Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Man I'm such a flip flopper lol. I'm looking at this now since its pre-built and I dont have to wait until its put together. Also having second thoughts over getting an AMD GPU cos of the potential driver issues. What do you guys think of this:

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...ctor-gaming-pc

2. Post
    seems good, pretty much component cost + bit of labour,
    cpu/ram/gfx is probably around ~$1800-1900 in parts.

just wanted to point out it says no stock coolers but it uses stock amd cooler haha

3. Post
    As far as I know AMD drivers are pretty good these days. The interface is a lot better than Nvidias too.

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Man I'm such a flip flopper lol. I'm looking at this now since its pre-built and I dont have to wait until its put together. Also having second thoughts over getting an AMD GPU cos of the potential driver issues. What do you guys think of this:

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...ctor-gaming-pc
    System seems decently balanced, and has a 2070 Super that is faster than the 5700 XT you were thinking of getting. IMO you shouldn't be spending $2.6k and only getting 500GB of SSD storage, though. It should have at least a 1TB SSD in it, or some spinning rust to keep your game library on.

serious>klown wrote:
    seems good, pretty much component cost + bit of labour,
    cpu/ram/gfx is probably around ~$1800-1900 in parts.

just wanted to point out it says no stock coolers but it uses stock amd cooler haha
    Also uses a garbage tier Corsair VS PSU. Corsair makes some great PSUs (the last three I've bought were Corsair) but the VS series is not one of them. This is another area that I'd say should be considered for a swap-out. $90 more would get you an RM650 that is fully modular, Gold+ certified, and has a 10-year warranty. The VS has a 3-year warranty on it - truly an indication of how crappy it is.

5. Post
    azarat wrote:

Also uses a garbage tier Corsair VS PSU. Corsair makes some great PSUs (the last three I've bought were Corsair) but the VS series is not one of them. This is another area that I'd say should be considered for a swap-out. $90 more would get you an RM650 that is fully modular, Gold+ certified, and has a 10-year warranty. The VS has a 3-year warranty on it - truly an indication of how crappy it is.
    Thx for the heads up I wouldn't have known otherwise. I probably should've done more research lol. Anyways I called them up and they're gonna change it.

6. Post
    Least you know its not going to be obsolete after a few years. Im still using my HX620W from 2008.