Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Terminator: Resistance - actually good?

Word of mouth is really positive for this game. Turns out the developers really turned it around since their Rambo rail shooter from a years ago.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...or_Resistance/

2. Post
    Heck no, this game is like going back in time to the year 2000 in terms of mechanics, gameplay, story and characters.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Heck no, this game is like going back in time to the year 2000 in terms of mechanics, gameplay, story and characters.

Sounds great!

4. Post
    Ive heard its trash, and from the gameplay vids ive seen, it looks like trash.

5. Post
    Haha no way. You just need to look at the devs previous masterpiece, Rambo The Video game, to know this game sucks.

Currently at around 50 on Oopencritic.

6. Post
    the rambo review still makes me laugh

7. Post
    Its decent what I heard, not great.

8. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    the rambo review still makes me laugh
    who's review?

9. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    who's review?
    All of them, by the sounds of it

10. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    who's review?

I think this is it

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Haha no way. You just need to look at the devs previous masterpiece, Rambo The Video game, to know this game sucks.
    Developers can't turn it around? Deck 13 made B-grade jank before The Surge 2; CD Projekt RED was considered B tier The Witcher 3; Guerilla Games made boring CoD clone in space FPSes before Horizon.

Currently at around 50 on Oopencritic.
    You trust traditional critics? A very small publisher doesn't have the income to bribe all of the access journalism shills.

12. Post
    ^ Valid points, TBH, Eva.

I'd also point to devs like Rebellion - their recent Strange Brigade was a criminally underrated little gem of a game, they just don't get the same level of traction as the big guys. Conversely, there's Gearbox - Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines anyone? Or Bethesda with Fallout 76.

Just because it's a minnow with sketchy history, doesn't mean their latest will be shit. Just because it's a powerhouse with loads of money and marketing, doesn't mean it will be awesome.

13. Post
    Yeah, I'm still not touching it

14. Post
    I tried watching that review but I can't stick with it due to the narrator question marking every god damn sentence.

15. Post
    Also, can anyone justify the $105 price on PSN?

16. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Developers can't turn it around? Deck 13 made B-grade jank before The Surge 2; CD Projekt RED was considered B tier The Witcher 3; Guerilla Games made boring CoD clone in space FPSes before Horizon.

You trust traditional critics? A very small publisher doesn't have the income to bribe all of the access journalism shills.
    Would hardly call Killzone CoD clones either, they came out what, a year apart? Killzone are also amazing FPS games.
    Not sure how Project RED was considered B tier in the past, last time I checked, all Witcher games were critically acclaimed.

17. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Would hardly call Killzone CoD clones either, they came out what, a year apart? Killzone are also amazing FPS games.
    Killzone 2 & 3 were certainly CoD clones, mate. Killzone 2 was set in dreary environments (goes part and parcel with the industrial wasteland that was Helghan. Still boring and ugly regardless.). It took all of the worse cliches of CoD mission design and doubled down on them (eg respawning enemies until you cross the invisible line; defend the point against waves of enemies until the time runs out objectives). Killzone 3 followed the CoD4:MW formula, eg having an "All Ghillied Up" style stealth mission where the AI officer NPC tells you what to do. Shadowfall is largely shit, to this day it's the only PS4 game that I've traded in.

EDIT: Oh God, I am having "war flashbacks" to just how bad Shadowfall was. Awful story, the plot was so retarded ("Ah yup, let's give our defeated, fascist enemy HALF OF OUR ENTIRE PLANET and let them re-arm." Only sequel trilogy Star Wars has retarded plotting than this.) Huge, empty levels with backtracking for padding. The graphics and Owl drone were the best parts of the game.

Black Plague*** wrote:
    Not sure how Project RED was considered B tier in the past, last time I checked, all Witcher games were critically acclaimed.
    All were janky games that needed several months of patching to shine, even Witcher 3.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 20th November 2019 at 3:13 pm.

18. Post
    Stop quoting Eva! Brainless prattle is not something I want to see. Especially bullshit like claims of bribery in "mainstream" gaming press. It is bullshit. It literally does not exist. If it is anywhere, and I am not claiming it is, it is more likely in the YouTube and small creator space where single party reviews and gaming commentary come from where they may be wanting to build their brand or build relationships with publishers/developers. It's common sense really.

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Stop quoting Eva! Brainless prattle is not something I want to see. Especially bullshit like claims of bribery in "mainstream" gaming press. It is bullshit. It literally does not exist. If it is anywhere, and I am not claiming it is, it is more likely in the YouTube and small creator space where single party reviews and gaming commentary come from where they may be wanting to build their brand or build relationships with publishers/developers. It's common sense and something Eva is frequently unable to grasp.
    Sadly he quoted me, so I felt compelled to reply.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    All were janky games that needed several months of patching to shine, even Witcher 3.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 193
Size:  896.3 KB

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Stop quoting Eva! Brainless prattle is not something I want to see. Especially bullshit like claims of bribery in "mainstream" gaming press. It is bullshit. It literally does not exist. If it is anywhere, and I am not claiming it is, it is more likely in the YouTube and small creator space where single party reviews and gaming commentary come from where they may be wanting to build their brand or build relationships with publishers/developers. It's common sense really.
    oh sweet summer child.

22. Post
    The video game industry is noble and honourable, there is no corruption there

23. Post
    This looks like a mobile game. Skynet (1996) was my jam back in the day.