Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    For all the complaints about D3, it had easily the funnest actual gameplay of all 3, and the skills were really well thought out/imaginative.

2. Post
    The problem with so many modern games is that they are too multiplayer focused. What the hell is wrong with playing a game with a strong narrative focus? I couldn't give a raccoons right arsehole about "seasons" and "ladders". I don't care if I'm more leet than some 13 year old boy from Oslo.

Guess I'm just old.

3. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Quite insane the difference in hype between D3's release and D4's. Could not care less about D4, while I scoured the internet for any D3 information for years before it came out.

D3 ended up being a really fun game; D4 just seems like they took all of the boring D3 criticism (it's too bright etc.) to heart and made a game for the reddit whiners. Boring.
    I think PoE has already scratched peoples backs and satisfied them enough to not be super hyped about this.

4. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    For all the complaints about D3, it had easily the funnest actual gameplay of all 3, and the skills were really well thought out/imaginative.
    If they can combine the smoothness and gameplay of three with the systems and mechanics of two then it will be pretty nice.

5. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    The problem with so many modern games is that they are too multiplayer focused. What the hell is wrong with playing a game with a strong narrative focus? I couldn't give a raccoons right arsehole about "seasons" and "ladders". I don't care if I'm more leet than some 13 year old boy from Oslo.

Guess I'm just old.

Diablo 2 was multiplayer focused, though...

6. Post
    Bobs wrote:

Guess I'm just old.
    Diablo was focused on the then new Battle.net, and Diablo II was always targeted as a multiplayer game.
    Both had excellent single player story modes, but they were multiplayer at their core.