1. Post

EKWB Phoenix opinions

Hiya all,

So, from the top, the thermals in my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv are crap.
    The airflow in the case for air cooling just simply isn't great.

I really like the design of the case however, and would rather not change.

So as such, I'm looking at liquid cooling solutions and while I was doing searching I've come across the EKWB Phoenix (modular liquid cooling loop). From what I can see the product is good in terms of cooling capacity and it has the added benefit on being just under $400 delivered for a 240mm rad and pump + CPU block + GPU block to suit my card.

It is however on clearance and obviously this means it's EOL.

So I'm here to ask for opinions of the Phoenix or if you'd go a different route etc?

Cheers

2. Post
    Mod the case to allow better airflow? Only had a quick look on phone, but I'm sure you cut holes and put nice grills over fans etc? Failing that spend the money on getting a better cooling case and sell that one. Fractal make some good flowing ones that look the part

3. Post
    I have a 240 phoenix rad and its all good. Fairly modular in that you can replace the pump if it dies. I disassembled the quick disconnect parts though so I could use their Velocity block. Keeps my 3700x at 50c under load

4. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    I have a 240 phoenix rad and its all good. Fairly modular in that you can replace the pump if it dies. I disassembled the quick disconnect parts though so I could use their Velocity block. Keeps my 3700x at 50c under load
    Don't suppose you're using a graphics card with that rad too?

5. Post
    Im not. Ive run a 6700k and GTX1080 on a single EK XE240 before with acceptable temps. Thats a thicker rad though. Youd probably only get stock cooler type temps with GPU/CPU on a 240 phoenix rad

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Mod the case to allow better airflow? Only had a quick look on phone, but I'm sure you cut holes and put nice grills over fans etc? Failing that spend the money on getting a better cooling case and sell that one. Fractal make some good flowing ones that look the part
    Yeah, I could always try mod it in a way, but the biggest issue is when using for example my STRIX card in that case, there's no real airflow towards the the fans and it just recirculates hot air. Which isn't ideal. Only real option outside of WC, is probably to get a better case.

7. Post
    240 rad for a CPU and GPU in a case with bad airflow is probably a bridge to far. Single exhaust fan in your case, hard task. 40% off atm though so cheap.

The question is really do you send $400 for something that may work or get a new case that will work.