Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Disney+

With the service launching on Tuesday. Will you be cancelling Netflix for Disney+? Or keeping it along side Disney+? What will you be watching first?
    Last edited by Valeyard; 17th November 2019 at 8:55 am.

2. Post
    No.
    Yes.
    Probably mandalorian.

3. Post
    Yeah I'll probably getting it since my missus and daughter will be really into it as well. I'll be keeping Netflix. Only show I care about atm is The Mandalorian. Will be cool rewatching the SW movies in 4k as well as rewatching the classic Xmen cartoon series I'm sure the Alien movies will be on there as well at some point. Don't really give a toss about the Marvel shows since my interest died down alot after the Infinity Saga. I'll still watch them though since I might as well if I'm paying for the service.

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Will be cool rewatching the SW movies in 4k as well
    Oh yes I'm looking forward to this! Also Alien will probably end up on Hulu since its R-Rated. Also keen to finally watch some Simpsons without adverts. Will probably watch Avatar again too since its been a while since I saw that.

5. Post
    I won't get it until I know all the bugs have been fixed. It sounds horrific at present.

6. Post
    Most likely get it for a year sub and see how it goes, Wife and kids are keen
    to try it..

7. Post
    Nope, I will just keep Netflix 4k and get the shows I want to see on D+ from elsewhere until they have a compelling enough lineup of new content to warrant me subscribing.

8. Post
    i thought you were in europe? I dont think you can get it here till next year anyways

9. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    i thought you were in europe? I dont think you can get it here till next year anyways
    No its confirmed to launch on Tuesday.

10. Post
    It is cheap, I will be getting it for sure. Only other streaming service I have is Netflix. Don't have sky either.

11. Post
    I only have Netflix, and am definitely getting this.

26 hours to go!

12. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    No its confirmed to launch on Tuesday.
    My post was confusing. I meant that it doesnt release in western europe till March 31st 2020.

13. Post
    At $8.33 for the 12 month deal it's great value if you enjoy their older catalogue and family safe programming. Wish they integrated Hulu

14. Post
    Anyone happen to know if there’s anything we’re missing out on that’s on other regions Disney+ yet?

15. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Anyone happen to know if there’s anything we’re missing out on that’s on other regions Disney+ yet?
    Probably wont know until tomorrow. It's actually possible our MCU library might be more complete than the U.S given Disneys deal with Sky has run out.

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Probably wont know until tomorrow. It's actually possible our MCU library might be more complete than the U.S given Disneys deal with Sky has run out.
    Yeah I’m hoping there’s a trial, as I want to commit for a year but would like to know everything I want is there first. As with Netflix and Amazon there’s a lot missing due to nz streaming rights.

17. Post
    Yea U.S folks dont get Black Panther, IW or AM&TW till late 2020. But I'm pretty sure I saw these on Neon earlier this year. So well see.

18. Post
    So will the app be available on all smart TV's & devices at launch?

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    So will the app be available on all smart TV's & devices at launch?
    Yeah, at least the ones they support (Android/LG/Samsung)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

20. Post
    I'll be watching via my PS4 or Xbox One and I'll prolly most likely check out the latest star wars tv series, when I'm done with that most likely check out some of the classic movies and tv series.

21. Post
    First thing I’ll be checking out is Gummi Bears as the DVD’s were in VHS quality and am hoping it’s been touched up for Disney+

22. Post
    It's live, apps seem to be trickling in (nothing on my Samsung TV yet, but I'd expect it soonish)
    Rambaldi wrote:
    First thing Iíll be checking out is Gummi Bears as the DVDís were in VHS quality and am hoping itís been touched up for Disney+
    Looks pretty VHSey to me - it's not terrible, but I doubt it's been remastered

23. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    First thing I’ll be checking out is Gummi Bears as the DVD’s were in VHS quality and am hoping it’s been touched up for Disney+
    Was hoping X-men would look better...we'll see

24. Post
    Also it looks like Disney did a better job at securing rights in Australia - most of the titles listed as unavailable at launch (due to existing streaming rights that have yet to expire) on Disney+ US are available on the strayan version.

25. Post
    Just signed up had a quick glance at the MCU library much more complete than the U.S. The only ones we're missing are.

Ragnarok, Homecoming, Far From Home and Incredible Hulk.

Homecoming,FFH and Incredible Hulk are tied up at Sony and Universal so that makes sense. Ragnarok I assume is tied up Neon still for a little while longer. But Over all im impressed. All the star wars movies are there except The Last Jedi (not that I care lol).