1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Looks cool, but i just spent money on building a new system this year. Dunno if i can be bothered spending $1500 AUD for steam index for March release so i'll sit back.

WIll be worse for people who haven't upgraded for VR capable systems, however enough fan boys to keep sales high i'd say.

3. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    Looks cool, but i just spent money on building a new system this year. Dunno if i can be bothered spending $1500 AUD for steam index for March release so i'll sit back.
    It's compatible with all headsets.

4. Post
    Obviously this game exist's as a vehicle to sell their VR headset but I also think they're testing the waters to see if there's still hunger for a new half life game. The only downside to this is that some people might want a new half life but aren't keen on VR so if people dont buy this game because they don't like VR it will look like they dont want a new half life.

5. Post
    Do you really think there's any question about the level of demand for a new HL game?

6. Post
    it is possible they are like me who do not want VR because it is expensive and limited in scope and application at this time or they could have just forgotten Valve even exists and do not really care about HL anymore

7. Post
    What. wrote:
    Do you really think there's any question about the level of demand for a new HL game?
    Sure the hype is there within the gaming industry and fandom but is it there in the mainstream? Been a long time since Half Life 2. well over a decade.

8. Post
    Lol Rhys Darby with the comedy.

9. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Lol Rhys Darby with the comedy.
    I found his inclusion a bit jarring, other than that I can't wait to play it.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Sure the hype is there within the gaming industry and fandom but is it there in the mainstream? Been a long time since Half Life 2. well over a decade.
    I had to look it up: half life 2 was 2004 and the two short episodes (with the third cancelled) came out in 2006 and 2007. So there hasn't been a half life game in 12 years, or 15 from the original.
    Nostalgia will sell some, just a question of Valve trying to estimate what that would be.

11. Post
    Valve confirms other half life games are in development.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68894...ing/index.html

12. Post
    I've not long sold my Oculus. Was cool, but such a painful lack of software and the motion sickness sucked. Slightly regret it now, but I know that even if I did have my headset for this all I'd get are headaches and motion sickness, so... eh, I guess.