1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    No longer looks like a dude in a suit, much more in line with the Sonic we know and love!

3. Post
    You have to give them credit for being smashed by the internet, going ok, we ****ed up and then putting out this.

Well done.

edit:
    jesus, that old design...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWtsO6CXmA

4. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    You have to give them credit for being smashed by the internet, going ok, we ****ed up and then putting out this.

Well done.

edit:
    jesus, that old design...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWtsO6CXmA
    I think they did a fantastic job of bringing the design back in line. That initial look was... yeesh.

My biggest concern is that studios become less inclined to try new things and take fresh approaches to existing properties... resulting in recycled stuff that's deemed "safe" and "acceptable."

I don't think the displeasure towards Sonic was a vocal minority this time, so hopefully this is where the whole thing ends, and we don't have fan petitions every time a beloved character is "ruined."

5. Post
    Although the piss-take images people made following the original unveiling were pretty hilarious, I'm not ashamed to admit this.

6. Post
    I'll go see this since they listened to the fans. It'll probably be a pile of shit but whatever.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'll go see this since they listened to the fans. It'll probably be a pile of shit but whatever.
    Is Jim Carrey still funny?

8. Post
    Still looks stupid. Would have been funnier if Jim Carrey was in a fat suit.

9. Post
    arr wrote:
    Still looks stupid. Would have been funnier if Jim Carrey was in a fat suit.
    Spoiler:

I think he looks great now. They really needed to keep his original design and glad they saw this.

10. Post
    I liked the original design tbh.