Did reddit kill GPforums?

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 26 to 50 of 119

  1. Post
    #26
    Konev wrote:
    mega threads have helps make the place look dead.
    Kill the megathreads

  2. Post
    #27
    I get its 2k19, but thread warfare is a bit far.

  3. Post
    #28
    Reddit has killed many websites, but this one doesn't actually appear to be one of them. I always do start to worry about these older forums though - more often than not I've been a part of a community that suddenly (often without warning) ceases to exist. I'm sure that wont happen here though... I hope not anyway, I've just signed up again (after so many years and an old login that I've forgotten) and don't think I could handle this community going under a week after I've joined...

  4. Post
    #29
    Meh -a reddit thread is over and done within 24 hours.

    GP forum threads can keep the bitterness and grudges going far longer than that...

  5. Post
    #30
    Bring back the days of:

    The Spiral v Spliffted cyber feud
    Greg.a
    Gouki's emo posts
    Brock Solid
    That dude who was convinced Lisa Lewis was in love with him and felt the need to convey it on GPForums
    Liz Shaw Forums (specifically the one where she ran for MP of Auckland Central) and moments where she blatantly googled her name to find these
    David Farrier
    Are GaR and Mettler still around? And KiwiFella?
    Also that bloke I_emon who told the Whale Oil dude to kill himself and then got owned by having his persona exposed on the internet, forever ruining his reputation should you ever search for him (was a bit of dick move by this l_emon character tbh)

    This absolute epic thread:
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/2...mbuckets-Story

  6. Post
    #31
    Caffeine wrote:
    'tis merely a flesh wound.
    But yeah, say anything mildly unpopular on r/newzealand (e.g. saying that trial by media was unfair for someone making a clear joke that was construed as sexist) then prepare yourself for the mob to attack.
    Reminds me of a couple SJW posters here, of which seem to have moved on. Constantly attacking people, got old real quick.

  7. Post
    #32
    Make Gpforums Great Again

    MGGA

  8. Post
    #33
    I've been here for 18 years ffs

  9. Post
    #34
    Today I looked at reddit before Gp if that helps

    Also:
    old.reddit
    uncheck allow "subreddits to show me custom themes" box in settings
    Install black theme

  10. Post
    #35
    Spaniard wrote:
    Also that bloke I_emon who told the Whale Oil dude to kill himself and then got owned by having his persona exposed on the internet, forever ruining his reputation should you ever search for him (was a bit of dick move by this l_emon character tbh)
    Whale oil is literally one of the scummiest pieces of human trash in NZ, and he even got convicted in recent years of defaming people on the internet. Not a dick move by |_emon at all.

  11. Post
    #36
    Spaniard wrote:
    Bring back the days of:

    The Spiral v Spliffted cyber feud
    Greg.a
    Gouki's emo posts
    Brock Solid
    That dude who was convinced Lisa Lewis was in love with him and felt the need to convey it on GPForums
    Liz Shaw Forums (specifically the one where she ran for MP of Auckland Central) and moments where she blatantly googled her name to find these
    David Farrier
    Are GaR and Mettler still around? And KiwiFella?
    Also that bloke I_emon who told the Whale Oil dude to kill himself and then got owned by having his persona exposed on the internet, forever ruining his reputation should you ever search for him (was a bit of dick move by this l_emon character tbh)

    This absolute epic thread:
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/2...mbuckets-Story
    Just spent the last 2 hours reading that thread wtf lol.

  12. Post
    #37
    As did I except 2 hours is a bit of a stretch unless you read like you type on a keyboard with 2 fingers. It was essentially a lackluster teen shitpost and if thats the epitome of GP content its less than Impressive, although the reply and response amount was quite impressive.

  13. Post
    #38
    Richard7666 wrote:
    I think a combination of Reddit and Facebook.

    reddit/nz is full of overly precious ****wits though.
    Reddit NZ is just an Ardern Circle Jerk. Really bad there. Avoid it like the plague unless you like echo chambers. At least here people debate.

  14. Post
    #39
    r/nz is filled of those people that you meet in real life that regurgitate what the media has told them and have an opinion of foreign affairs which they don't know enough about. But hey, there's enough of those people here too.

    #woke

    fkn lizard people maaaaaan

  15. Post
    #40
    Pxndx wrote:
    r/nz is filled of those people that you meet in real life that regurgitate what the media has told them and have an opinion of foreign affairs which they don't know enough about. But hey, there's enough of those people here too.

    #woke

    fkn lizard people maaaaaan
    do you get your opinions from newstalk zb lol

  16. Post
    #41
    Bobs wrote:
    Reddit NZ is just an Ardern Circle Jerk. Really bad there. Avoid it like the plague unless you like echo chambers. At least here people debate.
    lol

  17. Post
    #42
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    do you get your opinions from newstalk zb lol
    Do you get yours from the Socialist?

  18. Post
    #43
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    do you get your opinions from newstalk zb lol
    I find it more "lol" if you don't check out opposing opinions. But you keep doing you.

  19. Post
    #44
    Pxndx wrote:
    I find it more "lol" if you don't check out opposing opinions. But you keep doing you.
    As a doctoral candidate in a research area which requires supervision from politics faculty, I'm required to research opposing opinions, "lol".

  20. Post
    #45
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    As a doctoral candidate in a research area which requires supervision from politics faculty, I'm required to research opposing opinions, "lol".
    That sounds like lip service for "transparency" (a typical socialist ploy) rather than actuality and ones own biases.

  21. Post
    #46
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    As a doctoral candidate in a research area which requires supervision from politics faculty, I'm required to research opposing opinions, "lol".
    Well that's worrisome.

  22. Post
    #47
    swazi wrote:
    That sounds like lip service for "transparency" (a typical socialist ploy) rather than actuality and ones own biases.
    lemme guess, you're one of the only humans miraculously 100% free of bias?

  23. Post
    #48
    No I fully have biases, I just dont pretend for the sake of fake inclusion or whatever the new buzz word agenda is this week

  24. Post
    #49
    so you have no access to this "actuality" thing lol

  25. Post
    #50
    swazi wrote:
    That sounds like lip service for "transparency" (a typical socialist ploy) rather than actuality and ones own biases.
    “A typical socialist ploy” ****ing lmao