1. Post

2020 Super Rugby squads

Name:  download (4).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  11.0 KB
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...e-five-lineups

BLUES :
    Forwards : Kurt Eklund, Ray Niuia, James Parsons, Alex Hodgman, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Sione Mafileo, Marcel Renata, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Ofa Tuungafasi, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Josh Goodhue, Jacob Pierce, Patrick Tuipulotu, Baden Wardlaw, Blake Gibson, Akira Ioane, Tony Lamborn, Dalton Papalii, Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa, Tom Robinson, Hoskins Sotutu, James Tucker.
    Backs : Finlay Christie, Sam Nock, Jonathan Ruru, Beauden Barrett, Otere Black, Jack Heighton, Stephen Perofeta, Harry Plummer, TJ Faiane, Rieko Ioane, Joe Marchant, Tanielu Tele'a, Caleb Clarke, Matt Duffie, Jordan Hyland, Emoni Narawa, Jared Page, Mark Telea.

CHIEFS :
    Forwards : Nathan Harris, Bradley Slater, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ryan Coxon, Nepo Laulala, Atunaisa Moli, Reuben O'Neill, Aidan Ross, Angus Ta'avao, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Tyler Ardron, Michael Allardice, Laghlan McWhannell, Lachlan Boshier, Mitchell Brown, Sam Cane, Pita Gus Sowakula, Luke Jacobson, Mitchell Karpik, Dylan Nel.
    Backs : Lisati Milo-Harris, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Brad Weber, Aaron Cruden, Tiaan Falcon, Damian McKenzie, Kaleb Trask, Orbyn Leger, Anton Lienert-Brown, Tumua Manu, Alex Nankivell, Bailyn Sullivan, Solomon Alaimalo, Sam McNicol, Kini Naholo, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Shaun Stevenson, Quinn Tupaea, Sean Wainui.

HURRICANES :
    Forwards : Pouri Rakete-Stones, Fraser Armstrong, Alex Fidow, Tyrel Lomax, Ben May, Xavier Numia, Asafo Aumua, Dane Coles, Ricky Riccitelli, James Blackwell, Kane Le'aupepe, Liam Mitchell, Scott Scrafton, Isaia Walker-Leawere Vaea Fifita, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Ardie Savea, Murphy Taramai, Devan Flanders, Gareth Evans.
    Backs : TJ Perenara, Jamie Booth, Jonathan Taumateine, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Fletcher Smith, Ngani Laumape, Vince Aso, Billy Proctor, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Danny Toala, Kobus van Wyk, Wes Goosen, Ben Lam, Jonah Lowe, Salesi Rayasi, Jordie Barrett, James Marshall, Chase Tiatia.

CRUSADERS :
    Forwards : Michael Alaalatoa, Harry Allan, Scott Barrett (c), Ethan Blackadder, George Bower, Tom Christie, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Mitchell Dunshea, Cullen Grace, Billy Harmon, Sione Havili, Oliver Jager, Andrew Makalio, Brodie McAlister, Joe Moody, Luke Romano, Ethan Roots, Tom Sanders, Quinten Strange, Codie Taylor, Isi Tuungafasi.
    Backs : George Bridge, Fergus Burke, Brett Cameron, Mitchell Drummond, Ere Enari, Braydon Ennor, Leicester Faingaanuku, Inga Finau, Jack Goodhue, Bryn Hall, David Havili, Will Jordan, Manasa Mataele, Dallas McLeod, Richie Mo'unga, Fetuli Paea, Sevu Reece.

HIGHLANDERS :
    Forwards : Liam Coltman, Ash Dixon, Ricky Jackson, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Josh Iosefa-Scott, Ayden Johnstone, Siate Tokolahi, Jeff Thwaites, Ethan De Groot, Pari Pari Parkinson, Josh Dickson, Jack Whetton, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, James Lentjes, Dillon Hunt, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, Shannon Frizell, Sione Misiloi, Zane Kapeli, Teariki Ben-Nicholas, Jesse Parete.
    Backs : Aaron Smith, Kayne Hammington, Folau Fakatava, Bryn Gatland, Josh Ioane, Mitch Hunt, Rob Thompson, Patelesio Tomkinson, Teihorangi Walden, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Scott Gregory, Ngane Punivai, Jona Nareki, Tevita Nabura, Josh McKay, Michael Collins, Chris Kuridrani, Connor Garden-Bachop.

2. Post
    Why the hell did the Canes sign South African utility back Kobus van Wyk ??? we've always had a ton of very good backs, if they going to sign an overseas player it needed to be in the tight-five area ffs... also amazed they didn't select Ben-Nicholas who was outstanding for Wgtn at 8, very skillful athletic player, instead we let him go to the Highlanders & keep that plodder Prinsep.
    Last edited by signman; 18th November 2019 at 10:50 am.

3. Post
    I'm pretty happy with the Canes tight 5, it's just the props are on the young side - I think they've kept May for experience but to be honest he's about 4 years past it.

