing you!
    Last edited by IamtheB.Atman; 5th November 2019 at 8:39 am.

16. Post
    Kojima comments on criticisms, thinks the reason the game got bad reviews is that it flies above US/western shooting games.

He's trying to deflect criticism by saying the game isn't bad, it's just most US/western gamers have short attention spans because all they do is play call of duty.

https://wccftech.com/kojima-death-st...bove-shooters/
    Last edited by SirGrim; 11th November 2019 at 1:36 pm.

17. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:

if IGN gave that, then its probably like a 4