Did reddit kill GPforums?

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.
(6 votes)

1. Post
    Things have never changed. In the local village etc an unpopular opinion could get you ostracized or killed in a brawl . " Civilized " discussion could only happen when there was a moderator, likely one with the ability to punch an obtuse opinion into grudging acceptance. The internet forums of today merely reflects an updated version of human interaction. But humans have not changed.

2. Post
    arr wrote:
    I got banned from /r/nz for criticising Jacinda Ardern. But yet there are a couple of users on there that have the c word in their usernames uncensored. Mods are wacked. And people on /r/nz think the down vote option is a way of disagreeing with someone.
    i ruthlessly shit on jacinda all the time and never get banned, maybe there's more to the content of your criticism that you're not telling us here

3. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    i ruthlessly shit on jacinda all the time and never get banned, maybe there's more to the content of your criticism that you're not telling us here
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Plenty of Ardern haters on there that don't get banned.

4. Post
    Someone make a post there arguing that NZ should be officially renamed to Aotearoa to sever ties with Netherlands once and for all. See how many downvotes it gets.

5. Post
    massive wrote:
    Literally? Did anyone get some contact deets? Just asking for a friend.
    PM me br4

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    +1 upvote
    I hate reddits "quirky" but in reality cringeworthy mannerisms, "No, Your breathtaking, take my +1 Updoot" sort of shit.

7. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Plenty of Ardern haters on there that don't get banned.
    It's pretty common for someone to say they got banned from something and 'barely did anything wrong' then an admin or dev looks into it and the person is almost a twat worthy of the ban.

Also don't really understand how you can hate reddit when there's virtually every topic on there. Just ignore the big ones if you get offended or whatever

8. Post
    You can check the dudes posting history here for dropping red pills about the government covering up Chch shooting stuff. So, you know.

9. Post
    PSA: you can rate threads on GPforums. Please rate your threads accordingly.

10. Post
    I like that most people who post here write in English for the most part.

Not meaning English vs non-English speakers. I'm meaning English vs English-speakers refusing to speak English (text speak and whatever).

11. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    I like that most people who post here write in English for the most part.

Not meaning English vs non-English speakers. I'm meaning English vs English-speakers refusing to speak English (text speak and whatever).
    u wut, br4? u no 1337'nuff

12. Post
    ffs teelot.

13. Post
    frio wrote:
    You can check the dudes posting history here for dropping red pills about the government covering up Chch shooting stuff. So, you know.
    who's?

14. Post
    whomst's*

15. Post
    arr

16. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Someone make a post there arguing that NZ should be officially renamed to Aotearoa to sever ties with Netherlands once and for all. See how many downvotes it gets.
    That would get huge upvotes on reddit NZ. They have a hardon for Te Reo. They're blatantly xenophobic about anything non-kiwi though. Feral almost.

17. Post
    You get a bigger hadron from racist stuff comments though

18. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    You get a bigger hadron from racist stuff comments though
    I really don't like to engage with racists like yourself. Please don't address me anymore.

19. Post
    ^ Oh the irony

20. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    ^ Oh the irony
    He's extremely racist. I don't like to fraternize with these people. I also have my doubts about you.

21. Post
    Oh well in that case it’s great that I’m so concerned about what you think of me

22. Post
    The concept of Reddit is just as broken as Facebook, in that ultimately whatever the owners and advertisers allow is what gets debated, and the success of a post is determined by clicks which in turn provide revenue. That leads to all sorts of inconsistent moderation as the lower peons race to action policy forced down from upper leadership ever conscious of the bottom line. GP Forums avoids this by being a lot smaller and relatively independently funded.

23. Post
    I just remembered I got banned from a subreddit

called EatCheapAndHealthy

24. Post
    le reddit xD

25. Post
    Reddit is so drastically different sub-to-sub. Some subs I regularly post in because I think they're great. But there are some subs that align with my interests but I ultimately end up avoiding because they're either full of unfunny meme reposts, or the moderators delete/lock everything that slightly deviates from the circlejerk.

Heres an example.

I posted the same joke to two similar subs. Spot the difference:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...mments/e9vbua/
    https://old.reddit.com/r/wowcirclejerk/comments/e6sirb/