Our obvious problem is first 5, I'd probably give Fletcher Smith first crack with J Marshall on the bench. Jordie can slot in if needed.

Disappointed we didn't sign Teariki Ben-Nicholas

I'd go with:

Lomax
    Coles
    Fidow
    Kane Le'aupepe
    Isaia Walker-Leawere
    Vaea Fifita
    Ardie Savea
    Gareth Evans

Reserves:

Armstrong
    Numia
    Aumua
    Blackwell
    Du'Plessis Kirifi

Don't rate May, Prinsep & Taramai. Weird choices those ones.

TJ
    Smith
    Lam (although he has slipped a bit lately IMO) or Aso
    Laumape
    Umaga-Jensen (although his defence is a bit dodgy - I think 13 is potentially a weak spot for us).
    Goosen
    Jordie

Reserves:

James Marshall
    Rayasi (think he's with the sevens though?)
    Booth

Don't rate Tiatia or Garden-Bachop - rest are all good players although don't know much about van Wyk.

4. Post
    Geez blues look even worse this year eh.

5. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Geez blues look even worse this year eh.
    You guys need a half back

6. Post
    koldz wrote:
    You guys need a half back
    We need more then that haha

7. Post
    koldz wrote:
    I'm pretty happy with the Canes tight 5, it's just the props are on the young side - I think they've kept May for experience but to be honest he's about 4 years past it.

Our obvious problem is first 5, I'd probably give Fletcher Smith first crack with J Marshall on the bench. Jordie can slot in if needed.

Don't rate Tiatia
    the lack of experience in the props is a worry, really rate the young fella Lomax though... we should've looked for another experienced prop & didn't need van Wyk with all the great backs we have.

Like both our 10's, Garden-Bachop & Smith... Garden-Bachop controlled the ship bloody well for Wgtn with his tactical kicking & goal kicking throughout the season, unfortunately he had a shocker in the Premiership final, that can happen to anyone on the day though only have to see how the ABs performed in the semi at the RWC

What ? Taitia is a top player & was outstanding in his first season for the Canes.

8. Post
    signman wrote:
    the lack of experience in the props is a worry, really rate the young fella Lomax though... we should've looked for another experienced prop & didn't need van Wyk with all the great backs we have.

Like both our 10's, Garden-Bachop & Smith... Garden-Bachop controlled the ship bloody well for Wgtn with his tactical kicking & goal kicking throughout the season, unfortunately he had a shocker in the Premiership final, that can happen to anyone on the day though only have to see how the ABs performed in the semi at the RWC

What ? Taitia is a top player & was outstanding in his first season for the Canes.
    Garden-Bachop is good at Mitre 10 cup level - not at Super

Tiatia had some good games early in the season - then it was down hill from there

9. Post
    Even with the signing of BB, Blues will still be shit house. BB will realise how crap they are and take games off like SBW did all season .

Talked to a colleague about the Blues, who is a huge Rugby enthusiast he says "They will never sell out a stadium."

I'm from Auckland also so I can trash talk lol.

10. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Garden-Bachop is good at Mitre 10 cup level - not at Super

Tiatia had some good games early in the season - then it was down hill from there
    Disagree, a couple of years ago Garden-Bachops option taking was poor, now though his option taking & composure has hugely improved making him well capable of playing at super rugby level.

Tiatia was in outstanding form in the first half dozen games especially on the counter attack & it wasn't all down hill from there, you don't have to lose a lot of form as a Canes back to lose your spot such is the huge depth of talent we have there.

11. Post
    iNx wrote:
    Even with the signing of BB, Blues will still be shit house.
    Reckon it's a laugh they'll only have him for half the season & they would've got the best out of him at 15, happy though that he's going to be at 10 where his option taking is pretty erratic, when we play the Blues BB will probably gift us a couple of intercept tries
    Last edited by signman; 18th November 2019 at 11:52 am.

12. Post
    yup, it was dumb ( or maybe smart? ) of BB to come to the Blues, i guess he wants a easy paycheck and then early release before heading out to Europe after 1 season.

Nothing has changed of the Blues, the backline looks even worst and the pack was capable of matching the best and also capable of going missing for entire games.

13. Post
    No Investec?

14. Post
    I think BB wants one more shot at the next RWC. He'll be 32 then still young to go ahead with it imo. Let's hope he maintains his discipline and keeps his fitness and body up to standard, which I'm sure he will. World class athlete he is.

15. Post
    Gotta love that backline for the Crusaders, unless you're facing it

16. Post
    Awful bloody news for the Canes... Savea will miss most of the 2020 season because he has to have knee surgery, apparently the injury happened against the poms in the semi.

17. Post
    GG

18. Post
    My expectations were already set to zero, is there anything less than zero? Now it's that.

RIP Hurricanes.

19. Post
    that is not so bad in the long run as long as the surgery and rehab goes good, a long rest and reset in a effectively pointless final year of about to be pruned Super season is goof for the player and ABs.